[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Is it possible to extract the authorization token somehow?

So I can still sign into the Nest website and view my cams from the desktop with my original Nest account (not using Google account). However, I cleared my token, and now cannot log in through NST Manager to update my token. Unlike the above posts, is this hopefully something fixable?

Not fixable. Once you removed the token, that’s it! No way to reconnect.

ohshit Well that sucks.

edit: Wait. I thought they totally shutted WwN for all new accounts, but the infrastructure was staying online for now. Is that really incorrect?

It is correct, the Nest API is available, BUT the oauth process was killed. New oauth must go through Google and can only use new Google API.

I was using NST Manager Real-Time Events. Is there some way to pull and reuse the token from logs somewhere?

I can’t believe that I completely nuked my Nest devices…

No, once you removed a key, is gone.

omfg I can’t even

Wait, according to this, I can get a token…

Alternatively, you can log into home.nest.com from your browser and extract the token from the response of the session API call.

I do see a token in there. Can I use that?

I don’t think you can, try and let us know :wink:

NST wants to grab its own token. How can I simply enter one?

Add a line to top of the nest-manager code below the appVerData() like this:

def appVersion() { "5.6.4" }
def appVerDate() { "05-16-2019" }
atomicState?.authToken = "{your_token_here}"
1 Like

Safe to assume that your post was literal and that the braces are required? If so, doesn’t seem like it worked.

No, the braces need to be removed

Tried without the braces and was unable to get it to work. Although I wonder if there’s something extra in this token. It’s got some periods and underscores in it. I tried slowly removing all that stuff, but got nowhere.

I’m not ready to let go yet. Anyone got an example of what a proper OAUTH token should look like?

According to this post, it seems I’m putting in the correct token as it starts with b.

Any other way this might work?

it usually starts with b. and has all the alphnumeric characters (it’s long)
Where did you get the token? If it’s not authorized for all the device data you are using it won’t work

My last post has the easiest way to get it.

Browse to https://home.nest.com/session

It’s listed as access_token. Looks like the same thing, no?

Sorry I missed that.
This won’t work. The nest.com is a completely different API and the token you are using is not authorized for a Works with Nest connection :frowning:

NST would need to be completely rewritten to use an unofficial API which will likely disappear at some point.

Ahh crap. That makes sense I guess as the HomeBridge thing is using that API.

This makes me sick that my Nest gear is now mostly useless to me. So. Much. Money.

And it would all still be working if I hadn’t cleared the token. :frowning: