[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I was trying to set up an automation with my Nest based on cooling temperature and it seems that the numbers may be a bit off @tonesto7

Looking for some help getting NST Manager to stay current. For the past few weeks it stops automatically updating every couple days. When I open Nest Weather or my thermostats, it will show an old date for “Tstat Last Checked-In”. It also isn’t automatically changing the mode based on presence.

If I hit the “play” button on NST Manager in my smartapps list (automations tab), it will refresh and work fine for a couple days before it stops working again. The app and device handlers are current on my IDE. Any suggestions?

I want to setup a remote temperature sensor using an ST sensor. However, since Nest is going to impact all of us with their API changes is it correct to assume this solution will be short-lived? Am I better of spending money on a Nest Remote Sensor? I’d really like to avoid that if it’s not needed.

@tonesto7 thoughts?

Something to consider…One feature that I find great about using Nest own temp sensor is that the thermostat reports the temp in that room. With a ST temp sensor, the Nest thermostat will report the temperature from the thermostat.

Good to know. Thanks.

This is valid for NST Manager users…

2 Likes

Hello all. Testament to this app, i haven’t had to come on here for a while. But now i seem to be getting errors. I guess this has to do with this Google issue and API? Will this no longer function within ST anymore? :frowning:
When i adjust my temps within ST they dont reflect on my NEST thermostat. Also had it on my night mode routine to drop the temp for the night but this is no longer working.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

EDIT: so this is the error I see beneath my nest settings
{“error”:true,“type”:“groovy.lang.MissingMethodException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

Open NST Manager in Automation and click Save in the upper right of the screen. See if that restores everything.

yeah i tried that buddy after i saw someone mention that above. Ive edited my new post with the error i see

Ok, so i manually ran my night routine again ( after going into NST manger and clicking save on the top right ) and it now seems to be working as it brought temp down to my specified settings. However, if i go into the NST within “things” and try to adjust the temp, nothing happens?
The error code i see as well is annoying me because ive no idea what that is.
So is NST manager still fully functioning after 31st Aug?

As long as you do not migrate from your Nest account to a Google account, NST Manager May continue to work past Aug 31st until Google totally kills the Works with Nest API.

1 Like

It would be good to see IDE logs on your error.

I needed to reset my nest token but when I got to the authorisation page I got the dreaded Oops! We’ve encountered an error. Please try again.

I haven’t converted to a Google account so I would expect this to still work. Any ideas?

1 Like

My understanding of Google Nest mess is that existing connections to third party services would continue to work until Google decides to close it off. But if anyone switched to a Google account or disconnected any current Connections between Nest and third-party services then there would be no way to reconnect those third party connections to Nest. Maybe I am wrong and hopefully someone will correct me if I am.

Unless that third party had switched to the new google API. And right now, I have only heard of Alexa doing that with a new skill.

So if you removed your token, I believe you are out-of-luck.

1 Like

Well, that’s that then. I’ve removed all the NST devices and smartapps and will now sit back in my slightly dumber house waiting for some proper integration with Google Nest to be released. Could be a long wait.

Save a dollar for each day you wait and you’ll be able to buy Ecobee before Google Nest releases a decent API.

3 Likes

Or just use Z-Wave Smoke Alarms / Thermostats.

I absolutely love my Nest Thermostat / Protects but after Google’s mess, I’m likely going to be switching to Z-Wave devices.

1 Like

@yvesracine, you are asking for donation from @stuartcummings before he even saved one dollar towards his Ecobee? That’s a little excessive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nest is dead, long live to the ecobee! I’ve always said that the ecobee is far better since day one.

He can probably trade its Nest for an ecobee (but not in any automation forum for sure)…

Nest is now just a paperweight in any automation forum…

I hope they live, they had more outages lately than Nest ever had. :rofl:

2 Likes