[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Webcore is the way to go.

If you use the Built-in automation app there is a fan control feature that does exactly what your asking for

1 Like

Hi,
How do I update the the Wunderground weather location? The location I have set is not giving any data and I can’t see a way of changing it.
Thanks.

what exactly does “lite app mode” do? I didnt see a description in the wiki.

My Thermostat and weather information has updated since Sunday. Does anyone know what may have cause it. I’ve done all the recent updates.

There are several things to check

• in the nest mobile app, ensure everything is ok (you can see devices etc, no messages about permissions, etc)
  • Then go into ST app (classic) and go into NM, again check for errors, and done/save your way out
  • if things are still giving you trouble, you want to look at IDE “Live Logging” and see if there are errors there.

There have not been recent changes to NM. I don’t know how long you have been running recent version.

You can enable remote diagnostics, and private message myself or tony to have a look.

1 Like

Just got notification that NST manager hasn’t received data
Logs show a few errors:

12:33:31 PM: error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 439258652361800 @line -1 (apiIssueEvent)
12:33:21 PM: info ||| NST Manager (v5.5.5) | Updating Meta Data (forcedPoll)
12:33:21 PM: error getApiData (type: str) Exception: org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException: developer-api.nest.com:443 failed to respond @line 3604 (getApiData)
12:33:21 PM: info ||| NST Manager (v5.5.5) | Updating Structure Data (forcedPoll)
12:33:21 PM: error getApiData (type: dev) Exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out @line 3604 (getApiData)

And this (from initialize when saving):
12:34:57 PM: error org.springframework.security.access.AccessDeniedException: Access Denied @line 7739 (settingRemove)

I saw nest having API problems for about 15-30 mins. For me it seems to have cleared up. At the same time, the nest mobile app worked, but ST logs showed the null responses. So I don’t know if this was ST or nest.

You can go into NM, and done/save out.

In any case, I recently saw exactly what you saw for more than 15 mins

I am seeing some intermittent updates now but a lot of errors as well.
The Nest developer environment must be having some issues.

I started to see “API Status is: Has Issue” messages in the SmartThings device event log about 2 hours ago, Since then there have been about 15 “API Status is: Has Issue” and “API Status is: Good” messages logged.

1 Like

I’ve been getting these sporaticly the last few weeks, thought it was just me so I debugged everything, ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall. Now I cant even get it installed, get stuck when trying to install the app and log into nest. I log in but it just times out and says “cant refresh” or something.

I really hope google provides some type of official integration soon even if via ifttt, this is such a complex solution for a simple need.

Any way to fix this problem, I just started getting it also. Nest app works fine.

Me too - and again right when it gets cold.

Yeah, just glad the app works fine. If need be I’ll just go back to that. You reinstall nest app?

Edit: seems to have fixed itself.

It appears the last time my Nest protect connected was on November 7th. How do we get this back up and running?

About twice a week I have been going into the diag page and running the diag commands “run update, stateCleanup”. That seems to get things working temporarily for me.

Anyone running the REST api on a windows machine? I have so many other api’s running on my windows box I’d hate to waste a rasperry pi just for one purpose.

it will run fine on windows as long as you have a node process manager like PM2 running it

1 Like

After last update I am getting the following message multiple times per day for my Nest Thermostat “Device is offline: Please check your logs for possible issues.”. I am able to see trends of temperature in the UI, but this message is really annoying. Would appreciate any help to resolve this issue.