[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

If you look under my thread, @tonesto7 posted many times and the posts are still there today…

I was offended by some posts in my thread from other NST team members (one of them has since left the forum ), which were offensive for the work I’ve done for the community …

Ask @tonesto7 if he’s offended… we just exchanged about our respective design…

I do see that Firebase has been experiencing high latency issues since last night. I’m not familiar with the NST architecture and how Firebase is used - or if there is any relationship between the issues at all.

We do use firebase but only to collect anonymous exception data if the user opts-in for it.
But it was disabled as soon as I seen the platform issues start

1 Like

Hm, a quick glance shows these errors started around 9 PM Pacific when Firebase started reporting issues.

3 Likes

@tonesto7 I can take a look later tonight to verify but if brad is correct the way you could work around latency issues like that is by using asynchronous http instead of sync. Async will send the request and then continue execution of the function. Then when the http responses completes the handler will fire in a new sandbox with another 20 seconds (IIRC it has the same timeout).obviously if firebase is having issues and is timing out you won’t get your metrics but at least you can limit your exposure in ST.

2 Likes

NST mgr only uses async. The issue in the platform. It does seem better, but this is a diversion talking about firebase and async.

@E_Sch @anon36505037 Platform timeouts a lot now (7 September 2018)

1 Like

Hey Everyone,
I have noticed over the last few days that my Set to ECO if Contact Open isn’t triggering ECO on my Thermostat. Also when I go into thermostat device on ST anything I do in ST sends the notification that it was complete but Nest isn’t changing. If I make changes on the nest app they update correctly on the ST app.

Any Idea why this would have stopped working in the last week? I updated NSTManager and devices yesterday to see if that would help but no change.

thanks for the help!

Couple of things

ST did some major platform changes thursday and again yesterday.

This caused issues for many automations using scheduling, etc.

It also introduced upgrades to groovy which caused issues.

Most of this appear better now, you may want to go into NST manager, and hit save/done.

If you still have problems, there is a small set of fixes we will release shortly due to the groovy changes.

1 Like

Ok thanks Eric!

I removed the automations, rebuilt them and saved them. That still didn’t help. Haven’t reinstalled NST Manager but was wondering if that was the next step.

I’ll wait and see if the updates help.

Thanks for the help!

I don’t know the from / to of the groovy versions. If we did we could check release notes.

1 Like

Tony has put out an updated NST Manager 5.5.1

It has fixes for some of the groovy updates ST applied recently.

It is suggested everyone update to this version and associated automations and dth’s.

2 Likes

OK, just updated to 5.5.1 and now I’m getting these after the fact :neutral_face:

Yup Me too

Do you update with the github integration or by hand?

Please be sure that you updated all smart apps and device handlers.

If you still have the problem, private message me to debug further.

By github intergration

updated around 11PM GMT and the last notification I got was 7AM GMT there was a notification every 20mins between then

Same here. updated via Community Installer

Please check if things are better now with community installer

I made a small change

You might need to update Nest-Manager app.

1 Like

Github integration …

Just updated to the new new Manager app … let you know in 10 to 20 mins. the outcome …

UPDATE: So far so good with the latest Nest Manager …

1 Like

My Nest App isn’t changing locations to away or home? The automations don’t seem to work…I updated and saved the settings.