[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

So, all my nest items just deleted on their own after I upgraded? Seems kinda odd to me. I sure didn’t delete them.

they couldn’t have been deleted if they were present in any other apps/automations

Did you recently change your nest token or move you devices to different nest account?

Nope. Haven’t done a thing. Everything has been humming along very happily.

no token changes for me. Haven’t touch my setup in years except adjusting automation setpoints/schedules.

I believe you that no logic has been recently added that would delete devices that are in use by NST mgr and in other apps. Wasn’t implying otherwise. Bugs, however, are usually unintended, and it’s just as likely that it could be something specific to my/@Tony_B 's setup.

I only posted about the issue in the first place to see if it was just me or if anyone else had experienced it.

I apologize! When i’m wrong i’m wrong!
I just spoke to @E_Sch and he said it might have just deleted your. For some reason the platform just ignored the in use exception and force removed the devices on him… It’s random…

We use that exception to help us regulate devices.
He fixed the potential bug…

We will be rolling out the fixes today pending testing…

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks for looking into it.

All thanks go to @E_Sch

He’s pretty amazing at finding all these tricky bugs

1 Like

Hello everybody,

I am looking to fit my radiators with Tado soon. After I integrate them in st will they show under thermostats in nst manager? Is there any way I can program nest to kick in when one tado is below the desired temperature?

If there is no way doing this from NST manager, probably I will have to rely on CoRE pistons. Or might be a smoother experience to just ditch the nest thermostat and use Tado thermostat instead?

Thanks

@tonesto7

Is there a way that you can set up a new report for “Dewpoint”…

I would like to track it with Grafana/Influx. I really don’t know which category you could fit it in. Maybe as an alternate temp or water sensors?

Since the last update I have been seeing that within the NEST app that they are going offline more than usual. I thought maybe I was having issues with my mesh network but I have dne everything possible to change configurations to try to keep them online but periodically they go offline randomly. I have three of them. I know the question is going to be can I control them with the NST app…not sure I did not try it. Next time it goes offline I will give it a shot. I know the NST …I think…was not communicating with the Tstat because it was hotter then hell in my family room. I had to manually turn it on.

Eric made some optimizations to the device health which I’ve been noticing more alerts…
I’m not sure if there is a bug or it’s actually working better and the devices really are losing connection more.

I cannot control it with the nest app or the NST app. It is like it is deaf. As a matter of fact I can control any of the three with any of the apps

Sounds like a wifi issue to me…

Hmm ok will I will reboot it again. On the nest it says that it is connected

But you can’t control even in Nest App right? I wonder if Nest is having API issues

it is back working now… i have been having issues off and on. Probably my stupid Amplifi Mesh network

are you running the ST hub beta? I’ve been having lots of issues with LiFX devices going offline all the sudden. And really high CPU usage on my Untangle Gateway…

How would I know if I am running the beta. Did I have to sign up for it?

yes it’s an opt-in beta… so you would know :wink: