[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I have installed the new Device & App. But when I configure the Nest on Smartthings , it gives an Error - You are not authorized to perform the requested operation. I checked the OAuth is enabled.
I noticed this error in the Logs -
physicalgraph.exception.NotFoundException: Cound not find a SmartApp with the name NST Automations in namespace tonesto7 @ line 2271

Pls let me know if I missed something

Not having issues or receiving any errors (other than the camera id msg we discussed already). Then there is the separate issue around the Android side of devices not being able to reload the content when going back into them a second time.

Everything looks great as well in NST Manager after my post 17.12 upgrade today.

Does Oauth need to be enabled for both nest-manager and for NST Automations, or just nest-manager?

Thanks for fixing the issues via the 5.02 release, greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

Hello @tonesto7, @E_Sch great stuff with the latest update. Seems that @Alyc100 has figured out how to resolve the android html rendering issue. Is it possible to take a look to see what Alex did to resolve and see if it can be done here?

Thanks…

Can you give me more detail on this?

He doesn’t seem to have fixed anything related to the bugs in android. At least not that i can see.

I can say i’m a little disappointed that @Alyc100 completely copied all of the HTML graph render code (our internal logging methods were still there and just commented out) and no where did he even mention us or all the hard work we put into making it work.

Please see the picture of my living room log. I’m seeing connection notification’s between my Nest thermostat and Smartthings. Perhaps someone can explain why I am receiving regular notifications or can tell me how to disable this information in the log. They come between every 5 and 15 minutes. I’ve been seeing this ever since my initial install of Nest Manager in January. The app is current to the 5.0.3 version. As far as i know my smart apps work as intended despite this connection interruption. I just don’t want this specific notification clogging up my device log.
Thank you.

Just so i’m clear:
You are not receiving push notifications right?

The last connection entries are created every time the device checks into nest (basically it’s a heartbeat).
It doesn’t mean you are disconnecting and reconnecting :slight_smile:

I assume those notifications drive you crazy?

Hi sorry if I’ve upset anyone :sweat:. I just saw in a post that an html rendering problem was fixed for an android device and highlighted it. I don’t have an appropriate mihome device to test so cannot verify. The exchange just implied it was somehow fixed.

As for the “heatbeats” in the post above, I have the exact opposite since upgrading to v5. I’d love to get them back, I have zero event updates for many hours now for both my thermostat and wired protects. I assumed this was normal. Any advice?

So, I have 5 Nest Protects installed. I am wonder how Nest Presence works here? I have that installed as well, but it generally shows as present event when no one is home.

Since there isn’t really a home/away mode since all I have are Nest Protects, I was assuming that the Nest Presence would use the Nest Protect sensors to know if someone is home or not.

Am I missing something?

No need to say your sorry at all. :slight_smile:
I’m not upset. The reason it was fixed is that he used my code :wink:

The html issue can’t be fixed on our end.
The android client removed it’s current url document path so that’s why the page doesn’t reload html content.
I’m sure the miHome devices are experiencing the same reload issues.

I will look into this i don’t remember changing this but it’s possible.

Every once in a while I am getting this error, I have not had a chance to check logs while I get this error but do you guys know what is causing it?

OK, I seem to be running into an odd issue. NST is configured to set my home to away when we leave. I get the notification from NST that it has been changed to Away. When I check the Nest app, though, it says Away at the top, but both my thermostats show them still at Home temps. I have to flip it to Home and then back to Away in the Nest app before they say they are in Eco mode.

Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on how to proceed?

If possible can you try and watch the logs the next time it should be going to away?

… Merged into latest release post

Can you open up an issue on github with any findings?

##Update: Nest Manager v5.0.4 and Automations v5.0.2
I just pushed out a small update to help prevent unintended installs of the automation app via the marketplace.

Calling on the community for Help with Wiki Documentation.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

With the latest release there were some changes to setup and there seems to be some confusion.
I would really appreciate it if people could step up and volunteer to help modify the documentation on the Wiki.

####Area’s of Focus:

• The installation process
  • Troubleshooting
  • Frequently Asked Questions

This will greatly help new comers with issues and troubleshooting.
I just don’t have time to keep up with the documentation like i would like to as this is becoming like a second job :slight_smile:
I really want to build it up to include descriptions of all available settings and options.

Incentive:

I will hook up any contributors that actually put some time into this with the upcoming “Real-Time Nest Local Node Streaming Service” (This is going to be donation only feature)
(Those who already donated will receive it when released. I will be reaching out to those individuals over the next few weeks with instructions and making an official post. I just need to finish the windows and mac install scripts)

Thanks…

I just started receiving push notifications with the latest update which i have to figure out how to disable (they show up on everyone’s phone and my wife hates to see these things).

Thanks for the info and YES I would love to not see these notifications in my log! Is there a way to disable?

Do you have contact book enabled on your ST account?

This allows you to select who sees the notifications:
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Notification_Preferences

There is a work around to enable the contact book on your account.
If you would not like an alerts just visit the manager > Notifications > App Alerts

I think the documentation is an outstanding idea, specifically because I think this is probably one of the most, if not the single most significant, important and necessary app available for SmartThings and I’m sure that an overwhelming large percentage of SmartThings customers own Nest products. As I stated before, if this app didn’t exist within ST I would have chosen to go the way of Vera or Abode or just waited longer before plunging in and integrating everything into a hub. I have more to say but I will keep it short (unlike all my other posts).

For those that do take this on, a few comments:

1. Breaking down installation instructions so that a customer who is non technical in anyway can decipher step by step what to perform for first time success. If New to ST world none of the technical verbiage makes any sense to these folks.
  2. Completely separate instructions for GitHub and Manual installation (it’s semi separated). Recommendation based on skill set and knowledge as to what path to follow.
  3. Operational known issues for any OS (Android, IOS, etc) with MOST Mgr. This will help prevent a lot of unnecessary posts (like mine) on issues or shortcomings of what NST Mgr can and cannot do
  4. Configuration - A complete write up on all the Configuration Settings (Manage Automations / Logging / Diagnostics / Notifications) and what they mean and tasks they perform.
  5. Standardized troubleshooting techniques with steps from A to Z based on previous KB articles or known issues / problems.
  6. Overview of all capabilities of what NST Mgr brings to the table when all Nest Products have been integrated into ST via NST Manager.
  7. Pending items - Functionality or issues being worked on for future releases. Logged issues list link.

Just some thoughts that come to mind.

Thx,

Mark

1 Like