*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Best Zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps

A little confused regarding the two threads, this one, and the other one here:

I assume this is the “current” thread for this discussion, so moving my comments/questions from there to here.

This looks pretty cool, wanted to confirm it could resolve a problem w/our home.

We have a ranch style house, aligned along North/South, and south end of the house (living room/office/family room) is always warmer than the north end (bedrooms). So we get:

Winter: Heat enough to warm south end, and then the north end is too cold.
Summer: Cool enough to cool south end, and then the north end is again too cold.
So it seems like I could use the smart vents and smartapps/DTHs, to set up a system where the temperature is balanced across the house, with the hotter south end getting less heat/more cooling, and the cooler north end geting more heat, less cooling.

Assuming above is true, the HW to do this would be:

• 9 smart vents to replace the 9"dumb" vents we have in the house
  • Temp sensors in each room

Questions:

1. My Nest thermostat is programmed w/several temperature ranges during the day - I have temperature range settings for early AM, mid-morning to afternoon, afternoon to evening, and then bedtime. Does this system support that level of control?

2. Do the current vents on the Keen site include the pressure sensor? Can’t find a model number on them on the site.

3. If we only replace a subset of vents (in the too cold and too warm rooms) does that really work well? Seems like the remaining dumb vents would siphon off hot/cold air and make it harder for the system to balance temperatures properly.

4. How important to have motion and temp sensors, vs. just temp sensors?

Thanks!