*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Best Zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps

Hi,

As indicated at the ST community wiki under the configuration section, ESZWS uses the ecobee climates (or comfort settings) for triggering the schedules in the smartapp. So, the schedules are run based on the ecobee scheduling. For every climate set at ecobee, you may associate 1 schedule in the smartapp.

The ST location modes are just secondary triggers for the smartapp.

Refer to the ST community for configuration & troubleshooting tips:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Configuration
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Troubleshooting

P.S. ESZWS will not be able to trigger your fan for 5 or 20 minutes when you sensors are active or not active, those are custom rules that you can set in Core/WebCore or any other rule engine.

However, ESZWS can trigger your fan when the temp differential in the zone (between all your room sensors) has reached a threshold set in your schedule. Or, you can change the ecobee’s fanMinRunTime (which is the minimum fan time in an hour) in every schedule…

Regards.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve read through the documents and am still a bit confused.

In the ESZWS, I have 'Set Main Thermostat (away,present)? set to TRUE, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. The EcobeeClimate/Program remain at the last run Ecobee schedule. In the SCHEDULE settings, I have the ‘Which Ecobee Climate’ and ‘Choose Mode’ set to whatever (Home/Home for HOME Schedule). I don’t know if this is correct because I don’t know what Mode is referring to (Ecobee Mode? ST Mode? ESZWS Schedule?)

I can’t use the Ecobee Home/Away because none of my sensors are Ecobee. Do I need to use WebCore to change Ecobee to Home/Away, which will change the ESZWS ‘Last Running Schedule’ to whatever the EcobeeProgram is?

Basically my ESZWS dashboard reads:

ST hello mode: Home
Last Running Schedule: Null
EcobeeClimateSet: Morning
EcobeeProgramSet: Morning

Hi, you can use any room’s motion sensors (as long as they are connected to ST) to set your thermostat to Away or Home. The switch to the ecobee’s Home or Away mode is done only based on the motion sensors configured in the smartapp.

If no motion is detected in all your rooms (according to the occupied threshold in each of your rooms), then your main thermostat is set to ecobee’s Away mode.

And, the mode inputted in the Schedule setup is the location mode set for your ST hub. As I wrote to you earlier, the ST mode is a secondary trigger (ex. you may want to run the schedule associated to your ecobee’s Morning climate only when your ST location mode is set to Home). This is an optional, by default the schedule will run in all ST modes.

I strongly recommend to read the use cases documented at the wiki.

If you need further assistance for the configuration, please contribute to the support packages at my store. I can configure it for you provided that you give me access to your ST account.

P.S. The dashboard will display the last running schedule as defined in the smartapp.
Regards

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know, I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.6), ScheduleTstatZones (v8.2.6) and ScheduleRoomTempControl (v4.1.6) to avoid opening/closing the vents in rapid succession when in fact they need to stay open as the main tstat’s OperatingState is fan only (even though there is a schedule change at the same time).

You can download the new versions at my store using the original sellfy link.

The new code is available at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store.

Regards.

So I installed this yesterday, and it seems to keep resetting my heat/cool setpoints to 72/75 and I don’t know why.

I went into the TstatZone and set it there, and it seems to have stopped. I had them blank before.

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all Sensibo users, I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.7) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.2.7) to be able to support the Sensibo thermostat capabilities (custom DTH) in order to control window/mini splits.

• With the new release, you can automatically turn on/off the Sensibo according to your schedules and even control the fan speed based on the concepts of rooms/zones/schedules just like the Remotec ZXT-120 and the Flair HVAC Units.

For more info about supported features and use cases, refer to the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule

Regards.

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.8) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.2.8) to use the app.updateSetting() method in order to keep the virtual zone devices in sync with the values (temp delta, active zone or not) in the zoning smartapps.

Keen home vents at 40% discount.

Use KEENCLEARANCE promo code.

https://mailchi.mp/keenhome/x-1241333?e=9c7640bc90

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.9) , ScheduleTstatZones (v8.2.9), and ScheduleRoomTempControl (v4.1.9) to introduce an optional delay (set in GeneralSetup) before opening all vents when the thermostat’s OperatingState is fan only.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store .

Regards.

Is the promotion no longer available? KEENCLEARANCE

Yeah, it’s over… Was for a limited time.

Hi,

Just to let my contributors and all ST users know and all users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.9a) , ScheduleTstatZones (v8.3), and ScheduleRoomTempControl (v4.1.9a) to correct the zone’s active flag when set using the virtual zone devices.

• Also, in ScheduleTstatZones (v8.3), you can now indicate in each schedule if you want to synch the rooms’ slave thermostats (ex. eTRVs, portable heaters/coolers, mini/window splits) with the master’s thermostat’s setpoints or use the corresponding scheduled setpoints.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store .

Regards.

Hi. I’m trying to figure out if your app is going to work for my situation.

I’ve got a heat pump system that has three thermostats. Each thermostat controls a zone. When a zone calls for heating or cooling, dampers in the ducts are adjusted.

While it’s possible to set one thermostat to heat and another to cooling, the results would be kind of unpredictable since the single heat pump can only do one or the other.

My main need is to ensure that the three thermostats aren’t changed to conflicting mode settings. And to easily set all three to a given mode as a group.

Beyond that, I’m intrigued with the idea of automating mode changes based on outdoor temperatures.

The only temperature sensors I have are the thermostats themselves. No directly controllable smart vents, the dampers are controlled indirectly by setting the thermostat modes and setpoints.

Hi,

The vent settings are optional.

As I wrote to you before, you can elect one thermostat as the master and the slave thermostats will sync with the master in terms of mode (cool, heat, off, etc.) and setpoints. You can even specify a delta temp for each zone for finer control of colder/hotter rooms.

See the list of supported features and use cases at the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Supported_Features

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Configuration

The look and feel of the virtual zone devices and smartapp are described with screenshots here

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Look_.26_Feel
Regards.

Keen vents on sale (25% off) till October 31st…

No tricks, just treats
Get 25% off thru October 31st

Hi ,

PRE-BLACK FRIDAY SALE!
As a thank you for your loyalty, we wanted to open up our Black Friday sale to our insiders.
During this pre-sale, you’ll get access to our low inventory items before anyone else!

Get 30% off the Keen Home Shop* with code: PREBLACKFRIDAY2018

Regards.

LAST DAY FOR THE PRE-BLACK FRIDAY SALE!
Only hours left of our Black Friday sale just for our insiders.
During this pre-sale, you’ll get access to our low inventory items before anyone else!

Get 30% off the Keen Home Shop* with code: PREBLACKFRIDAY2018

View this email in your browser
Hi ,

Black Friday
ALL WEEKEND LONG

30% OFF the Keen Home Store.

Enter code BLACKFRIDAY2018 at checkout.

BUY NOW

Hi ,

LAST FEW DAYS
for 30% OFF the Keen Home Store.
Enter code BLACKFRIDAY2018 at checkout.

*Offer not valid for bundled items. Offer valid until 11:59PM PST December 2, 2018.