[DEPECRATED] Neurio-SmartThings integration

Works great! Thanks for the quick response, this is certainly worth my support.

Is there any way to edit which tiles show up for the Neurio device? I don’t generate any power. Also, what is ENERGY supposed to represent? Is that the total calculated since the Neurio was installed?

Merci infiniment!

@sracine,

• Is there any way to edit which tiles show up for the Neurio device?

No, not at the moment. Maybe later when dynamic tiles will be available.

• Also, what is ENERGY supposed to represent? Is that the total calculated since the Neurio was installed?

Yes, Energy is the total calculated for a period.

Merci infiniment! Pas de quoi.’

Et, merci pour votre contribution.

Is there an Android version, and if not, what’s holding it back, errors in the Android app interface?

Is there a quick description about how this works anywhere? I’ll keep searching, and clearly there is the Neur.io site I’m combing, but I’m curious what the appliances are, do they come from Neur.io, or are they energy monitors/switches in ST? Sorry for any obvious questions.

Hello @bridaus,

Apart from the official web site, you can look into the community forum site here:

http://community.neur.io/

ST has been aware of this issue since the Android V1.7 upgrade mess…The ticket has been open since May 9th. I’ve done many representations to ST about this UI issue, but the Android Engineering team seems to be too busy to fix it.

The issue is sproadic: not all the Neur.io appliance objects are affected. For instance, at my home, only the Dryer is crashing the Android UI.

BTW, the UI issue does not affect the main Neur.io power & energy meter exposed to ST, just some appliances detected by the device.

Hello @Tyler, I have some issues with Android 1.7.2.

As previously discussed, I created a Neurio Service Manager for instantiating some Neurio Device and Neurio Appliance objects into ST.

See my device type code at github:

The service manager is under

The Service Manager works only on iOS for the moment (as there is an ongoing support ticket with the login page not loading properly on Android), but that’s not the issue I want to expose here.

The objects that I instantiated with the Neurio Service Manager can be properly loaded into the Things shortcut on the iOS dashboard, but not on Android.

It looks like an object created under iOS cannot be loaded in the Android UI? I would have thought that an object is UI & OS independent, but it doesn’t look like it in my use case.

Please advise.

They come from Neur.io which can infer the appliances by looking at their power consumption signature. The appliance detection is far from perfect (especially in a ‘busy’ house), but it works for big items such as dryers, air conditioners, water heaters, etc.

Regards.

@yvesracine, can you confirm that I need to have the Neur.io device in order to use their service or not?

If not, how do I get an account?

thanks. I’m evaluating Power Consumption applications at the moment, there are many to choose from in this space now.

yes, you need the neur.io device in order to use their service.

You may also want to look into Curb.

Regards

But if it requires something other than my HEM, I won’t consider it. I want generic supported devices. No one off companies. I want to own my data.

Nuer.io is exactly that, a one-off company where you don’t own the data. I have one and use @yvesracine’s integration method for Android devices. I can’t say I use the integration really for anything other than getting the usage data into my own DB for tracking purposes.

Good morning,

I am brand new to smart things, but have had Neurio for a while. Right now I have followed the instructions for your SmartApp and DeviceType install with ST.

However, on my “things” screen (latest smart things app), I see only my 3 devices, not any “Neurio” “thing.” The same is true here, I have 3 appliances, but no actual base Neurio: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list

Any ideas?

Hi,

FYI, I’ successfully instantiated the device and appliances this morning.

1. Have you followed all the installation steps at :smile: ttps://github.com/yracine/device-type.myneurio/blob/master/README.md

2. Also, there is a troubleshooting section at the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Neurio_Device#Troubleshooting

1. You may want to activate the live logging in the IDE when executing MyNerurioServiceMgr and PM me
    the logs for the device itself and the smartapp (by filtering at the top).

There could be some ST or Neur.io platform changes that may affect you.

Regards.

Ok let me do it once more with live logging active. Can you tell me how to safely remove, everything? Just go to the API Graph for ST and delete anything related to the My Neurio including the Devie Objects, DeviceType and SmartApps?

Thank you sir!

@shackrock, do you see the device and appliances in the IDE, but not in Things?

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list

If so, removing them and re-installing them will not change anything.

I don’t understand how this can happen.

First, maybe, just kill your ST app and reload it again.

Otherwise, you may want to contact ST support. This probably is an UI issue.
Regards.

EDIT: if you do not see the Neur.io objects in the IDE, then, you do not need to remove and re-install, just execute MyNeurioServiceMgr.

Hi Yves, thanks for helping!

You are correct, I do not see the Neurio device in the IDE at all, only the appliances.

I’ve got live logging running and see these errors:

418c90fc-9853-427e-a152-01c5114123b4  10:10:07 AM: debug MyNeurioServiceMgr>too many exceptions/errors or unauthorized exception, (19 errors), need to re-login at Neurio...
418c90fc-9853-427e-a152-01c5114123b4  10:10:07 AM: error MyNeurioServiceMgr>too many exceptions/errors or unauthorized exception, (19 errors), need to re-login at Neurio...
418c90fc-9853-427e-a152-01c5114123b4  10:10:07 AM: error MyNeurioServiceMgr>exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method poll() on null object while trying to poll the device null, exceptionCount= 19

I decided to re-run the SmartApp for Neurio based on your suggestion, and wala, it shows up. Must have been a temporary issue with the login/handshake from Neurio’s cloud to ST. Works like a champ now.

Thank you sir!

I had the same thing occur after updating to the latest and greatest the other day. I ended up having to blow everything out and when I went to re-create, only my 1 appliance came through. I then had to run setup a second time for the main Neurio device to show up. I didn’t think much of it until I read that you had the same thing happen.

Hi,

As my Neur.io device took hundreds of hours of development & testing, please take note that the code is now only
available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/#!store/tc3yr

Regards.

EDIT: The Android UI bug is fixed now. All the appliances can be safely loaded into the ST App without any issue.

Hi,

Today I made some changes to the Neurio integration to SmartThings following some ST backend changes that caused some invalid cast exceptions.

All my Neurio contributors will receive the new code with the required fixes.

Regards.

@yvesracine I cannot get your app to work. after clicking on the auth link, it just returns the json {"error": true, "type": "AccessDenied","message:"This request is not authorized by the specified access token"}

H @zcspencer,

Could you turn on live logging and send me the logs for MyNeurioServiceMgr to services@maisonsecomatiq.com?

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs

I just tried on my end and it works fine.

• Are you sure that you entered the right Neurio credentials?

Regards.

Fixes:

If anyone has any issues with this app, check what shard you are on. This is what I had to do to fix it.

edit the bottom of the MyNeurioServiceMgr and change this:

//Not able to use getApiServerUrl: need to contact Neurio support about it
//def getServerUrl() { return getApiServerUrl()  }

def getServerUrl() { return "https://graph.api.smartthings.com" }

to this:

//Not able to use getApiServerUrl: need to contact Neurio support about it
def getServerUrl() { return getApiServerUrl()  }

// def getServerUrl() { return "https://graph.api.smartthings.com" }

and if you are on the graph-na02 shard like me the redirect url in neurio is now wrong, you will need to change these values to your own neurio oauth values.
Go and register a new app at my.nerio, make sure the callback url is set to https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com

def getSmartThingsClientId() { <redacted> }  // <-- change to your Neurio Application Client ID

def getSmartThingsPrivateKey() {  <redacted> } // <-- change to your Neurio Application Client Secret

Just what you forgot to mention is that I guided you to the solution.