[REMOVED] Nest Manager

So when is 2.0 coming. I already do this with three switches. >75 summer <62 Winter and in between nowinsum. Works great and have to use a outside temp and virtual weather for the temp since they dont provide updates often. I also shut everything down with the sliding doors are open

1 Like

hopefully this week. It will definitely cover all of those scenarios.

I installed this App under SmartApps and it says successful but nothing seems to change. I can’t find the Nest thermostat under Things or Rooms. OAuth is true.

If I’m ready correctly it doesn’t sound like you read the getting started part of the readme

Install the device handlers?

Try this. There is currently an issue installing smartapps for some users. This fixed it for me.

2 Likes

It is installed now. I had to install the device handles. The getting started readme says go to My Device Types, not My Device Handlers

I will correct that :slight_smile:

How many of you are currently using Remote Sensors with their Thermostat?

me I am me

1 Like

Do you mean remote temperature sensors, or does Remote Sensors (capitalized) mean some smartapp/feature?

All of my temperature sensors are SmartThings multipurpose and motion sensors, which are either placed on doors or near the ceiling, which are not accurate temperature sensing locations.

My use case just involves routines to change temperature (morning and night) and geolocation to set home/away status.

Thanks for your feedback. I’m just trying to get some feedback on this upcoming feature.

I am currently using a remote sensor in the Keenect app together with Nest. If you include this functionality in the Nest app I may re-configure my setup to be even more accurate.

I use a bunch of remote temperature sensors - the perks of many door, motion and moisture sensors including the temperature means I have tons of temperature data points all over my house =)

I have a bunch of motion ST motion sensors around the house. The main reason apart from light control was to gain a picture of the temperature in all rooms and hopefully integrate that info into Nest.

Do the St motion sensors work well?

Honestly don’t know. I have Aeon and Iris Motion Sensors.

If you just need motion and temp the IRIS-Centralite (Lowes) sensors are fantastic

1 Like

Yes they do the job. One thing to note though is when you first install they default to a Cloud hosted device so you should change them to be local hosted via the IDE.

Sorry for my ignorance. How do I make the ST motion sensor “Local hosted via the IDE”

Best wishes.

It’s all based on the device handler used. If a custom one it will only run in the cloud. If its a published device handler it’s likely to support local