[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

###This SmartApp and Device Handlers are Outdated

Please follow the link below to the newest version:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-nst-manager-v5-0/?source_topic_id=60052
26 Likes

Is this Beta? I see it says Release but in the body you mentioned it’s beta. Just confirming.

1 Like

Yeah I can see how that would be confusing. No it’s a release but it’s using a beta version of the ST platforms new http async which will help to reduce some of the strain Nest Manager places on the platform.

Anyone else getting a permissions error when creating more than one schedule?

I’m not sure I’ve seen that issue before. Can you watch the logs in the ide while you try to create a second automation?

Ensure after you edit settings in automations you hit “Done” to return out of Nest Manager. Hitting back (<) will not cause all the parameters to be saved and updates applied…

Hmmm, if it’s using any beta component, especially from ST nonetheless, I’d consider the entire thing Beta :slight_smile:

I found the issue. It wasn’t caused by creating multiple schedules but it was when adding a remote sensor to the schedule. One specific sensor was giving an error when it was added to any schedule. I removed and re-added the sensor to smartthings and it is working ok now.

Now to figure out why the weather tile isn’t working :slight_smile:

Not sure if this helps:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.DeviceTypeExecutorBase$_closure5.doCall() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException) values: [getWeatherHTML Exception:, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.DeviceTypeExecutorBase$_closure5.doCall() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException) values: [getWeatherIcon Exception:, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.DeviceTypeExecutorBase$_closure5.doCall() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.SecurityException) values: [getImageBase64 Exception:, java.lang.SecurityException: Endpoint null is blacklisted.]
Possible solutions: doCall(), doCall(java.lang.Object), call(), call([Ljava.lang.Object;), call(java.lang.Object), findAll()]
Possible solutions: doCall(), doCall(java.lang.Object), call(), call([Ljava.lang.Object;), call(java.lang.Object), findAll()]
Possible solutions: doCall(), doCall(java.lang.Object), call(), call([Ljava.lang.Object;), call(java.lang.Object), findAll() @ line 1459

That looks to be a platform issue. It’s not getting the image URLs from the Wunderground api

Just updated to 4.0 and have no access to my nest cam or protect… I didn’t update the device handlers because I couldn’t find the code and didn’t know if they were updated or not, but oauth was enabled in nest manager and I went into the home.nest.com page and enabled public sharing… do I need to copy and past that public link somewhere?

Error: Device Handlers are likely Missing Or Not Published. Please verify all device handlers are present before continuing.
This only seems to be effecting the Nest Cameras. Any Ideas?

You do need to update the device types with this upgrade. Please do update them. In the instructions it asks you to do the dth first before update Nest Manager SmartApp

Please do install / update the device types. Ensure they are saved and published

I have a question about the remote sensor again. It looks mostly the same as before except before I could say to only use the remote sensor in certain modes. I followed the jump to use the schedule function to set up those exceptions. So I have one schedule set up that has Temp Set Points because I couldn’t enable it without them and an Alternate Remote Sensor. This seems kinda confusing since I set up the Remote Sensor with the set point I wanted. Am I going about this right?

It does look like the issue I was having with the Tstat modes in the last version has gone away using this version so that is very cool.

Actually, the Tstat mode isn’t working as I expected. I just switched modes to one that the Remote Sensor should be the driver and then switched back. The thermostat that isn’t tied to a remote sensor changed set points based on the mode perfectly. The one that is tied to a remote didn’t. I can see in the View Schedule Data area that the schedule that the schedule associated with the Remote Sensor is Not In Use and the Home schedule that is tied to the Home mode is in use, but it didn’t change the set-points.

1 Like

Yes, but are there links to these updated device handlers so I could copy the code?

Nice work. I’m guessing you can’t use nest protects as a presence device ? Without the thermostat?

What if, you’re a massive idiot and didn’t follow your instructions…

I updated everything on the IDE without realising this was a major update that needed specific instructions. Specifically I didn’t delete any of the existing automations first. The mode change one still works fine but the fan one broke, I deleted it and re-added it successfully but should I delete the mode change one regardless as well?

Then you restore this code and remove the automations and then update again :slight_smile:
https://github.com/tonesto7/nest-manager/tree/version_3.1