[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

I did a lot of testing/faffing so I’m going to wait a couple of hours not touching it to see if I’ve just broken it.

Also want to make sure my Auto Away triggers work!

Decided to just do a complete reinstall which has fixed the issues I was having. If you need the logs Eric let me know how and I’ll send them to you.

Thank you! This is now doing everything I want my as far as integrating my Nestcams into my ST system. This is what I love about this community.

1 Like

I’m getting closer to what I want, but how do I get CoRe to change the thermostat from eco to heat?
Changing it in and out of away is great, but sometimes I end up Home but stuck in Eco and can’t work out how to change apart from running changeMode twice!

CoRE can set the standard thermostatMode attribute for thermostats (see ST doc capabilities)
to set the system out of eco (to auto, cool, heat)

For CoRE to set into eco(), a custom command in CoRE is needed.

See docs:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Nest_Manager

and specifically:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Nest_Manager#Nest_.28Eco.29_Thermostat_Mode

Ive actually found that in Core going from eco to heat doesn’t work! It doesn’t trigger Nest Manager to do anything.
I’ve set up a piston to go off then Heat and it seems to work!

1 Like

I’ve found the same. Once in eco CoRE does not seem to be able to get nest to return to heat without going to off first.

See the docs

(hint, turn off command optimization for the core piston)

Anyone know where the link to the code is for this?

See docs:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Nest_Manager

Thank you! @E_Sch

Seems the device health option broke all my devices… I couldn’t get into the automations to make any changes… and I kept getting an error that I was not authorized to make updates to devices…

Thanks and sorry! I had read the bits of the manual i thought i needed, but missed that bit. Everything stated makes sense and all seems to be working now.

Sorry to yet ask again on this particular topic.

I’m trying to schedule my home furnace fan to come on overnight for air circulation. No matter what I’ve tried with either CoRE or with Nest Manager, it simple will not work. In Nest Manager automatons when I set the Fan Circulation (rule) to “Circulate(Fan)” and press DONE (first image below) it looks fine. When I continue with DONE, Fan Control Config indicates “Fan Circulation Rule (unknown)”… which I find unusual since it was set to Circulate(Fan) (see second image below).

Surely other have this working?

Any advice would be much appreciated. This is an excellent tool and I’d like to get the most of it if I can somehow get over this hurdle.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t figure out the update but I forgot to check the device type not just smart apps! All Fixed!

1 Like

In addition to using this for my Nest Protect units, I’m using the additional Nest Weather device to do some temperature and lux tracking (until I get a physical sensor for these). I’ve written my own SmartApp to do notifications and various actions, and one is triggered by the outdoor temperature crossing a low or high temperature threshold. In order to better handle temperature variations, I also pull the prior two temperatures reported from the device event history like so:

def outdoorTemperatureHandler(evt)
{
    def recentTempEvents = evt.device.events ()?.findAll { it.name == "temperature" }
    def lastTemp = (recentTempEvents && (recentTempEvents.size () > 1)) ? recentTempEvents[1].integerValue : -1
    def prevTemp = (recentTempEvents && (recentTempEvents.size () > 2)) ? recentTempEvents[2].integerValue : -1

logTrace "Last outdoor temperatures from $evt.displayName: $evt.value, $lastTemp, $prevTemp"

// ... more code here ...
}

The issue is this; sometimes I actually get the prior value from recentTempEvents[1]. But, more often than not, both lastTemp and prevTemp wind up evaluating to -1. Does the Nest Weather device not keep an event history? Is this something the device must keep, or is it supposed to be handled by the ST hub itself? Thanks in advance.

How do we update using GitHub?

Click Settings on the My Device Handlers screen
Click Add New Repository

Owner: tonesto7
Name: nest-manager

Click Save
Click Update from Repo

Select in the left column the Nest Manager DTH you want to connect to GitHub
Check the Publish box in the bottom right corner
Click Execute Update

I have this setup already, do I need to add a New repository just for a
Nest Manager update?

Best Regards

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. If you received this e-mail
in error, please do not use, copy or distribute it, but advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately, and delete the e-mail.

History is a ST platform thing. You would likely do better to store old values yourself, as I have found it to timeout a lot in the platform query.