[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

OK, I will try to start over… when I tried the uninstall from within the app I get an unexpected error. How do I manually reset everything back to where it’s safe to reinstall?

I was able to remove a few apps that were using the nest manager devices and the uninstall went through, however now after reinstalling I’m back to having issues with the Nest API. Can someone please help me troubleshoot?

Sorry your having issues.

Can you watch the logs for other items and pm them to me

Eric has been working on it behind the scenes. If you disable Watchdog at least the notifications stop.

@bartdyer
There is a option under the SmartApp > Automations > expand the Advanced Options section > Global Automation Prefs > expand the reset all comfort and safety temps > clear comfort and safety temps.

When it’s finished you can go back in to the global preferences and customize the settings if you wish but the issue you are currently seeing will be gone.

I did that and I still get the warnings. Odd thing is, when I tap + to show it still shows that I have Safety Temps set. When I Tap to Modify there are no values entered but those values still show up grey. When I tapped to clear I did keep hitting done until I was exited and it said the app settings where updated.

Android or iOS client?

Hello Guys Im new to the nest app, just a few questions… I have just installed the nest manager app on ST, are there a list of things that I need to turn off on the official nest app.

I want to be able to use my phone and my wife phone as a presence device so when we both leave the house switches to eco, but when we arrive it returns to the leaned schedules.

Also id like to know are there other automations I should Know of. I also realized when I change the temp on smart things sometimes its unresponsive or has this massive delay to I actually never really know what the temps are till after a few min.

Thanks community for what you guys do. t

you have to log into your Nest account on your PC and select the cameras to share public (no password) to see live streaming or it will only take snap shots. Disappointing and not very secure that you can not use added password protection but atleast now my Nest is integrated with my SmartThings which was annoying me along with the limitations of Nest. If I wanted limitations I would use Apple.
You may have to stop and restart ST app or it may just take a few minutes.
I had an issue where 1 camera was fine and the other would not connect.
I had to actually remove the camera that would not connect from ST app and then rerun the Nest Manager in my apps to reinstall it. Then it worked fine.

No more disappointed than myself. I will look into using the password protected stream. I had to make compromises just to get the device to have a semi native experience with smartthings.

1 Like

Sorry that came out wrong more my disappointment with Nest.
Also didn’t even realize Nest had taken out the automatic temperature adjusted humidity control until I saw it posted in this forum. I was wondering why I was getting water on my windows after I hooked up the furance humidifier to the Nest.
(temperature changes rapidly here)

I appreciate all your hard work.
Well worth the donation
Thank you

Anyone seen the following error? Could the timeout cause all of the Nest API Issues Detected that follow?

1:29:36 PM: warn ||Nest Manager | Nest API Issues Detected (Fri Feb 10 13:29:36 EST 2017)
1:29:36 PM: error |Nest Manager | processResponse | Received Response… | (Status: null | Error: Failed to complete. Message was: Read timeout to developer-api.nest.com/107.20.175.111:443 of 20000 ms)

It’s not just you. I’ve been tracking the issue and confirmed with ST’s engineers it’s not the platform. Looks like Nest is having intermittent issues.

Android on my end.

Also, I just started getting:

10:45:21 AM: warn ||Nest API Issues Detected (Sat Feb 11 10:45:21 EST 2017)
10:45:21 AM: info ||| No Device or Structure poll - Devices Last Updated: 83 seconds ago | Structures Last Updated 83 seconds ago
10:45:21 AM: error |nestResponse | Received Response… | (Status: 404 | Error: Failed with status code 404)

Actually looks like I have been getting for a bit.

I’m looking in the Nest app and it does show NST Manager as authorized without issue. I get that it is likely an issue on Nest’s end, but any idea how to unstick it? Maybe unlink and relink? Or reinstall NM? I’d rather not have to re-enter all of my schedules, etc., because they were working pretty well, but if they don’t work at all then so be it. The log for the actual Nest device in the IDE has no entries…

I’m operating in Celsius but the sliders in the nest thermostat appear to bottom out at 32 regardless of units… 32 C is pretty warm for a thermostat.

Any chance there can be a setting for slider customization?

You really should remove the logs in the forum. They contain your token.

In regards to the error you we’re seeing yesterday they appear to be happening to everybody. But seem to have resolved themselves by the evening time.

Unfortunately this is not an easy issue to resolve we are planning on creating two device handlers one was Celsius and one with Fahrenheit to try and resolve this issue

Thanks! I had no idea…

I’m still getting the 404 error. Should I assume its going to basically fix itself at some point?