[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

I have not had this issue exactly, but I turned on change notifications and I will occasionally get a notification that nest has been changed to home even though I have been home all day and nothing has changed my smartthings mode.

I made a special “heading home” mode that counts as away for most of my ST automations, but counts as a home mode in NM.

I have been using Nest Manager since the beginning. Recently, I started getting 2 notifications for nest mode automation. Is this intended with the new update since I have 2 nests?

would need to see the notifications, IDE logs.

You may want to send us a private message to discuss/review

Sounds like the best option. Trying to remember to manually change code after an update is difficult with 100+ DTH’s and SmartApps. Too bad this couldn’t have been easier, now two different sets of code you’ll need to maintain
 would be easier for the end user however.

Thanks

Same here. Looks like it’s related to the new automations in Nest Manager. Getting notifications constantly that the thermostat is not in ECO mode or switching to auto-away/away/home without my authorisation. I disabled all automations and now things are working like they did before. Perhaps it would be best to have these new automations disabled by default @tonesto7? This is a pretty big change in the newer versions and was trying to figure out why I was getting all these notifications and automations taking place and isolated it to Nest Manger.

If you are disabling all notifications, ensure you do this in the Nest Mode automation - this is where the notification setting is enabled/disabled.

APP KEEPS CRASHING
I have everything updated and setup correctly it seems but every time I load the device Nest Thermostat
 it looks like it’s about to load and then the Smartthings app crashes. When I load it back up it shows a crash report notification at the top. On iOS 10.3 beta 1.

Device Type Version: 4.5.1
Nest Manager App: 4.5.2

To my surprise, even with all automations disabled, my Nest was placed in “Auto-away” mode last night. I have Auto-away completely turned off as I find the feature buggy and use Core pistons to control me thermostat which always stays in “Home” mode. I thought this was fixed after turning off (disabling) all Nest automations but this is not the case. I don’t even have the presence DTH installed. Is there anything I can provide to find out why this is happening and how to fix it?

auto away is a nest ism
may need to talk to nest support

I keep getting the message “nest home away mode is away and thermostat is not in eco mode”. This mostly occurs when away but just started doing it in stay.

If I go into the ST app or nest app, both show that it is in fact set to eco mode.

I have tried resetting the thermostat, uninstalling and reinstalling the DTH AND smart app and nothing has solved this. It started doing it about a week ago.

ETA:. I found the setting within the smart app to turn off this notification. Still, I don’t know why I would be getting the notification in the first place seeing as that it is in eco mode.

Did you resolve the safety temp exceeded issue? Mi E started this morning and fires a notification that one of my nests has exceeded every 15 minutes. I have tried everything and can’t make it stop throwing this message.

It’s a problem on Nest’s end. I have these same issues with their Auto away assist, even though I have it completely disabled on my nest account.

All that nest support can offer is “log out all of your mobile devices, restart all of your nest thermostats, and log back in with your mobile devices.”

I haven’t tried that yet because I have been traveling for work. But I guess it can’t hurt. I don’t believe it will fix it either.

Is it possible having the presence DTH not installed that can be the cause? I have never seen this and hope that I don’t.

[/quote][quote=“NorCalLights, post:729, topic:60052”]
I don’t even have the presence DTH installed.
[/quote]

No, because the problems with Nest’s Auto away assist persists even if you uninstall Nest manager completely

2 Likes

Wow, that is crazy. I have all gen 1’s with no issues. Very happy!

First of all thank you to everyone who has contributed to this app. It has made my life easy as a non programmer attempting to piece together a smart house.

I recently installed an Iris contact sensor in my bedroom to use as a remote temperature sensor since my entire floor is a single zone. The sensor works, the schedules work great, and the only issue I’m having is using it as a virtual thermostat.

When I set up the automation I selected the Iris sensor as the default thermostat and did not select any other thermostats. Within the automation screen it shows the correct temperature reading off the sensor, but on the SmartThings main app screen under Things that virtual thermostat is showing the temp of the actual Nest and not from the sensor.

Currently my nest is reading 65, the remote sensor is reading 69, but the virtual thermostat says 65. What am I missing?

|Nest API Issues Detected]

At some point last night my connection to the Nest API was broken and the rooms got very hot because it got stuck on a heating cycle. The Live Logging shows |nestResponse | Received Response
 | (Status: 404 | Error: Failed with status code 404). Can anyone please help me troubleshoot what is going on? I tried to reset the Nest Token but it didn’t seem to help.

Update 11AM - Now shows Nest Location: null (null) on home screen and devices and automations missing

Sounds like some sort of API issue. Nest Manager would have zero effect on your Room getting hot. If it couldn’t communicate it couldn’t make changes so the thermostat shouldn’t have heated beyond its setpoints

You shouldn’t have immediately reset your token because a 404 error means remote site not found so something was happening with nest. You might need to remove your apps and devices to start over