[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

In the thermostat DTH.

It is around line 244

1 Like

Loving the 4.5.1 update! Any plans to add humidity control? I feel like this is the largest missing control for us that live in colder climates. The Nest 3.0 no longer adjustā€™s the humidity setting based on the outside temperature, and Nest Manager could be the perfect fix! An automation based on outdoor temperature ranges mapped automate humidity control would eliminate changing the setting every time the temp swings.

Hereā€™s a chart for generic guidelines: http://www.livingwithmyhome.com/201-home-tips/pillar-to-post-central-humidifier.aspx

Basic rule is as it gets colder you need to reduce the humidity to avoid condensation on windows and stuff. Going overboard with humidifying in the cold can facilitate mold growth.

Issues. Getting this notification nonstop. Missing automations and the location is null.

Had to do a full uninstall and start over.

Do I need to acknowledge a Protect test simulation somewhere to get the reminder push notifications to stop? I ran a simulated test last night (for the first time) and have gotten reminders ever since. Iā€™ve cleared the test from within NM and unticked that Protect but they still keep coming.

You need to acknowledge it on the dashboard tab of SmartThings otherwise youā€™ll get a notification every hour.

1 Like

Thanks @trotsky40
That did it!

1 Like

Hi everyone, new ST user, very new Nest Manager user. I was able to successfully install Nest Manager SmartApp, Device Handlers, and now have found all my devices. However, when I click into my cameras and try to stream, I consistently get the message, ā€œCamera cannot be found. We are trying to connect.ā€

Am I doing something wrong?

FWIW, Iā€™m using version 4.5 of Nest Manager. All my cameras are previous Dropcam Pro models.

Thank you!

it should eventually start working. Itā€™s just a side effect of the media player in the SmartThings client in iOS.

Iā€™m getting a Safety Temp exceeded warning very often but also sporadically. It will be every couple minutes then stop for a while. My temps are not over the safety values set. I had my network go down for a little bit this morning and it has been doing it since then.

ad10ebb0-6f9b-4a17-8611-bc289f224535 9:26:45 PM: trace ||Nest Location Home Watchdog | watchDogCheck: | Thermostat: Upstairs Nest Temp Exceeded: true
ad10ebb0-6f9b-4a17-8611-bc289f224535 9:26:45 PM: trace ||Nest Location Home Watchdog | watchDogAlarmActions() | Safety Temp exceeded on Upstairs Nest.
ad10ebb0-6f9b-4a17-8611-bc289f224535 9:26:08 PM: trace ||Nest Location Home Watchdog | Event | temperature: From Upstairs Nest - Value is (71)

I currently have the Upstairs Safety Temp set to 76 under the general automation so Iā€™m not sure why it is going off at 71. Did it just get hung up somehow?

Ok, that worked. Too bad this canā€™t be automated because I need to manually change the code (and remember to do it) after every update to the DTH. Anyway, thanks for the direction/clarification

It is an unfortunate oversite in the ST platform.

Would it be easier for your if we have C thermostat (and likely weather device) and an F version? (so you donā€™t have to edit, you just install the one you want?)

1 Like

Hi guys, hope youā€™re well and keeping busy. first off, great job @tonesto7 . Secondly, please excuse my lengthy comments

I installed V4,4.2 on the 17th and everything seemed to be working fine, with the exception of the Nest camera which has never streamed even though I made it public via nest website. As of 2 days ago, nothing has been working.
i- The thermostat is stuck at 18C, even though my nest unit is set much higher, nor can I adjust the temps.
ii- The Camera still doesnā€™t work and always displays ā€œStreamingā€ on My Home but when I select it for more details it gives me the message ā€œwaiting to connectā€ (or something like that).
iii- Presence was set to Away even though Nest (or My Phone) shows Home
iv- I doubt the weather is right either but thatā€™s probably least of my concerns.

So then I noticed an upgrade was available (V4.5.2). I went through the steps by publishing the new Update for My Smartapps and My Device Handlers. That didnā€™t do anything. Next I noticed that the My SmartApps was showing ā€œtrueā€ for OAuth but My Device Handlers were not.

1- But I have no idea where to set the OAuth for my devices to true. The Edit Properties icon that shows up to the left of My SmartApps is not there on the Device Handlers page. I even forgot how I did it the first time around but im certain I did
2- To confirm, did things stop working because I needed to do the update? If that is the case, then I guess #1 will solve my issues
3- How to get the camera going because it wasnā€™t working the first time I installed it either.
4- UPDATED: When i set up my Routines in ST, Camera shows up as one of my Lights (note i have 6 GE Smart Dimmers). is that normal?

Thank you for the time. Iā€™ll keep trying to get it going but any response is appreciated.

Sal

+++UPDATED (Feb 1st).

was able to upgrade to latest version therefore No.1 above is resolved. but nothing still syncs with my Nest.
any ideas?

Today, I was trying to update to the latest version but in the end I had to to a full uinstal/install. Now after deleting the old key from Nest account Nest Manager complains about not being able to authenticate (basically establish the trust with Works With Nest after putting my password in). Is the Nest Manager key still limited to 1000 logins? Is that why this is happening?

Thanks!

Sorry you were having problems ST had a pretty serious bug that caused the database to be slammed and basically everything stopped working. I wonder if this is when you were having issues.

There is no token limitation at the moment as Iā€™m in review with nest

Most likely it was at the same time. I just deleted everything again. Is it safe to try now?

Thanks!

yea everything seems to have stabilized

Yep! All worked just fine now :slight_smile: Thanks again!

How do I preheat my house?

I use the Nest Manager to set my nest to Away (eco mode) when my ST mode is away (trigger by phone geofence). However, when I leave work and go into my nest app and turn off eco mode (or even into ST and turn my nest nest presence device to present) after a few minutes the Nsst Manager automation switches it to away and back into eco mode. How do make is so if the nest mode is manually changed, it stays that way?

Thanks very much for all your help!

It would good to see ā€œwhat is turningā€ the system back to eco. Nest Mode should only do this based on ST mode change, and if it did not change, it should remain in your setting from the nest app.

You should get IDE logs so we can see what is exactly happening when you are away and use the nest app to set eco -> running.

Donā€™t post IDE logs here, but in a private message to us.