[RELEASE] Neo Coolcam Power Plug

A great feature for this device would be the ability to lock or enable/disable the button in the smartthings app to avoid accidental button pushes. Is that doable? Thanks for a great device handler.

Same thing here, no resolution so far. I think it it only on the newer models so maybe something changed with them. I am not good with DHs but I will try to take a look these days as otherwise I will need to change plugs.

I have tested only Fibaro wally but not for extended period of time so I cannot guarantee how good it works.

Put // in front of lines 296-299 and 305-308

1 Like

If ST reports it offline, but you can still control it through the mobile app then that’s something I can probably fix in the DTH, but if you have to actually unplug it and plug it back in then that’s a problem with the device.

I believe some people that reported this problem moved the device to a different location and that fixed the problem so it could be a signal problem.

Thanks for the info. I guess the new version of the plug is faulty then (Mine are from January 2019.) :frowning: The original ones that I bought work without such issues(from October 2018)… Anyone that has bought the recently to share his experience?

hey, I brought one of these plug recently and had same problems listed above; like 10 of them showed not in sync. Tried all different ways to fix. Finally I gave up and excluded device from hub; but did not delete the device handler. Then when I included the device everything seemed working; it picked the new device handler and all parms are synced now.

One thing am yet to get right is that, even if the plug is removed from socket for hrs it still shows online with last status. Due to this I am not able to check the status for a webcore logic to trigger google assistant relay. Any way to poll/update the status force fully?

Did it automatically assign the custom handler?

What firmware version does it show?

Yes, It automatically applied the custom handler.

zw:L type:1001 mfr:0258 prod:0003 model:0087 ver:3.96 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,72,86,85,59,5A,73,70,25,27,71,32,20 role:05 ff:8700 ui:8700

Is this you are asking?

I’m also having this problem. The plug is showing offline. I can’t control it via app. But it does respond to automations it gets on and off according to my defined triggers. In addition to that, near by there are 2 fibaro (3 meters ) roller shutter module that works with no problems. I believe they also serve as Z-WAVE repeaters. So signal should be OK.
You said that you can fix the DTH. I will be happy to check a new version.

Are you using the new mobile app or classic?

If automations can control it then it’s not a signal problem…

If the problem is happening in the new mobile app then insert the following between lines 46 and 47. I’m not sure if it will fix the problem, but it can’t hurt…

ocfDeviceType: "oic.d.smartplug",

I’m using classic app

That’s good news. still no information is shown in classic app which is strange.

I’m using classic app, do you think that I need to add this line ?

Double check the “Type” field to make sure it’s set to my DTH. It should be near the bottom of the list.

No

Good morning. Why is energy consumption always 0 Kw ?

That’s an accumulative number so what do you have plugged into it.

I used initially 1.0.2 handler for Dome plug with Neo. There were no handler for Neo at the time. I turned off physical button access.
Few days ago Neo plug became “Inactive”. I did power cycle and it showed as “Neo Coolcam Outlet” local device but with different Network ID. It preserved however power consumption number but button no longer works to enter exclusion/inclusion or perform factory reset.
Did Samsung or some hacker messed my plug?

The setting for disabling the physical button doesn’t disable the button entirely, it just prevents the button from turning the outlet on/off so that wouldn’t impact inclusion, exclusion, or factory resetting the device.

If someone hacked your ST account they could put the hub into inclusion/exclusion mode, but I don’t think it’s possible to put a z-wave device into inclusion/exclusion mode without having physical access to the device.

If the device was somehow excluded/reset and you plugged it back in while the hub was in inclusion mode then it would get re-joined as a new device, with the built-in handler, and a different device network id, but I can’t think of any other logical explanation for what happened…

If the device is still unresponsive then force remove it from ST. Unplug it for 30 seconds, factory reset it, and then try joining it again. If that doesn’t work and if the LED doesn’t do anything when you plug it in then your device might be bad and you’ll probably have to contact the manufacturer.

Before contacting them you should probably plug something else into that wall outlet to rule out an electrical issue.

Hi, I have the same problem you mentioned in the post. Please could you share the final DH please?

Yeah I know, “triple click” has nothing with the setting. I would blame firmware, there are youtube videos “neo plug defective” showing similar problem with built-in handlers.
Sadly manufcturer does not care about firmware fix. Even during warranty he offered no support, he only wanted to know where to copy your handler from.

The link is in the first post of this topic…