SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Neo Coolcam Power Plug

dth_lighting
dth_powermeter
dth_pocketsocket
dth_outlet

OK, thank you.
I will be happy to test the updated device handler.

Cheers

0 Likes

This energy reading seems to be something more complicated. I have another device here, a Qubino Flush 2 Relays behaving exactly in the same manner. Not sure what’s going on.

0 Likes

(Castro) #39

Thanks for your interest in this situation. :blush:
I’ll be waiting for news from you, @krlaframboise

Cheers

0 Likes

Did you guys have any luck contacting neosz? They simply do not respond me!

0 Likes

(Kevin) #41

They responded saying they forwarded it to their engineer, but I’ll follow up tonight because it shouldn’t be this difficult to get an updated manual.

0 Likes

This already explains a lot about the company :smiley: Thanks Kevin.

1 Like

(Kevin) #43

My contact is still looking into it and should have answers soon.

0 Likes

(Kevin) #45

Neo has confirmed that there is a new model with different settings, but the engineer was out this week so they won’t be able to provide the specs until next week.

0 Likes

Lacking some product management skills :slight_smile: put a new product out of the door without manual and support is OOO :smiley:

THanks for the feedback Kevin!

0 Likes

(Amin) #47

Thanks @krlaframboise
Can you ask the settings for the EU version too?
NEO COOLCAM NAS-WR01ZE Z-wave Plus Smart Power Plug EU Socket Smart Home Automation Alarm System home

0 Likes

(Kevin) #48

The EU version is the one that I contacted them about and I’ll hopefully have the new settings early next week.

0 Likes

(Phil) #49

Hi,
I have received the newest manual from the seller, I have not checked if it actually matches to what I saw from z-wave tweaker, but have attached the config pages below.
I will DM you the pdf (if I am allowed for info) if required.

0 Likes

(Kevin) #50

Sorry, i forgot to mention that I received it a couple of days ago, but I haven’t had time to work on the DTH yet. I should have the new version posted this weekend.

1 Like

(Phil) #51

Brilliant thanks

0 Likes

@krlaframboise, thank you for your effort.

0 Likes

This manual is almost the same of the previous one but added parameter 12. Did you make any mistake with screenshot files?

0 Likes

(Phil) #54

Hey, I don’t think so, but have included less screenshots of the entire file (you will need to zoom in)

0 Likes

If you check your z-tweaker closely you will find the parameters and acceptable ranges wont match. Its the same manual I have.

0 Likes

(Kevin) #56

The manual they sent me is completely different so I’ll be able to fix all the settings this weekend…

0 Likes

(Kevin) #57

Neo Coolcam Power Plug v1.2

WARNING: After upgrading to this version all settings will revert back to their default values.

Neo released a new model of the device which has the same configuration parameters, but every parameter number changed and so did some of their options.

The setting names in the original version included the parameter number, but when the device settings screen is opened the device’s state, data and attributes are all null so there’s no way to determine the device’s model. Since it can’t determine which parameter numbers to use for each setting I had to change the setting names and that’s why they’ll revert back to their default values after upgrading.

The Android app will show the old values at the bottom of the settings screen without labels, but if you clear them they won’t be shown the next time the settings screen is opened.

The changelog section at the top of the code has the complete list of changes I had to make to get it to work with both models.

I need someone with the new model to test it and let me know if they run into any problems because Neo currently only has an EU version of the new model.

0 Likes