[OBSOLETE] Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor (NAS-PD01ZU-T)

Hello I have notice that there is a lag, 1 second, since I move frying of the sensor and the sensor send the command to smartthing, can I reduce this time?

Thanks.

Custom DTHs can’t execute locally so it might respond a little bit faster if you use one of the built-in handlers instead.

It’s also possible that the event is getting created quickly and it’s just the mobile app that’s taking longer to refresh. If that’s the case then your automations might not have that delay.

This is one of the faster z-wave devices for reporting motion, but it’s still won’t be as fast as most zigbee motion sensors…

Halo, lot of thanks, I have test it with didn’t really too, since I move the shelly take this time, I will try to pair out without dh, pairing out directing with smartthing neocoolcam…

Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for the great device handlers @krlaframboise
Are you able to add the ability to change the “Primary status”
Thanks!

I’ve made the primary status dynamic in some of my handlers, but it’s not a simple change so I won’t be doing that for this handler.

Hardcoding the change is simple so if you want temperature displayed there instead of motion then all you need to do is replace:

tileAttribute("device.motion", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") {
	attributeState("active", label:'MOTION', icon:"st.motion.motion.active", backgroundColor:"#00A0DC")
	attributeState("inactive", label:'NO MOTION', icon:"st.motion.motion.inactive", backgroundColor:"#CCCCCC")
}

with:

tileAttribute("device.temperature", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") {
	attributeState("temperature", label:'${currentValue}°', backgroundColors:[
			[value: 31, color: "#153591"],
			[value: 44, color: "#1e9cbb"],
			[value: 59, color: "#90d2a7"],
			[value: 74, color: "#44b621"],
			[value: 84, color: "#f1d801"],
			[value: 95, color: "#d04e00"],
			[value: 96, color: "#bc2323"]
	]
}

@krlaframboise Thanks for the reply.
I will try it out.
Happy New Year!

Hope someone can help, just got one of these and using this handler (my device: zw:S type:0701 mfr:0258 prod:0003 model:1083 ver:3.80 zwv:4.38 lib:06 cc:5E,86,72,5A,73,80,31,71,30,70,85,59,84 role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07)

It seems to be working perfectly with 2 minor issues, I cannot disable the LED, it flashes when there is motion even if its disabled in settings, is there a way to fix this? Other problem is that the icon shows up as a door/window sensor and not the icon of a motion sensor, can this be changed?

Thanks in advance

Did you open the device’s cover and push the button to wake it up after you changed that setting?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in replying

I have tried this and still the LED flashes…

I am going to try and be a bit more helpful

I have attached a picture of my device

I have now also installed smartthings classic and this shows 3 pending changes, I have forced it to sync but it stays stuck on 3 pending changes

Also this is the errors in live logging:

Unable to parse description: zw device: 15, command: 7006, payload: 0C 00
Exception ‘java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 3’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 7006, payload: 0C 00’

Unable to parse description: zw device: 15, command: 7006, payload: 0B 00
Exception ‘java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 3’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 7006, payload: 0B 00’

I hope you can help fix this

I fixed it!

Lots of google searches and checking for the instructions that came with my unit I discovered it is slightly different than your sensor

Turns out mine doesn’t have a parameter for “Temperature Reporting Threshold” or “Suppress Duplicate Motion Events” so I removed both of these completely from the device handler then it also turns out that the LED is enabled and disabled using parameter 10 not 11 so I changed it on the device handler, saved and syned up the changes and now the motion sensor is showing as synced and the LED is off!!

I am very please, thank you for your DTH it got me there in the end :smiley:

How old is that device?

In November 2018 the device I got had the new configuration parameters, but the changes were recent so the manual it came with didn’t include them.

The date stamp on your device in that photo is 2017 so if your device is the first generation then that would explain why it was missing those parameters.

I’m assuming when the handler requested the values of the parameters the device doesn’t support the device sent back a report that was missing data which would explain the errors you were seeing in the logs. It shouldn’t have done that, but it’s the only thing I can think of that would cause those errors.

I’m glad you were able to figure it out.

1 Like

I would say its safe to assume I most likely have an older device as I purchased this used so have no idea how old it really is…

Hi @krlaframboise, I have a problem with light sync settings. I’m trying to change the light reporting interval to 8 hours but I’m stuck at 1 pending changes for days and weeks… any idea what’s wrong? Tried with 6 7 8 9 hours but still the same result.

Go into the IDE and open live logging, open the device, push the action button, wait about 15 seconds, click the device name above the live logging results so that only those messages are shown, and then post the live logging results.

Hi Liam… any idea which parameter is the light reporting interval? Thanks

I think we posted at the same time, but those instructions I posted will show the value being sent to the device and the value the device is reporting back.

Ok will do. Thanks!

Hi @krlaframboise, please see below:

IDE logs:

Current state: 2 pending are light threshold is changed to 100, it will sync without a problem, and the other one is the light sync interval and it’s always stuck and never syncs.

Current parameters settings:

If easier, could you please tell me how to disable light level reporting all together? Thanks a lot.

Here’s another sync data from the IDE.