[OBSOLETE] Neo Coolcam Door/Window Sensor

I won’t be converting the Neo Coolcam Door/Window Sensor DTH into an Edge Driver so it will stop working once the Groovy platform is retired, but it doesn’t need a custom driver

This is a DTH for the Neo Coolcam Door/Window Sensor (NAS-DS02ZU / NAS-DS02ZE)

3 Likes

Aren’t the Neo Coolcam things WiFi devices? If so, they would not be able to operate locally…

Neo Coolcam has z-wave and WiFi product lines and this handler is for the z-wave device. All custom handlers execute in the cloud.

The Neo Coolcam devices I have were discovered as Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor Devices so didn’t need a DTH and they work locally. What is the benefit of using this DTH vs the ST one ?

1 Like

Just the ability to change the configuration parameters.

Users that need to change the parameters are probably better off using this handler to change them and then switching back to the built-in handler so that the device executes locally…

2 Likes

I have an Inteset Door/Window Sensor which is supposed to be a rebranded Coolcam Door/Window Sensor, but when I add this DH and update the fingerprint so it is recongnized, the open/close sensing doesn’t seem to work. I tried resetting the device and adding it again, but that didn’t help.

The generic Smart Things DH seems to work.

The RAW Description for this device is:
zw:Ss2 type:0701 mfr:039A prod:0003 model:0101 ver:2.12 zwv:6.02 lib:06 cc:5E,9F,55,6C sec:86,73,85,8E,59,72,5A,80,84,30,71,70

Any ideas why this doesn’t seem to work?

Custom handlers don’t execute locally and this device doesn’t have any useful settings so you should use the built-in handler.

I won’t be converting the Neo Coolcam Door/Window Sensor DTH into an Edge Driver so it will stop working once the Groovy platform is retired, but it doesn’t need a custom driver