[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

I followed the directions to install everything. However after installing the Neato Connect App, I saw it under my SmartApps tab, but when I clicked on it, nothing happened. I tried to install the app again from the Market Place and ended up with mutilple Neato Connect App but none of them works. I checked my log from IDE and found this error code “10:59:25 AM: error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 500 from global /clients/null with status text Internal Server Error @ line 84”. Could you please help me to debug it? Thank you.

Did you follow this step for the Smart App?

Add the Neato (Connect) app from GitHub as a new ‘My SmartApps’, select create from code option and paste. > Click the ‘Create’ button. Save and Publish.

Click ‘App Settings’ in the top right corner. In the ‘OAuth’ section, click the ‘Enable OAuth in Smart App’ button and click ‘Update’.

Thank you for fast reply. I thought I did enable the OAuth but turn out I didn’t. I rechecked and problem fixed now. Thank you for your awesome work!

Does anyone know if the mapping feature will ever come to the Neato D5 or is it going to remain a Neato Connected exclusive?

Seems like a real cool feature to have and we D5 owners would love to have it as well.

Your Smarthings app is the reason I decided on the Neato! Thank you!

I was just looking thru the Neato API docs. I do not see anything that would prohibit the addtion of maps and stats to the D3 app… are you planning to or am I mistaken about the docs.

The API for D3 does not return map or stat info. No data is returned back for these models.

Ok thank you. What about a manual driving/ cleaning mode?

I want to be able to get him to go I the morning and the evening.

I have a support question. I updated my notification settings and they don’t seem to be taking effect. I was getting more notifications than I wanted so I have taken 2 actions; removed all, and reduced. Neither action yielded results. Any ideas on how to get the new notification rules to take effect?

Which notification settings did you have, and what did you change it to?

I had all set to on and now only have one set. I still am getting battery low notifications. Maybe the notifications are not coming from the Neato Connect app?

Battery warnings would not come from this app.

Thank you Alyc. Any ideas on tracking down where they are coming from?

I believe that’s new stuff smartthings has added lately with battery monitoring and alerting. Mostly used for wireless devices but Neato is a bad use case for it since battery drains every use.

Thanks, any ideas on how to stop them?

Where exactly do you see them? I think they are in my notifications feed but I never look at that.

Yes, in my notification feed and they push to my iPhone.

I have a Neat Connected, updated to latest version, I am able to OAuth just fine, and then select my device, and the name is correct, but if I hit save, I get unexpected error. I turned on live logging and this is the error

physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Neato Botvac Connected Series’ in namespace ‘alyc100’ not found. @ line 600

Ignore me, I’m an idiot, device handler wasn’t published, just saved

So I used this today. I like the idea of the scheduling on triggers, I want it to run in the morning after I arm my system, but looks like the countdown when I set it to 1 day starts from right now, so that means it wouldn’t start running until late tomorrow afternoon, and if I was armed. Not sure, but you can’t set internal less than 1 day? I really want it to run, between my set hours, on my set days, only once per day, after I arm the system.

The second thing I noticed is that when it gets to 5% battery, and it’s not finished, it goes back to charge, which is normal. With the Neato app it’s a different status, it clearing says “Charging to finish cleaning”, where in the Smartthings app it still says “Cleaning”, but also does say “Charging”, so I assume it’ implied, but a simple UI tweak could be good to make it more clear.

Also, on my Android, half the time I load the app, the text is ontop of the icons ,if I back out, and go back in, it looks normal, I assume this is just SmartThings mobile and not your fault, just figured I would mention ,it’s a Nexus 5X

Also, it’s only showing most recent Map, the Neato app shows the history, does API expose that? Could you add pages and do history of previous maps?

I also noticed the cool feature of after you pause, if nothing happens for X seconds, go back to dock, you cannot do that in the Neato app right? The Neato app always has this greyed out “dock” button you cannot click. I’ve always wanted to pause it, like when someone comes over, and send it back to the station to resume cleaning later. So is there no explicit dock button in API? Also, if you pause, and then after 0 seconds it docks itself, will it resume and go to where it left off, or start over? What if you do not resume, and the next regular schedule comes up, will that make it start over completely?

Great work BTW, really cool app!