[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

Alex,

Thanks as always for the quick work!

1. The timezone looks good as I see a start of 11:07 in both apps.
  2. The total time is off neato app shows 28 minutes and smartthings shows 31minutes.
    – seems to get worse/longer on long cleans.
  3. Can the area cleaned be changed to US vs metric?

Mostly just nit picky stuff but thanks again!

*edit I also seem to sometimes get premature bin full alerts. not really sure why unless it’s something in the polling and being more sensitive. the neato app doesn’t report the same although I am not sure I have seen a bin full in the neato app. I just started a cleaning and 5 min min in I got a bin full but checking bin it’s quite empty

Smart app and Device Handler updates. Find Me and Stat reporting now supported on D5 models.

@frazered - I believe you were asking for this.

2 Likes

Wow! Can’t wait to go home and try this!

When I try to install the Neato app from the smartapp myapp screen, it has a red banner on top saying “You are not authorized to perform the requested operation”! Help! How do I install your smart app for my new Botvac D5?

Any errors in the smartthings web ide logs when you try and install and see this error?

Sorry - but I don’t know what that is!

I’ve finally been able to install the app. It seems to work, but I am now getting an error message that reads: “[Botvac] has an error: Robt serial and/or secret is not correct. Not connected to Neato” What is going on? What is the problem and how should it be corrected???

Alex,

Thanks so much, this is awesome. I now have Alexa control of the Neato D3 with all the alerts coming back to my Apple Watch. I just wish Neato added the battery % reading to the Apple Watch app instead of the mini bargraph. Is there any way to activate the different buttons in the smart app as virtual switches in SmartThings? Right now I can only start the cleaning with Alexa, but Alexa doesn’t have access to the other functions within your smart app. Sooner or later Neato may extend there direct Alexa skill to the D3, but for right now, you app is the best thing since sliced bread.

Neato (Connect) V1.2 BETA

Announcing the Neato (Connect) V1.2 BETA. This provides support for individual scheduling for multiple Botvacs for those lucky enough to have more than one Neato Botvac. For those with only one Botvac, there is no functional advantage in using the V1.2 BETA.

Please let me know how you get on with this, and report any issues in this thread. Happy testing!

To upgrade, simply paste the V1.2 BETA code below over your existing Neato (Connect) V1.1.7b, save and publish.

WARNING: This will delete your existing SmartSchedule settings!!! I will add migration code in due course but it doesn’t take long to set this back up.

@Dr_Mom - I believe this was something you were interested in.

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsBETA/blob/master/smartapps/alyc100/neato-connect.src/neato-connect.groovy

slight typo in ChangeLog, very common on the new year… (Non BETA channel)

@Alyc100 its showing 2016 vs 2017.
The BETA channel you have reflects the correct dates

Non-BETA channel:

also curious, v1.4 - Cleaning map view functionality
Does this mean you can now view the maps the Botvac creates? If so, where/how do you access them?

Thanks for pointing out the typo. Maps are displayed on the device tile screen within SmartThings mobile app for Botvac Connected model only and not for the D3 or D5.

I have this after applying the latest version, per the Version History screenshot I posted:
Not seeing anything new/different for maps. Are there any special steps to take after updating? Or is this only available on the BETA release?

in IDE, I show this for the device, how do I verify I am using the latest version of the DHL?
In some of my other customs DHLs, the developers included a version within the preferences.

What mobile operating system are you using?

Using Android

FYI: I added these lines to your DHL to display the version in the prefs pane:
EDIT: I made a typo on the version numbering, should be v1.5.0 or v.1.5 (have updated my code, but screenshots do not reflect that) … Please by all means feel free to use this code if you are interested in it.

//fireheadman - ADDED - 1/24/17
def clientVersion() {
return “01.05.00”
}

preferences {
input title: “”, description: “Neato Botvac Connected Device Handler v${clientVersion()}”, displayDuringSetup: false, type: “paragraph”, element: “paragraph”
}
// fireheadman - END

It should appear underneath the “online” and “refresh” tiles when you scroll up. Hmm.

I pulled out my ipad to check it… and saw this (which corresponds to you comment being underneath “online and refresh” tiles).

To eliminate any issues with me tweaking the code to see a version, I overwrote my version and went back to your published version, restarted the app… and I still see this error. I only see it on iOS and not in android. There is nothing present in android.

If you find anything and need a tester, I am ready whenever.

Also made sure the smartapp was updated too.

Anyone having similar issues as above, please make sure once you have updated the smart app and device types, you have re-authenticated the Neato (Connect) app by opening the smart app and scrolling to the bottom and tapping the ‘Neato You are connected’ row.

If this doesn’t work, you may have to uninstall and reinstall the Connect app which seemed to fix the problem.

I will add… if you need to remove the device, take a quick screenshot of your preferences since you will need to re-apply them.

I saw when I did this, the option for auto-dock is enabled by default, but did not have the option to set the time. When I toggled the setting from On to Off, back to On… it showed the option to override the default time (60 secs).

v1.2 BETA Release 2 - Major fix to scheduler for multiple Botvacs

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsBETA/blob/master/smartapps/alyc100/neato-connect.src/neato-connect.groovy .