[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

Awesome “How to”

Is there any way i can see the IP address assigned to Neato? I have a D5 and cant see this info anywhere in the official Neato app and neither in the ST logs.

Hey Alex,

Is there a way to override the Neato being in a “stuck” state? For example, if it were to get stuck, I would at least like to have the ability to try and remote control it out of its stuck state. The proper Neato app doesn’t allow you to remote control when this happens, and I guess this would only work with the non D3/D5 model.

1 Like

Is it possible to check the DHCP server in your router?

as Manana546 mentioned… go into your router settings, depending on router type, should see something like connected devices that lists everything on your network by name/ip/mac.

Your botvac should have the mac id listed on the label or on the box or in the manual?
Can also use the mac address in your dhcp settings as a reservation so it always has the same IP if you can’t set a static ip on it. I have the botvac connected, so not that familiar with the d3/d5 series.

Thanks, yes, that what i had tried as well (using Advanced IP scanner ). I could not find the mac id printed anywhere so I used the last part of the Robot serial number which seems to look like a mac id.
Seems the vendor for this mac id is texas instruments.

Unfortunately, this did not work for me since the mac id (last part of the serial#) never shows up in the device list when doing an ip scan using advanced ip scanner.

Thank you very much!

very strange thing you have going on with your network/router.
Try this… (I’m use my MacMini via iTerm or I believe powershell if windows will work too)

Assuming your D5 is connected to your network, you just can’t figure out the MAC/IPaddr for it.
Fire up your botvac so it is active on the network.

Then run arp -a If you dont have much on your network, you should be able to process by elimination, pick out your botvac MAC/IPaddr, else grab a few beers. I did this and was able to find mine, then I assigned it an IPaddr by DHCP Reservation in my router.

I blanked out some of my data…
ARP

? (192.168.x.x2) at a0:f6:fd:xx:xx:xx on en0 ifscope [ethernet]

If arp isn’t giving much output, try running nmap (might have to install that).

PS, I just ran brew install nmap on my MacMini to see how it would report… works nice!
sudo nmap -sP -n 192.168.x.0/24 (where x is your network)
should see something like:
NMAP

Nmap scan report for 192.168.x.x2
Host is up (0.11s latency).
MAC Address: A0:F6:FD:xx:xx:xx (Texas Instruments)

Thanks for this! Will definitely give it a try.
I did find a mac id in the IP Scan which resembles the ID of the Robot but is not an exact match.
For now, I took a gamble and assigned that IP as static. So far, the Robot Offline issue seems to be resolved…fingers crossed.

When an error occurs such as when the Botvac gets stuck, the API prevents any further commands to the Botvac so I don’t think it’s possible.

Greetings hackers!
Some of you may have seen that the latest 2.2 release for Botvac Connected includes the new maps functionality. Basically, you can now see the cleaning maps of your home in the Neato applications.

We thought you might interested in accessing this functionality too, hence we’ve just released the new SDKs and API documentation which include this functionality. Main addition can be seen here:
https://developers.neatorobotics.com/api/beehive

Happy hacking! ^^_

Cheers,
r.

Is this update only for the the Connected model and not the D5 and D3?

Awesome Roberto. Looking into adding this into the Smart App. One thing, I can’t seem to add the Maps auth scope to my application that’s required for this new maps API. I still only see public_profile and control_robots.

EDIT: Also getting a ‘malformed scope’ error when I add the maps scope into my oauth request on the client side.

Yes, maps are only available on the Botvac Connected model.

Hi Alex, thank you for trying this.

Maybe a cache problem? I’ve forced a reset of the cache, can you please try again?
Also, it’s normal that you are getting a malformed scope if you are requesting maps but haven’t added the scope in the app.

Note that adding a scope to the app will require current users to authorize the new scope.

Thanks Roberto, that seems to have done the trick. I now have the maps option on the Application settings and can re-authenticate with the new scope.

1 Like

Neato (Connect) v1.1.7 and Neato Botvac Connected Series v1.4 now adds Maps functionality within SmartThings.

NOTE: If you’re upgrading you will need to re-authenticate with Neato. Update the Smartapp and Device Handler code, save and publish.

Open the Neato(Connect) smart app, scroll to the bottom and tap the re-authenticate item. Enter your Neato credentials and click ‘Done’.

You should then see your latest Neato cleaning map appear within the Neato device type.

As usual please post any issues, comments and feedback in this thread.

1 Like

Alex - fantastic turnaround as always. testing out the new stuff now. Maps showing nicely but a few issues
The map is showing in m2 - can it be changed to sq ft?
The clean time seems to be 5 hours in the future.
Also the cleaning time doesn’t seem to match the neato app - time seems longer.

One issue I mentioned a while ago but finally confirmed. During my cleaning I often see the image below but the bot is actually still cleaning and hasn’t gone back to charge yet. As you can see it’s not docked and cleaning but the status shows busy charging. Seems to switch to this during a clean:

Also not abig deal but the smartapp still shows old version:
private def textVersion() {
def text = “Neato (Connect)\nVersion: 1.1.6\nDate: 26112016(1515)”

Many thanks for the feedback!

I know exactly what’s causing your time issues and will release a fix later on.
I’ll have a further look into the code to see how the app could get into that state. I’ve never seen it personally.

EDIT: @jjslegacy - Update device to 1.4b and the clean time should be correct. Keep an eye on the cleaning time stat over time and let me know how far out it is from the Neato app time. I’ve only performed 2 cleans and they so far haven’t seen any differences.

Thanks Alex and Roberto!
Any chance the D3 and D5 will get the maps functionality as well?