[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

I agree along these lines. A tile that showed the status, similar to how the weather station looks or how the thermostat looks. Something with information on it. Would be nice once clicked to popup an action screen to select “clean/pause, dock, and/or off”

I was thinking that the Map it creates could be used to make Zones in the house. You could then rename them and ask Alexa to go clean the Kitchen or the Front room etc.

Would be an awesome feature to have and you could get Neato to report back on each of the zones.

Thanks! The smartapp works perfectly. Alexa is able to start/stop the device through the SmartThings skill.

All working great but I could do with being able to get the Bot to clean multiple times (passes) due to dog hairs. Is this possible?

The easiest way to do that, if the one time cleaning doesn’t work, is via the scheduling function on the Neato app. Initially you may have to run the bot several times a day to get the baseline ‘hair load’ cleared up but after that you should be able to do it less often. I have a long haired dog & a cat & after I got the first week’s multiple runs to eliminate the build up in the area rugs etc, I just run the bot every night at midnight which seems to keep the pet hair under control.

I appreciate your reply but my question was about the ability to program multiple passes?

@Justin_Barnes

I second that request (Hope Neato implements something like this)! Would be a little work at first to lay down mag-strips and baseline every room, but once saved, it could re-map that “zone” as an overlay to the saved baseline so moved/new objects are not an issue.

Thank you for the Smart App. I got my Botvac D3 this week and have been figuring it out. I’m very happy so far and am impressed with the LIDAR mapping. I do have a question about the Smart App; the app, lists the option to toggle Eco and Turbo clean, but this is not listed as an option on the D3 model. I have toggled it while running and it seems to make no difference. Is the Turbo request just ignored on the D3 model?

Correct. The Turbo/Eco option will only affect models that support this such as Neato Botvac Connected.

1 Like

Hey there,

Just got a Neato Connected, and this app has already been immensely useful, so thank you very much.

Using IFTTT, I was able to set up two recipes for my Neato vac that I use Google Home to activate: one to tell it to start cleaning, and another to stop. What I’m looking for is actually a way to tell it to stop AND return to dock with the “off” command, or a separate way to tell it to dock. Is this something that can currently be done? Thanks!

If you set the Neato (Connect) app to ‘Autodock’, then ‘off’ will actually pause the Botvac and auto dock after the configured number of seconds if the Botvac cleaning is not resumed. All you then have to do is somehow map the Neato Botvac switch in SmartThings to Google Home (not familiar with how Google Home works but it’s how Amazon Echo would work).

1 Like

I was thinking about adding the capability to have an individual SmartSchedule for each Botvac. It’s definitely possible but will require a fairly big update to the Neato (Connect) code. What is the demand for such functionality? Don’t expect it overnight though :slight_smile:

Oh, I didn’t realize Autodock was an option. Thanks for the reply!

Is there anyway to set up more than one schedule each day? I would like to set up two times a day.

Guys this looks amazing and can’t wait to replace one of my old roombas with a Neato. Quick questions for D3 and app users. Can D3 battery be upgraded later to D5 battery? Will the app and rules allow you to get basic start/ end time statistics since the D3 is missing stats according to Neato chart. All I really need to know is if it triggered and how long it cleaned. Lastly is there anything the app can do through the API to activate the find me beep on a D3 or any replacement substitute since that is also a D5 only feature. Lastly does the mapping work in the Neato app for D3. Sorry this is slightly off topic, but basically this is the best thread I have seen to get these questions answered. Can’t wait to buy and install this app.

Hi, I would like to update the smart app and device handler, should I just copy and paste the new code in the app and handler I created or do I need to go though the whole procedure again?

Also, is there a way to setup shorter a period than 24 hours (or have it reset at a specific time) ?

Setting a 24 hours period make it skip a day when after the 24 hours you are at home preventing the cleaning to start.

Thanks a lot for you awesome work!

Just paste the old code for both the Smart App and Device Handler with the new code, save and publish and it should update.

As for the 24 hour question, within the Neato Smart App, you can configure the schedule trigger to be ‘None’ which would set your Botvac cleaning every 1 day no matter if you were at home or not. Just click the 'How do you want to trigger the schedule? option.

1 Like

When cleaning is paused autodock only seems to bring the bot back to the starting position without docking.
Ie, the bot just stands in front of the dock without actually docking. What am I missing?

The botvac needs to clean long enough to find its dock. Otherwise it will behave in the way you have mentioned. This is indicated by the green ‘seen’ icon while the botvac is cleaning.

I see, thank you!
It seems to take a very long time though (5 minutes or so), but aborting after the status changes to “seen” autodocks properly.

Another question:
When using smarttschedule, is there any way to trigger on the timewindow?
Ie, as far as I can tell the triggers are only considered if they occure within the time window. But if the bot is set to run in the “away” state it will only start if the change to “away” occures within the timewindow, not if it was already “away” when the timewindow opened.