[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

What am I doing wrong since the smartapp gives me this error message:

This is a great app! thanks for the hard work. My only suggestion is to enable motion sensors in addition to switches to control the scheduling. The only options i have available are my light switches, which is really hard to come up with a practical use to tie the schedule to. I would really like to be able to have the the vac turn on when I leave the room instead. Any pointers on how I could enable other device types as the

You can create a virtual switch that represents when you are present in the room and use the Smart Lighting smart app to turn this switch on and off when motion is undetected/detected for a set period of time.

You would then use this virtual switch as the trigger within the Neato connect app.

2 Likes

great idea!

I have the app all set up (great job btw)

I see on the screenshots that it shows a floorplan. How do I get that on mine? I have the d5.

D5 doesn’t support that feature. Only the Connected I believe.

I’ve been using this for about a week, so far so good.

THanks fireheadman. I wanted to use your instructions, but when I did the step to add Core and Alyc100 to get to the Neato App, the Alyc100 never showed in my SmartApp list. The SMartApp never shows up…

Is there anything I am doing wrong? I connected my Github with my SmartThings account.

I tried even what Alyc100 instructed to do earlier, which is copy the code and create it in my SmartApp, but it gave me an error when I tried to create it, and I don’t know source code.

Any suggestions would be grateful…thanks…Curt

Got a neato connected yesterday, and I had no problem setting this up, Thanks for your work.
Ps: wish the Eightsleep worked this well :wink::joy:

It remembers it the first time, so when you see it go out to clean the same room next time, it knows to not bump into areas it might have bumped into the first time. So it does memorize it. Now if you change or move anything, then its going to rememorize the area as it goes about cleaning. As a matter of fact, in the highest model of the connected, it lets you see a map of where it memorized its cleaning area it completed.

I know the mobile app let’s you know it is stuck if you are looking in the app, but i think i remember my wife that it let her know it was stuck too…

I have tried to copy the NEato (Connect) V1.5,1b but everytime I copy the code from GIthub and try to create it, it gives me a code error? COuld someone help me? I have not code savvy.
I used ALyc100’s instructions…and i simply selected the code on the screen and copied it into the code window of a new My SMartApps area…

It’s really frustrating me… any help is greatly appreciated. ty…Curt

Here is the error codes I got back trying to copy/paste/create the SmartAPp code in my account.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
No signature of method: script14969732342671701223241.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14969732342671701223241$_run_closure1) values: [script14969732342671701223241$_run_closure1@13393599] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), getCssData(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Make sure you’re copying SmartApp code to the SmartApp area and Device Handler code into the Device Handler area. The Neato code that is v1.5b is the Device Handler. The SmartApp is Neato (Connect) v1.2g.

If you got the right things in the right places, try using the Raw button in GitHub to make sure the code is copying cleanly and doesn’t have any HTML artifacts.

thanks so much Sticks. I realized after your message, that i had not looked at the string where "devicehandler’ was staring me right in the face. I am new to this code site…and found the app area too and published both.

ALL is working great thanks to you. I am a dinosaur coder from long ago, and far away, so i am learning how to use these new code sites.

,And now if i could only get my Echo to tell my Neato to stop or return. Not sure if i can do this with Alexa and SmartThings…

Anybody else having issues with the robot serial and / or secret is not correct message showing up after having everything run smooth for a few days? My vacuum is still showing up just fine in the official app, but the smartthings one gets that message and stays broken after working flawlessly for a few days.

I am still looking for help on how Echo can use SmartThings to Dock, or Start, Stop my Neato Connected D5.

I know I have to set up a routine in SmartThings right? And somehow find the right parameters as I go through the screens to set up a routine to say for example …‘Dock my Neato’ or ‘Start Neato’…

I have NEato successfully in my SmartThings as a SmartApp, but not smart enough to know how to find the NEato triggers anywhere in SmartThings…

helppppppp!!!

Really interested to get this working to disable my downstairs motion sensor for the duration my Botvac is running whilst I’m out. I’ve added in the code, published it, made sure oAuth is sorted, etc etc, but I have no option to select MyApps in the iOS app? I’ve checked the shards, reset my hub, logged in and out of the app countless times as per other threads and it’s still not appearing either under the marketplace nor automation.
Samsung live chat doesn’t appear to have a smart things option in the drop down and telephone support points you back to the web site… :frowning:
Thanks in advance.

Am I right, that this is not restricted by the official (iphone / android) app only but the API itself?
I guess by verification of SN vs. Modeltype within your cloud?

If so, are there any plans for the future to upgrade the D5 with map functionality as well?

Hi,

Just installed the latest device handler and smart app.
However, can I just confirm when adding the smartapp via the mobile app. Should I not see the version being reflected as 1.2g? instead I always see v1.2f?

I have tried removing the DH and SmartApp from scratch. Logging out and back in, and recreate both the DH and SmartApp.However, it always appears to show the version of the smartapp as 1.2f.

can someone advise?

thanks,
Hung

My bad, the version text wasn’t updated. I have updated the code now to reflect the new version number. I’m pretty certain that you do have the latest code running.