[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

I also noticed now once it charged back up, it went to resume it’s cleaning, but it didn’t send a notification, that would be nice.

Just noticed another thing. Your time to clean is different than the Neato app. In the Neato app, it subtracts the charge time. So today Neato said a clean took 2.5 hours, but your app said 4 hrs… 1.5 hrs of that was the charge time.

Both could be considered correct, one is total time to clean the house, the other is time actually running to do the cleaning

So when you pause, then after time period it goes back to dock, it considers that a finished cleaning. If you start again it’s not a resume, but a new run. Not bad, just an fyi if anyone else was curious.

Just installed this smart app, when i try load it from “My Apps” I get the following error in my live logging (and doesn’t do anything on my smart app)

2b74c93e-0223-4405-8459-fead62f34bec 12:24:34 PM NZDT: error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text Bad Request @ line 84
2b74c93e-0223-4405-8459-fead62f34bec 12:24:34 PM NZDT: debug authPage()

UPDATED: Fixed I needed to enable OAuth

SuperB what A great app this is. You A great man…

Is there a way to make the vacuum clean only once/day? I don’t want it to clean twice if I leave the house twice. Also, can we put a delay on it? For example, wait 60 mins after mode changes to away, and if mode changes back to present within 60 mins, then cancel cleaning.

Edit: I believe the once/day setting is the interval setting in the app. But I don’t think the delay can be set there. I’m working on getting this working in core if anyone is interested, I can share the piston.

My issue is I want it to clean once a day, but interval of 1 won’t do it. If I leave the house say 9:30am and it’s set to clean, when I arm away, it works…

Then tomorrow I leave at 8:30am, it’s still has an hour left in countdown, and once it gets ready, it’s waiting on another away trigger.

I think if it gets to countdown, and it’s already in the triggered mode, it should just start.

I’m probably going to just go back to the regular schedule from Neato for now, set it to 10:00am, I’m.always gone by then, more reliable to clean daily that way

Working to add option to remove need for warning notifications before clean and a mode delay option in next version after 1.20 beta finishes. Watch this space

Neato (Connect) app updated to V1.2. Please note that this update will require you to reconfigure your SmartSchedule. Apologies for the inconvenience. This is quite a major release which includes:

• Create SmartSchedule for individual Botvacs.
    If you have more than one Botvac you will see an option to configure a SmartSchedule for each Botvac. Once again, even if you have one Botvac you will have to reconfigure your SmartSchedule again due to the major changes in the code.

• Configure a start clean delay within a SmartSchedule.
    Request by @gshep1986. You are able to configure a delay (in minutes) option within SmartSchedule that starts when a conditions are met for a clean.

• Remove the requirement for a schedule notification before SmartSchedule starts a clean.
    Request by @dkmcgowan. You can remove the need for the Neato (Connect) app to send a schedule notification before a clean happens. This will ensure that a clean is started as soon as the configured SmartSchedule conditions are met instead of waiting until you have received a notification to “clean obstacles, etc”. @gshep1986 I think this might help your situation as it will remove the need to wait for 2 Away events to occur before a clean.

As always, very grateful for the feedback and please report any bugs as this is quite a major change underneath the covers.

Your awesome, will install tonight and test tomorrow!

Thank you for your work on this and the Eight Sleep app’s, both work fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give it a whirl tomorrow when I leave for work.

My Botvac connected is geting an error message after a while. Any idea of what I would do?

Is it losing wireless signal? I only see that if it runs out of power or there is a wireless issue

Every night the botvac has done this, I’m going to uninstall this app and test to night.

At the same time? Almost like your router or wireless resets/reboots?

I did a test and still not working for me. When I set 1 day, and it counts down 24 hrs, it might have 2 hours left and I leave early my house, and trigger mode Away. Then the 2 hours passes and it does not start.

I was hoping when it got to the 0 mark and was ready for cleaning, it said if already in mode, don’t wait for trigger, just start.

I also would love if you could set time in hours, not days.

Also, a simple fix would be to update main screen to say charging to finish cleaning, maybe different color, and do that when it says it’s still cleaning, but docked, and send a notification for that.

For now I’m just having to always start mine manually.

Q. Have you noticed since upgrading to v1.2, your vacuums haven’t cleaned?
A. Yep, but it took a while to notice.

Q.Was this bug caused by a silly typo and not enough testing because it was late?
A. Yep.

Q. How can this be fixed?
A.Upgrade Neato(Connect) smart app to v1.2b straight away!

@dkmcgowan Please try this version and let me know what happens. I’ll look into your other suggestions, but making sure the big scheduling changes are working as expected first.

installing now, will let you know how it works

What would be the easiest way to upgrade to version 1.2b? Just delete everything and start from scratch?