[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

Hi,

if you share your email I can send you the device and smart app files that I use.
However, last time @Guy1992 has used it he had to change it to make it work fine.
I am away from home now so I am not able to test it.
Maybe it would be better if you get instructions from @Guy1992

Hi @mrmrmrmr,

I have sent you a mail. I hope that is okay.
@Guy1992 if you have any additional information, I would appreciate it if you could share it?

Thanks

Hi @Gatthebazz,

@mrmrmrmr’s code is working great for me:

You will need to create the Child DTH by adding a new Device Handler in IDE and using this code:

You will then need to replace the Device Handler for the Neato BotVac with this code here:

Once this has been saved and published you should see the ‘Create Child Buttons’ tile on your Neato in SmartThings.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,
Guy

do you speack about the classi App or this work with the new ST app V3? I ask becouse in general in my app i see my neato like a button without info.

Hi @Guy1992,

Thanks for your help. I got it to work and now the fun begins with some webCoRE :slight_smile: I had to reauthenticate in the SmartApps after publishing the device handlers.

@Diegocampy I used the classic app.

Have a great day everyone :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, sorry - I should have said use the ST ‘Classic’ app… I try to forget about the ‘new’ app :smiley:

1 Like

no a good solution, becouse at the end of 2020 the classic app will be discontinued and no longer used. I hope that developers think about this every day, in order to update their work with the new app

Everyone has been thinking about it… Unfortunately SmartThings literally just opened the CLI custom capabilities beta (read: the stuff developers need to migrate things like this) two weeks ago and are just now able to unpack whats available and how it works.

Give them a little time and patience to figure it out.

1 Like

Yes I know. No problem for the time to wait :). My answer is about @Guy1992 write “I try to forget the new app” :blush:

He’s not wrong - until all these capabilities are available - it’s trash. I have to use both to get access to all the features in my particular installation. But, that said the CLI stuff looks promising…

2 Likes

is there anything like Core on new app ? (not WebCore)

Not exactly a fair question. WebCoRE IS the ‘anything like Core on new app’ version that works with NewApp and the spiritual successor to CoRE. I use Webcore with newApp all the time. So if you’re discounting WebCoRE - no. Otherwise, Yes, it’s WebCoRE. WebCoRE’s current publicized plan includes updating WebCoRE to use the Rules API announced at last year’s dev conference ‘sometime in the future’ - but that’s dependent on the Rules API supporting variables and a few other things that it doesn’t have yet* (I say yet, because the Rules API guys have also said those features are planned). But, at least we know it (WebCoRE) has legs. CoRE doesn’t.

If you’re looking for the thread on the changes upcoming that will support custom capabilities - go here: https://community.smartthings.com/t/custom-capability-and-cli-developer-preview

2 Likes

@Guy1992 @Alyc100

I added the official robot cleaner capabilities for testing and got them to display in the new app. It looks good. But the app/handler needs to get updated with the correct attributes for it to work https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/docs/api-ref/capabilities.html

Hopefully someone can add this as the sunset date for the classic app seem to be getting closer. I would do it myself if I had the skills :blush:

I have some challenges setting the NavigationMode. If one of you experts can help out, it would be very appreciated. Link to webCoRE: https://community.webcore.co/t/neato-botvac-d7-connected-multiple-zones-piston/17472?u=gatthebazz

I managed to get this working somewhat. I can add it to the SmartThings app and run it manually by activating it with the button. However, I am unable to create a scene; everything works right up to the point of saving. The test completes successfully but when I try to save I get a vague “A network or server error occurred” error message.
Trying it in the classic app, I can add and save the app if I do not select my botvac. When I do I’m met with an even more ambiguous ‘Error saving page’. So I’ve just left that alone.

I have came here to download and use the app as an end user but I am a software developer incidentally so I’m prepared to dig deeper into this and learn more if anyone would be so kind to provide me some guidance or signpost me to how I can begin to debug this. (plsnobully)
I am completely green here - I only became aware that Samsung had a SmartThings API today :joy: I’d like to avoid having to spend hours learning this but I’ll look into whatever is necessary to know to get this working.

Thanks!

Well, it looks like it is official. SmartThings Classic will be going away in October.

Has SmartThings provided a way to port to the new app yet? Thanks for the hard work keeping this thing maintained. If there’s anything we can do as a community, let us know.

2 Likes

@Alyc100 any plans to port this over to Hubitat? I’d be happy to buy you a beer or two :grimacing:

Since I migrated to the new app the NEato app doesn’t control SHM anymore, guessing this is due to the SHM for the new app is different…

Tried setting up automations for “listening” to the Neatos switch and then changing mode to Armed (Home) mode doesn’t seem to work.
And I wouldn’t even know how to configure Armed when off as it’s so many variables.

I am reinstalling the smartapp and device handler (after removing device and everythinh) but I keep getting an error when entering the smartapp in the “new” app to start the configuration.

Any suggestion?

1 Like

is there any update on integration with the new app? im on the edge of getting a D7 but wondering how this now works with Smartthings now that ive been pushed over to the new app and stuck with a few basic things not working as they should, so worried about anything more complex.