[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

Hey @Alyc100, does this currently or is there any way to expose a “Spot Clean” action in the DTH? I must be a special case, but I have my neato base parked next to the litterbox, so I’m really hoping for a way to “schedule” just a spot clean to occur more frequently than a full clean.

Hi Alex, Seems like the D5 and D3 are now supporting coverage area and maps with new firmware 4.x.
Would you be able to add this cool feature for us D5/D3 owners?

Thanks!

Where did you get this info from? I have a D5, so once I get the update and can test it should be no issue to add this for D5 and D3 robots.

WHAT’S NEW
Botvac D5 Connected and Botvac D3 Connected now support:
• Cleaning Summary with a Coverage Map that shows where your Neato robot cleaned.*
• Cleaning History graph with statistics.*
*Requires a robot software upgrade to version 4.0 which is available via an over-the-air update.
Neato app updates include performance and stability improvements, as well as general enhancements.

Just updated my D3. Yup, she’s now has cleaning summery and a coverage map on the Neato app! Thanx for the heads up.

Hi,

I have just ordered a D3 Connected model. I have 2 questions to the users of this product:

1. what is the image with the map on the first post ? is it a live image showing where Neato is in the house ?
  2. is it possible to block entering some rooms from the app ? (for example , I don’t want Neato to enter the living room everyday because there may be some toys on the ground)

Thanks

No it’s not a live map. It is a summary of where the robot cleaned.

It is not currently possible to ‘fence’ the robot virtually, although I believe that I have heard it is a feature on the roadmap in future botvacs.

Although both would be very cool… :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks. I hope that “future botvacs” feature would come to our models.

Neato sent a email stating they added the coverage map to “all” Neato connected models. Attached a photo of the email

They (Neato) have a good track record of retrofitting older bots with capabilities that are possible through software. One of the many reasons I choose them over the competition. It just depends on if that capability requires more processing power or specialized sensors not in the D3, D5, or Connected…

Meanwhile, I just want my Connected to stop jumping the magnetic barrier and trying to climb into my fireplace… sigh

OK. Finally updated the Neato Botvac device handler to support maps for D3 and D5 models with the latest firmware. Update to v1.8 via the IDE, or get the update manually here https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/neato-botvac-connected-series.src/neato-botvac-connected-series.groovy

1 Like

It took only a few minutes to get everything set up, and it’s working perfectly – I just started it cleaning from ST. The installation was very clear, in my opinion, and the many parameters are easy to understand. Fantastic job on this. Thank you!!!

Hi,

I would like to arrange schedule so that it does not start when my bedroom door is open and starts when door is closed.
Can we add such feature to the app ?

@to D3 connected users:
I didn’t have any barriers in the D3’s box. Is this normal ?

Thanks.

Anyone else getting this message since latest handler update? It’s showing up and working correctly but it says it’s offline and not connected to Neato. Strange thing is it’s working fine and showing correct status . I have attached a screenshot

Hi,

I’ve slightly modified the code to have the feature that I want (open door prevent smartschedule)
But I don’t know hot to test if it works. I don’t want to wait 1 day (since it is the minimum time for scheduling smartsched)
how can I test this ?

Btw, the modded app is below. If it is correct, could you add it to the main branch ?

thanks.

https://www.neatorobotics.com/press/flagship-robot-vacuum-botvac-d7-connected/

D7 has “myfloorplan” function. Would this feature come to D3 in future ?

Also, “manual drive” is a good feature.

I’m getting this CONSTANTLY. I would love to roll the update back now. It’s killing me…

This has nothing to do with the latest code updates to the device handler as the update only enabled maps for Neato’s with a v4.x firmware.

What you’re seeing happens when the Neato API responds with an error code (something other than a HTTP 200 response) when the Smart App tries to get the latest status. Next time you see this message, go and view the logs in the SmartThings IDE and press the ‘Refresh’ button on the app. You will probably see an error log appear. You can DM me this error message and I’ll look into it as it will report the HTTP response coming back.

It might be an authentication issue so re-authenticating your Neato Connect app might fix this.

Thanks! I’ll check it out. I’ve already re-authenticated about 12 times, so that’s not helping.

I’ll pull error logs and get back to you.

@Alyc100 would you please check the code I submitted. I am not sure if it is correct for adding the function I need. And I don’t know how to test it without waiting for at least 24 hours.
I just want to prevent auto shechuled clean job if a selected door is open in my ST env.