[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

have you got delay start configured? If so, try removing that and see if that works.

That could easily be added in (i think). I’ll have a look.

Yup got like 10 minutes on both…
I’ll try it and report back!
Thanks a lot!!

Try SmartApp v1.2.6 and let me know if it works

please add me to your beta tester list for D7 features. I’d be more than happy to help.
as I don’t visit the forums everyday, I may be informed a little late.

Turned out that I get an EM saying it can’t read my floormap in the Neato app not matter what I do even turning on the D5 in the Neato app throws an EM. If I turn the floormap to off in the ST Classic App it works without EM’s in either app… I don’t see why this would be connected and not sure if that helps but that seems to have sorted my issues… ?

Hi,

Thanks for the great work. I am very new to this, followed the instructions the best I could but can’t seem to be able to make this work despite several attempts. I have loaded both Smart App and Device Handler online, I can see the Smart App on the mobile app but when I click on it, I get the rotating wheel for a while and then nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Should I be seeing Neato under the Device list as well?

EDIT: for info, this seems to work now. It looks like I forgot to enable OAuth under My Smart Apps -> alyc100 : Neato (Connect) -> App Settings -> OAuth

I’m trying to decide between the roborock and neato for the upcoming holiday season. Does this integration work with specific zone cleaning, where I can have webcore clean just one room? If so, that is a huge benefit for me with using the neato. Thanks!

I set the smart schedule to these settings but to try it I set my hub location to away but it’s not starting.

If I’ve already started a clean for this day manually will it not start one with the schedule?

Just an FYI - looks like a software update today (on my D7) severed the connection to the smartapp. Looks like the secret key might have changed again?

EDIT: Never mind - completely deleting and re-adding the smartapp fixed it.

1 Like

I just received a firmware update to D7 which enables zone cleaning from Google Home devices.
That means now the API has function to start zone cleaning.
Can we interate this to your ST device handler @Alyc100 ?

see screenshots:

did you also delete the device ?

@Alyc100 , any good/bad news ?

The API for zone cleaning has been present for a while now. Whilst investigating how best to utilise this for usability, it would mean attaching a smart schedule as a child smart app to the main Neato so you could configure multiple smart schedules for each zone. This is a fairy major piece of work to do and it would mean features such as a countdown to the next schedule in the device handler being removed.

What I want to gauge is, based on the fairy big effort required, how useful would this feature be to the community. If it’s only around 10 people requesting the feature out of the 100s using the Neato ST app then it’s not worth investing my free time for now.

2 Likes

@Alyc100 , I get the point.
Actually I was looking for a very easy implementation.
I would just add buttons for each room and with a single click , D7 would go directly to that room.
Then I can manage to trigger these buttons with different conditions using Core pistons.

Could you share the API documentation so that we can add the feature ourselves ?
Or just the required command format for a single zone cleaning start ?

I’d use it Alex… I mean I’m not dying for it but smart scheduling by room. Killer. Also a good op to improve the NewApp experience.

I think this would be a good scenario to contribute to all the hard work @Alyc100 has done to possibly convince the effort of this new feature.

1 Like

isn’t it possible to supply the command format required for zone cleaning ?

Neato Api level yes. But usability wise in Smartthings UI no.

Please someone correct me, but I can’t see a way of dynamically populating tiles based on an API call response which would be how it would retrieve zones for each botvac.

Maybe a toggle that changes value based on a set of room zones that’s stored in an array. I’ll look into it but at the moment, I’m drunk whilst on a work Christmas do and this will have to wait until new year :slight_smile:

2 Likes