[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

Thanks Alex!
thought I had a strange caching issue…cheers

Hey Alex. Want to say how much I love your work on this. It’s been an awesome automation for me. Thank you!

I do have one issue though. I recently bought a second vac for the upstairs but I cannot get smart schedule to work with it. It’s set just like the other one to start when everyone is away after 5 minutes. The downstairs always starts but the upstairs never does. Any ideas why this is the case or what I’m doing wrong? Thanks again!!

Let me look into it by trying the same setup on my two neatos

Thanks. Do you think it’s just a matter of changing the setup slightly? Like start one in 5 and the other in 10? I can try that…

Try Neato (Connect) 1.2h and let me know if this fixes the issue.

I’m new to smart things and GitHub integration. After I complete the setup and hit done in the app I get this:

Probably just to new to understand but hopefully just being an idiot and missing a step somewhere

Open the Smartthings IDE log --> https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs and repeat the process that leads up to this error message. There will be more detail here that might reveal what is going on.

Hey Alex, sorry it has taken 3 weeks to report back. I did update to 1.2h and it did indeed get things working for both bots. THANK YOU! I did change it to have 1 start after 5 minutes and the other after 10 minutes as well although I am not sure it was necessary.

I do have one other question for you. My use case may be unique, I am not sure, but what I want is for the vacuums to run everyday once everyone leaves, which it mostly does. What I actually see however is a bit inconsistent. I think this is because some days I leave at say noon and the vacuum runs, but then the next day I might leave at 8am and since it hasn’t been 24 hours yet it won’t run? In addition, on that second day where I left at 8 and I don’t return till 4pm, the vacuums still never run because the trigger is everyone is gone but that happened at 8am before the 24hours were up. :confused: Maybe that isn’t at all how it works, but it seems to be the case from my observations. I wonder if there is anyway to tie the ‘everyday’ to the actual day rather than to a 24 hour time period. Thus one day it might run at noon and the next day 8am despite being less than 24 hours.

Hopefully that at least makes sense. Like I said I may be asking for something crazy here, and if it isn’t worth your time it’s cool. I love the smart app regardless! Thanks again for all your hard work!

Nate

I did something similar by creating a virtual switch and naming it house vacuumed, when everyone leaves I have a core piston check to see if the flag is on, if not it starts the vacuums, then sets the flag. At midnight the flag is reset ready for the next day.

Hey thanks for the idea. I love WebCoRE and that is certainly an option. It would be great if it were just built in rather than having to use another “switch” if you will that can fail (although things have been very stable of late).

Did you experience the same thing I was trying to explain, is that why you made this, or was it just me? Just curious if I am crazy. Thanks!

I did it because we work in the corporate entertainment market, and as a result can be working away or in bed sleeping at random times, I didn’t want the vacuum waking us up if we had had a really late night, so I used core to only allow it to clean when we are all away, the idea of the virtual switch being used as a flag was because sometimes we are popping in and out all through the day and I didn’t want it to make multiple trips around the house to vacuum.

1 Like

1a193067-2c1b-407b-b1b0-af7bf5871a96 10:25:05 AM: error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Neato Botvac Connected Series’ in namespace ‘alyc100’ not found. @ line 641
1a193067-2c1b-407b-b1b0-af7bf5871a96

Maybe a long shot, but since its possible to make a map of cleaned area. Any chance to divide the map to rooms? Downstairs I have like kitchen, livingroom, TV room and more. Often I only need to make it vacuum either the kitchen or TV room.
So is that possible? To make like a geofence mapwise?

Looks like you have only installed the smart app and not device handler.

The map is generated by the Neato API. My understanding of the way it works is if you close Neato within a room, then the generated map will only be that picked up by Neato’s LIDAR on that particular cycle. So it won’t be of the whole downstairs, just the area it cleaned.

Do you mind guiding me?

Just wanted to give thanks and praise for this integration. Got everything installed yesterday and it worked without a hitch. Extra nice with the integrated routine sheduling and that the cleaning map is accessible.

<3

Also wanted to say “THANK YOU!” My Neato arrived this afternoon, was up and running by the time the battery had charged on the device. The steps were really easy to follow and I love the extensibility you have added. Great work - thanks a million!

1 Like

When using the app does the bot communicate directly with the SmartThings hub, or does it go through my router to the hub?. I’m having a hard time getting it to connect. I had this issue with the regular app and neato told me to open ports 80 and 443 to take care of the problem. Was hoping that this would be a work around to that.

Hi Chris, unfortunately this smart app uses a cloud to cloud integration provided by Neato. So if you’re having issues with the official app then it’s very likely that you will have the same problems with this integration.