[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

You haven’t installed or published the device handler.

3ef7f581-3fc1-4eeb-a09b-49cd400d2df1 18:18:05: error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Neato Botvac Connected Series’ in namespace ‘alyc100’ not found. @ line 652

OOPS:flushed:

My bad:roll_eyes:

many thanks, will donate some beers if it works out:D

From the logs, it appears that your Botvac has been added successfully.

Finally found the bug and squished it in Neato (Connect) v1.2.1b.

1 Like

Hello, everything is working my botvac except smart schedule. I have it set to clean Mon Wed Fri after my presence is detected as away. Although my status changes to away, the vac never starts on schedule.

Any ideas?

Within the SmartSchedule configuration screen, deselect the ‘Enable schedule notification before cleaning’ option and see if this fixes your problem.

Hi Alex, tried this and still no go. Bot should have cleaned today but didnt

My d7 just has 404 error despite everything being correct and nothing changing that made it stop, tried removing and adding back in and can’t get app to save…

Won’t let me edit post again apparently 5 too many so…

It’s connected…but then again it’s not???

When you click ‘refresh’ on the device, can you DM me the SmartThings error logs https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs

Uninstall the app and device and try to reinstall again. Your device wasn’t created properly and appears to be missing it’s secret key which is what is causing you problems.

I’ve done it 4 times total, even deleted dth and app through api.

I know it shows missing secret key but I show it when I view connect logs when ST is attempting to communicate, any thoughts?

Seems like it is failing to authenticate.

Live logs shows this:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getBytes() on null object @ line 605

I have some time today to further investigate. It looks like your secret key in the device Network ID is coming back as null. Could you DM me the following log from SmartThings IDE.

Go into the Neato (Connect) app. Click the ‘Devices’ section. In the log you should see something like below generated…

5eb3d82a-4b3b-4355-a129-17d989e36024 09:14:58: debug [OPSXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX|XXXXXXXXXXXX, OPSXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
5eb3d82a-4b3b-4355-a129-17d989e36024 09:14:58: info Body: [[timezone:null, model:BotVacD5Connected, linked_at:2017-05-02T11:17:12Z, name:Jim, prefix:null, traits:[], purchased_at:null, secret_key:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, serial:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, nucleo_url:https://nucleo.neatocloud.com:4443], [timezone:null, model:BotVacConnected, linked_at:2017-05-02T10:55:00Z, name:Wingwah, prefix:null, traits:[maps], purchased_at:null, secret_key:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, serial:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, nucleo_url:https://nucleo.neatocloud.com:4443]]
5eb3d82a-4b3b-4355-a129-17d989e36024 09:14:58: info Status: 200
5eb3d82a-4b3b-4355-a129-17d989e36024 09:14:58: debug Beginning API GET: https://beehive.neatocloud.com/users/me/robots, [Accept:application/vnd.neato.nucleo.v1, Content-Type:application/*+json, X-Agent:0.11.3-142, Authorization:Bearer

I want to see whether the secret_key for your Botvac is being returned by the Neato API. This is what the smart app uses to populate the device network id.

Hi @Alyc100,

Thanks for the app, I could successfully connect to install the app and connect Neato to ST, but when saving the smart apps. It gives me “An unexpected error occured” is it the same thing being discussed here? (OAuth is enabled).

Thanks

Could you post some logs from the smartthings ide when you see that error. Best to DM as it might contain secret keys, etc.

Howdy, I’m using this app and it works great! However I recently switched wifi networks, I had to go through the neato wifi setup process 2 seperate times. After each succesfull reconnect, these ghost “null” entries are stuck as the default robot, even if I add the “new” robot again, it defaults to the null entries. It looks like I got a null entry for each time i set up a new wifi SSID.

I imagine a full removal / reinstall of the DTH, Smartapp, and devices themselves might fix this, but that has proven more difficult than expected, and this seems like this might be a real issue with the smartapp.

Anyone else run into this or found a way to fix this issue without starting from scratch?

Absolutely brilliant! Thank you SO much for this. I’ve been looking for good ST integration with a “robovac” for probably close to 2 years now. I tried the Thinking Cleaner and it wouldn’t work for me at all. Couldn’t get it paired properly and it also didn’t fit my Roomba correctly, despite the fact that it should have.

I really wanted the Neato because it’s a vac first, robot second. If a vac doesn’t do a good job at picking up dirt first, what’s the point, right??

I just got everything installed & really excited to use the integration & see all the ways I can use it. HUGE thanks especially for the incredible step by step instructions for installing and setting up. So awesome. I’m not one that does a lot of the custom setup (yet) with ST so your incredible instructions were exactly what I needed. Also super psyched to see that this already supports the new D7 (despite the fact that the Neato website itself shows it not yet released!!). That is wicked cool. Looking forward to getting that new vac - especially the in-app fencing (rather than the magnetic strips). I have a few little places that my vac gets stuck and it isn’t always workable to use the magnetic strips everywhere. So super excited about this. Seems like one of the best upgrades that any vac system has done for awhile.

Thanks again for such incredible work. Looking forward to using it! It will definitely help improve my life (being physically unable to do a lot of the things that I used to be able to do…). Simply genius - and I’m really grateful for your efforts.

1 Like

Must have missed this feature, sounds very useful.

Woah woah. I’m wary of false advertising here :slight_smile: That functionality is not available in this smart app but via the Neato mobile app for D7 only I believe.

1 Like