[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

I have just installed this on the new smartthings app. I also have a gocontrol installed and that is what I’m using for the door sensor.

When it made the virtual switches the two open and close ones do not work. I can however open and close the door from the device handler that shows status of door and door controller. Is there something I did wrong in setup that caused those virtual switches not to work?

If you’ll open the SmartApp page in the mobile app and scroll down to the version section, it should tell you which piece has updates available. There’s also a toggle there to disable those notifications if you’d rather not bother updating at the moment.

This SmartApp is not yet officially supported on the new SmartThings app. Do you see the same behavior when you try those things in the SmartThings Classic app?

Is there any way to get a wired open/close sensor to work with this. I hate to have another thing that I have to change the battery. Maybe something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GUSNQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brian,

Thank you. I hope by PM you meant email. At any rate I deleted the smart app and handler (I have a door sensor so I only

use the one handler). Waited a couple hours and installed all over again using the instructions on GitHub. In SmartThings I tried to

add the app again under myapps but still get a password error. Note I still use the classic app on my iPhone.

Note I am fairly adept at techie stuff as I am a Systems Engineer/support guy. So this just frustrates me more knowing it could

be something stupid I am doing. I don’t know what else to try at this point. Maybe a totally unique password change, IDK. My

password is a combination of uppercase/ lowercase/ numbers. I don’t think I used any special characters.

Ty.

…Alan

Alright it works! So lessons learned for me anyways. If you have a Craftsman garage door opener and use Craftman app to open/close door you need to delete the garage device from that app so you can re-add it later in MyQ. Create a new account on MyQ app. Add the garage door and then use those credentials in MyQ Lite Door apps. Thanks Brain!!

1 Like

Hey there, is there a beta release that provides support for thew new ST app? The lame classic app killed mobile presence awereness so I was basically forced to upgrade and now i’m dealing with all the incompatibilities.

Let me know!

Hey @brbeaird,

Thanks again for all you do with the MyQ app. I’ve finally got around to updating from the last major push. I have the Garage On/off working again but the momentaries are not working and it isn’t creating new ones when I modify my devices. I get a “problem creating push button” error. I have the momentary button tile device handler installed and published. This is what I had Alexa using previously. Any ideas?

You might double check which Momentary Button device handler code you’ve got. For awhile, I was referencing one with the SmartThings namespace, but because that caused issues with the Community Installer, I switched back to a version that has the brbeaird namespace.

Make sure yours looks like this:

Okay, that might be it. Not sure how to add it so that it updates from repo?
2019-11-29_14-55-53

Never mind. Figured it out. Thanks for the quick reply

1 Like

Any thoughts? I installed the latest from the repo but I get errors if I try to open or close. I get a garage door opener id but can’t control it.

SmartThings still doesn’t fully support custom apps like this one. Presence still works fine for me in the Classic app - maybe there’s something you could still do to get that working again?

Presence works for me as well but sometimes clunky. It works flawlessly most of the time, but sometimes on occasion, it takes a few extra seconds to kick in or after waiting and nothing happens, opening the smartthings app somehow kicks in the presence…I think that depends how frequent the app is polling my location. I have an iPhone and allow smartthings to see my location “Always”, but it still happens once in a while.

My chamberlin (without sensor) works great with Brian’s code along with webCORE script. no momentary switches needed.

Thanks again!

I have just installed this and am getting the “Cannot Connect to Device” error when i hit the momentary tiles. I am using the new app. From what i read…this is not going to work right? I just wanted to make sure before i keep pulling my hair out.

Yes, as I understand from others the momentary buttons do not work with the new app. Hopefully that will change at some point.

This must be fairly new, because I don’t remember seeing the MyQ Lite Smart app in the new ST app. It’s there now. Not sure if all functionality is there, but from quickly glancing at it, it looks fine.

1 Like

My garage door is stuck in opening state, but my garage door sensor states closed? any idea?

I get that occasionally. Cycling the door using the MyQ app usually flushes it out.

What happens if you tap refresh? Anything in the logs? Verify all pieces are on latest version?

I’m getting the same, can you state all the pieces as I get notified of new versions being ready but everything at github states it’s two months old. The activity feed on mine was not showing the closed command, and the tilt sensors were all wrong for the garages (I verified they were right for install though) I’ve removed everything and now trying a new install from scratch.