[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Well, I just randomly tried the existing integration this morning and it’s working. The app still shows “Gateway Brand: null” on the SmartApp’s first status page (via Classic app, of course, MyQ app 3.1.0). I used my existing devices when I installed the newer app. I can’t seem to get into the IDE right now to check my logs, but that’s a bit moot since the net integration is working (I’ll still check later if you want, though).

Ah, you’re right. I forgot to remove the brand from the main page since it’s no longer used. I’ll do that. Glad it’s working now, though!

I’m having trouble getting this to work since the update. I’ve removed my device, updated the DH and app, re-run the app, log in and it finds my device. But I can’t control it. Any ideas?

Did you tap “modify devices” and walk through those steps? The “missing MyQ ID” text indicates that didn’t get set during that process.

I actually just removed the devices, Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I must be missing something because it’s still saying no ID. I’ve toggled every setting (I think)… And went back and hit Modify devices. Still no go

Just want to say thank you for this. Updated tonight and everything went very smoothly.

1 Like

I have tapped on the modify devices but I still get the missing ID

In the IDE, go to My Locations -> SmartApps (under the Installed Smartapps column). Then scroll down to MyQ Lite. That should show the response from MyQ, which should have a MyQDeviceId in it. Feel free to DM me a screenshot, and I’ll take a look.

Hey Brian,
I’ve done the manual update, but I’m still getting the login error. This is the error message in the log:

6:49:57 AM: error API GET Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized
6:49:57 AM: debug Got LOGIN POST response: STATUS: 200
DATA: Request RejectedThe requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.Your support ID is: 163661842700386030[Go Back]
6:49:57 AM: warn forceLogin: Refreshing login token
6:49:57 AM: debug login result next page: prefListDevices

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike

Can you verify the SmartApp version shows 3.1.0? Feel free to see the steps above and DM me a screenshot of your app data.

Hey Brian-

THANK YOU so much for making this app - unfortunately Ive had a tough time with the update. I was able to reinstall everything, install the smartapp, and it recognized my 3 doors. I selected sensors to associate with them. Under “MyHome” it created 3 Garage doors, but if I click on them, the doors do not open or close. In the MyQ smart app, it says “Missing MyQ ID” next to all 3 connected devices. I have tapped on modify account, and modify devices, multiple times but no difference. I am running 3.1.0.

Any thoughts? I tried creating on/off push buttons - which WORK! But I have sensors installed, and would prefer to not have the on/off push buttons.

Thanks again,
Lee

This normally means your update did not actually grab the latest device handler code. You might need to manually copy/paste the code for those and then save/publish in the IDE to be sure.

1 Like

Hi folks,

My ST setup has sort of been on cruise control, and I haven’t touched it in over a year until the garage door control stopped working. Came back and read about the update, uninstalled and manually reinstalled everything and things are working like before…yay. However, when I try to add the GitHub integration back for the MyQ smartapp, I’m getting an error “You don’t have access to brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ” when I add the repository. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? GitHub integration was working a long time ago, I’ve updated several times in 2017-2018, but I haven’t accessed it in a long time.

Thanks,
–Jamie

Not really sure on this one. You might try removing and re-adding the GitHub integration. Seems like I had to do that at some point as well in the last couple years.

I figured it out. My password (autogenerated random) has a / in it which messes up the API call. once I changed it the app is working normally.

Thanks for all your work on this!

1 Like

Is there any way to add battery percentage for the sensor? Everything works great, but it would be perfect if i could still monitor battery percentage on the same tile.

when i try to open through smartthings, i get this in the log

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_57a8dccb6562eca63a46433278779239f4d8e21552531fca6780c172917c64a2.sendCommand() is applicable for argument types: (script_dth_c1a76e788d15398908be51a807fce490c2146bdc6fef92e877bdf8ef349318ad, java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) values: [script_dth_c1a76e788d15398908be51a807fce490c2146bdc6fef92e877bdf8ef349318ad@bbe4a2a, ...] Possible solutions: sendCommand(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) @line 120 (open)

Brian- since the update- the lamp controllers only seem to randomly work for me. Its like it is losing the state. The app says the lights are on- but they are not. In this condition- i click them off in the app- nothing happens- and i click them on again- and they finally come on. I had be using the smart lighting automation tied to sunrise/ sunset- which appears to be working on other devices (like Hue), but not on MyQ lite.

I am using the current version and am not getting any errors.

I have tried to troubleshoot- by setting up time based on / off events- and they seem to work fine- but over the long run- on at sunset off at sunrise- it does not appear to work (app reports lights on but they are not).

I have also verified that they are not being turned off and on manually or in another app (chamberlain or Apple Home).

Good thought - I’ll look into that.

This indicates something did not get installed correctly. Either the SmartApp, Device Type, or both didn’t get the latest code applied.

Odd. Mine seems to be working ok, and I use Smart Lighting rules. The app assumes the state is the same as whatever action it sent last, so you’re correct that the only way it could get out of sync is either:

1. A command failed to send (in which case you should have gotten an error notification if those are enabled)
  2. A command was sent in some other app

Other than that, I’m not sure what would cause it. Hopefully you can find a way to reproduce it.

Where would the errors show up? Would they be in the event log for the device? The other strange thing i’ve noticed is that each device shows up twice in the device handlers…any suggestions?