[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

fingers crossed! Thanks! I might actually not cancel my garaget order not because of smartthings integration but because it connects to the door with the 2 wire closed contact button terminals instead of acting like a remote like the myq. My Myq constantly doesnt open the door or work properly and a lot of the time its because the door is half open as I like to elave it half open a lot. in this situation oddly myq and my key panel wont open or close the door. only the button will, so the garaget fixes this issue for me and overrides.

if it fixes my issue i will give the myq to my parents to use, but if you cant get this working because they blocked it i am throwing it in the garbage, they will never get $10 a month, its such an insultingly high price for such a ridiculously small amount of usefulness and features. this is almost how much i pay for netflix!!!

Good news! I have a fixed version running on my end. It took some considerate code rework, and I’m still working out a few bugs, but I should have an update later tonight.

12 Likes

my q lite not working, hopefully update fixes this issue.

Version update is out. SmartApp and both door device handlers have been changed.

This is a VERY significant change and may still be a bit buggy, but it should work for most people. I’m sure we’ll find stuff to fix over the next few weeks.

A couple important notes here:

1. After you update the code, you will need to open the MyQ Lite SmartApp config in the SmartThings Classic mobile app and tap on “Modify Devices.” Tap all the way through selecting your devices and hit save. This is a very important step as we need to update the door ID’s with the new ID’s in MyQ.
  2. Lamp module control is not currently working. I can’t figure out what the new on/off command is, but hopefully someone will reverse-engineer for me at some point, and I’ll update this code.

The biggest change behind the scenes is that with V5, MyQ has changed the door ID to be the door’s serial number. I knew this day was coming, so with my previous update, I did my best to prepare the app to be able to automatically detect the change based on door name and simply update your existing devices. However, there’s a chance the app ends up creating additional doors instead. If that happens, the easiest thing to do is to try and get your door names to match what they are in MyQ. If you still can’t match them up, you may have better luck fully removing/re-setting up the SmartApp.

Let me know how it goes.

12 Likes

It’s working fine for me now. thanks, great job

1 Like

tapping on modify devices

I updated the SmartApp and Device Handler to 3.1.0. There was no update for the DTH available via the repo for me, so I grabbed the code from GitHub. Initially, I ran into the same error as @jkp mentioned above (could not find any supported devices), but after some fiddling I was eventually able to tap all the way as instructed. I’m not quite sure what I did that made it work.

Initially, I had one door that is working fine, but the second one wouldn’t open or close via the app. I went through everything again this morning and now it appears to be working. :man_shrugging:

Works like a charm! Thank you @brbeaird!

1 Like

Thank you so much. Working again. Modifying/re-adding my devices also created two new momentary push buttons with the identical names as the previous ones, so I had to delete the old ones and update my Google Home routines. Works though!

1 Like

I had this error as well. Try doing modify account and then come back to modify devices, that worked for me.

Dumb question, but if I have a sensor, do I need the MyQ Garage Door Opener-NoSensor device handler?

Was having issues with the Garage Door staying on “open” and Google Home would no longer control the garage door, of course popping back here into this forum fixed all my issues. So thanks all.

No, you do not need that device handler.

I’ve deleted and re-created the Smart Things app and the no sensor device handler.
However, I still receive a log in error. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

Yep my app stopped working as well about 2-3 weeks ago. I go to the login, enter my email and password then I get a blank page that sits and does nothing. Developer needs to update API.

@Jarrus_Steele The code was updated last night. Read up several posts for details and special instructions. :slight_smile:

I did update the app and device handler - I’m still receiving the login error.

1 Like

Installed new version this morning

Doors work great.

Lamp controller gets the following error:

Warning: MyQ command failed for Driveway Lights(on) -
groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Internal Server Error

Thanks for your work on this!

Yes, the lamp controller piece is still broken. Hopefully someone can figure out what the API command should be for that soon, and I’ll update the code.

Thanks, let me know if there is anything I can do to help/test

THANK YOU very much for the hard work you put in to making the MyQ garage door openers work again!

To those having a login error - I was having the same issue - you need to update the MyQ Smart App as well. The first time I checked, I had the 2017 version of the MyQ Smart App - I knew it was old when I went to update info on Classic SmartThings app and could not find the “Modify Devices” section mentioned above. You can update your smart app like you would a device handler.

The next thing I noticed - I had a a custom name for my MyQ opener, I was using “Garage Door” - the update put a “MyQ” garage door opener thing in my list, and was only recognizing that in the modify devices section of the smart app. Once I was done with the smart app setup, I just went to the old thing name “Garage Door” and changed all of my connected smart apps to “MyQ” thing then deleted “Garage Door” thing. Then of course went to Dashboard, removed the “Garage Door” button and added the “MyQ” button. Everything is working great now!!

1 Like