[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

first thx a million for the app
I have 2 garages

• big garage has tilt sensor and works well with webcore
  • small garage uses the no-sensor version, I’m not sure if it can be integrated to webcore, I tried adding open garage door, also tried turn on garage door opener and didn’t work
    do I need the tilt sensor in order to use my small garage with webcore?
    Thx

Technically, no, but there’s something in webCoRE where you need to specify you want the current door status ignored (or optimization disabled or something like that). Otherwise, it will behave like routines where if it doesn’t know the door is closed, it will not actually send an open command.

What I would suggest is in the SmartApp setup for the small door, choose the option to generate push buttons for open/close. Then you can use those buttons in your automations, which is a lot more straightforward.

1 Like

I didn’t find that option in WebCore somehow!!
I do have the push button for open/close, you mean the one called: “garage name” opener and “garage name” closer, I did integrate them into webcore by adding
turn on “garage name” opener or Turn on “garage name” closer but it didn’t trigger anything, unless I still need to locate that option in webcore that I need to deactivate the door status ignored

Thanks again

It was working for me untill a few days ago. I tried to re-install it but when I get to the last page I get a blank screen and if I hit save I get an error. What should I do?

This should work without needing to do anything else. They are simple push-button switches. Maybe try to just push them in the SmartThings app on the “things” screen and see if it correctly opens or closes your door. If not, check what’s happening in the IDE live logging while you do it.

If you didn’t already as part of trying to reinstall, make sure you update to the latest version of the code. If you’ve grabbed the latest code, open the IDE live logging while trying to use it and see what error pops up.

First thanks for all the work on this. I’ve got everything installed I can open the garage door using the Momentary button and close it using the button but I am having the same issue as adrian97c was, it doesn’t work in the main app. Another issue is the lock status is remaining unknown. I have a tilt sensor installed when the garage opens using the momentary button in the main app it shows open.

Here’s what live logging is showing for the lock polling:

c263ebc1-67bc-400b-9b99-63d2808db5cd 9:28:38 PM: debug Status of locks returning::: [baseUrl:https://d3azp77rte0gip.cloudfront.net/smartapps/0432afb5-dfd7-49bb-a3ea-d2801a4acf9d/, locksInfo:[[appId:17d12f12-45c4-4324-8e17-1cd38405d312, status:locked, lockName:Back Gate], [appId:534a60b7-3c33-4fde-880f-0980a8c41a72, status:locked, lockName:Front Door], [appId:c6332d5c-7913-44cf-bba6-6cb881a09689, status:unknown, lockName:Garage]]]

Thanks in advance

thank you for your reply. Here is what I see in live logging:
error org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute JDBC batch update; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [insert into device (version, completed_setup, component_label, component_name, date_created, device_network_id, error_state, firmware_version_id, group_id, handler_version, hub_id, is_component, join_fingerprint_id, label, last_updated, location_id, name, parent_device_id, parent_smart_app_id, previous_handler, previous_zigbee_id, primary_tile_name, profile_id, profile_type, protocol_connection, raw_description, sort_order, type_id, virtual_smart_app_id, zigbee_id, id) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; SQL state [HY000]; error code [1366]; (conn=2280269) Incorrect string value: ‘\xF0\x9F\xA6\x81’ for column ‘name’ at row 1; nested exception is java.sql.BatchUpdateException: (conn=2280269) Incorrect string value: ‘\xF0\x9F\xA6\x81’ for column ‘name’ at row 1 @line 360 (createChilDevices)

What other messages are in the logs around that one? Also, does your garage door have a weird name or special characters in it?

Thank you for your help with this issue. After you mentioned the special character I realized that I accidentally added one and after I removed it the app worked. Thanks again.

Awesome - glad I could help.

Does this work in the new SmartThings App ?

No, not yet. Classic app only.

Brian
I’ve have been using your MyQ Lite app for quite some time. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Recently I’ve been setting up an old android tablet to serve as user interface for my home. I’m using Home Remote. I noticed that Home Remote has an interface for MyQ and in their interface they have access to the door state. I was thinking that it is strange they they can access it and ST cannot. The home remote is a free/shareware app and there are no subscription fees. Perhaps there is someone there that would share a tip on MyQ that would allow MyQ lite to directly access the door state.

There’s a long history involved here, but the short version is that MyQ and ST do not have an official integration due to some kind of business constraints. Originally, this integration allowed polling to get the door status, but that was disabled by MyQ/ST. As a workaround, we use sensors with this.

I’ve got the same issue as others here (I went back through the thread a bit) my garage door opener no longer works in S.T. It’s stuck on “opening”. I checked the S.T. IDE webpage and my garage door opener is listed as “inactive”

switch: off
door: opening
lastActivity: 02/1/2019 08:41 AM
doorSensor: Garage Door Sensor is closed
OpenButton: normal
CloseButton: normal

However, I still get S.T. alerts when the garage door opener is opened/closed. So I’m kind of at a loss here…

Have you updated the SmartApp/Device handler code recently? First suggestion is to make sure you’re on the latest stuff.

Yes sir, first thing I’ve done was to update everything from GitHub

Second suggestion would be to open up the SmartApp setup and tap through it again.

Ran the setup again. Login credentials were blank for whatever reason. Logged back in, set everything up. I’ve got two garage door openers now listed in S.T. So we will see what happens.

Thanks

1 Like