[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

That fixed my issues of not being able to control the doors from the My Home screen. It also fixed the issue with my webCoRE piston. Now I can tap them and they as they should. Thank you!

1 Like

I have had the new device handler installed for 1.5 hours now and it hasnā€™t gone unavailable. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:frowning_face: Iā€™m not sure what to doā€¦? Iā€™ve run the Z-Wave Repair Utility 3 times in hopes of solving this, but it doesnā€™t appear to help. This morning when they were unavailable I went to each device and operated it and it resolved the issue. Thatā€™a not the case now.

Do you have Device Health turned on? If so, could you try turning that off? I have no idea what ā€œUnavailableā€ really means in the classic app anyway.

What does it look like if you click on one of those Unavailable doors?

• Yes, I have device health turned on. Iā€™ll turn it off

• When I click on it, it appears as usual but has a grey bar across the top that says itā€™s unavailable. It still seems to operate.

I went in to take a screen shot for you and now they are all ā€œavailableā€? I donā€™t know enough about ST to give you much to go onā€¦ All I know is everything was great after the new DH this morning. There was a funky instance that appeared to be widespread in the community where I couldnā€™t view my devices for about 30 minutes. Everything appeared fine after that, then when I opened ST I was greeted with ā€œunavailableā€ again for two doors. Now, (one hour later) all is good againā€¦

My GD is unavailable again. :frowning:

Just feedback: Woke up this morning and I still have all of my doors. Device health has been off since last night at Brianā€™s recommendation.

1 Like

Sorry you guys are having trouble. I hate that I canā€™t reproduce on my end.

At @storageanarchyā€™s suggestion, I just pushed another small update to the device handler to try and resolve the ā€œunavailableā€ issue. Iā€™m about 98% sure itā€™s caused by me adding the ā€œHealth Checkā€ capability to the handlers, and something related to that isnā€™t working correctly. It was one of the things I added to improve support for the new ST app, but if it keeps causing trouble for people, Iā€™ll just remove it altogether until I get it sorted out.

I still appear to be OK at this point on my end. Will it be of any assistance if I stay on the current version with health off and report status?

IMHO, and as a collaborator of Brianā€™s on MyQ Lite, it would be great if you could get Brianā€™s latest and then re-enable Health Check. You can always disable Health Check if it still doesnā€™t work. If you do try the new version, just let Brian know if it does or doesnā€™t work.

Sorry for the delayed response - family arrived todayā€¦

OK, Iā€™ll get the DH upgraded to the latest and see what happens with device health turned on. Iā€™ll report my results.

For the record - I am currently having no issues and everything seems flawless from the last update since I turned health off.

1 Like

I just updated the DH and turned on device health. As soon as I opened ST, this is what I had:

I included a screenshot of the device itself this timeā€¦ I turned device health off and the unavailable went away. The doors are operating.

It would be great if you could turn on Device Health again after you have had the new code installed for a few hours. Than open and close the doors, and then wait for another 3 hours - and THEN check if they are still marked as bad.

I know, that can sound silly, but the way that device health works, it can take a bit to get things synchronized for devices that otherwise Report no activity for 12-24 hours.

Ok, Itā€™s on now. All doors were unavailable. I went into each device and operated it, as soon as I did they all became ā€œavailableā€. Iā€™ll monitor status through the day and report back.

Alright, I did some more digging into this today, and it looks like the health check capability is just not quite ready for 3rd party apps like this one. I have removed it for now and pushed new versions of the handlers. Could you update your code and see if that helps?

1 Like

Updated DH per your request. For what itā€™s worth I had two doors showing UNAVAILABLE again before I didā€¦
Thanks to all for the ideas, persistence, and hard work. Iā€™ll report my results. All (5) doors appear to be working now.

Iā€™m having trouble with my doors responding today. I donā€™t know if itā€™s the new DH (installed last night) or an issue with the MyQ server. Itā€™s taking several attempts to get the doors to operate. Nothing consistent.

Iā€™m thinking there were some MyQ issues. Initial indications this morning appear everything is back to 100% operational.

1 Like

Just wanted to drop a line in and say great work! Easy install and working great! This is coming from a day-2 user of Smartthings.

2 Likes

Thank you for this, I purchased it on Black Friday not realizing that it doesnā€™t have native z-wave support like some of the other devices out there. I ended up buying the Smartthings multipurpose sensor a couple of days later after I installed it and realized it wouldnā€™t all work together and now things seem to be working good with IFTTT/Assistant. I have a couple of questions:

The Smartthings tilt sensor seems to be polling like crazy and itā€™s draining the battery (7% since last night). Is this normal? Any idea on whatā€™s going with it?