[RELEASE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

smartapp_garage

(Brian) #1304

A few people have run into this lately. The only way I know to fix it is to uninstall the SmartApp and reinstall. Before you do that, though, you need to go to the door device in “Things” on the mobile app and then force-remove it so it gets removed from all routines and other SmartApps.

(Jim Wilder) #1305

I followed the MyQ Lite instructions and did everything on the list – adding the four handlers and the SmartApp. However, on my S9+, my SmartThings mobile app does not have the menu option in Automations for myapps. Does my mobile have a newer version that means I have to do this elsewhere?

(Scott Ainsworth) #1306

Are you using the device with your main account on it. I have had problems adding apps from myapps on my secondary device.

(Jim Wilder) #1307

Yes. I was able to see the devices show up on my smartphone only after going into the simulations and trying things. I still have found no menu for “Automation” I only see “Automations” on my mobile app and that has more of an if-than-that interface and no submenu for my apps. I will continue to guess, but the instructions seem to be out of date at this point.

(jkp) #1308

If the app you are using has 6 circles on the app logo, then you are using the new SmartThings (Samsung Connect) app. Custom code does not work with it at this point. You will need to install the SmartThings Classic app on your mobile device, which has one large circle for the logo.

(Jim Wilder) #1309

That’s exactly what I have… new S9…new app comes pre-loaded… i will down the classic to see if i can make it work… thanks for your time…

someone might want to update the instructions with that little tidbit as more newbies will have the new app.

I’m a bit confused on the optional sensors … Is there functionality that requires/prefers having both a tilt sensor and a multi-sensor? Or can all features be accomplished with either one of them … or a specific one vs the other?

The readme seems to imply they both do largely the same thing - should I have both, or should I prefer one over the other?

(Brian) #1311

Either one is fine - what matters is the ability of a sensor to act as a “contact sensor” to know if the door is open or closed. There is extra optional functionality in the app that uses an accelerometer capability to try and add more precise status on if the door is moving or not, but I’d honestly consider a “beta” feature that I’ve not deeply tested.

ok thanks. I installed and tried to use the Aeotec Multisensor 6 but I cannot select it in the myQ smart app when I’m trying to setup my garage door opener. I did confirm it appears to accurately reflect movement / etc when the door is moving, but the smartapp apparently doesn’t support this sort of multi-sensor. Is there anyway to use the above sensor?

I do also have a “Z-waveGarage Door Tilt Sensor, (TILT-ZWAVE2.5-ECO)” if the multi-sensor wont work, but I’m not sure if the tilt sensor will show up as a ‘contact sensor’ or not (as the app seems to want)

(Chris) #1313

I have MyQ Lite up and running without sensors. I now want to add senors. It looks like I can do this via the SmartApp. Should I do this, or should I uninstall everything and start over?

(Brian) #1314

You should be able to just add them in the SmartApp, and it will automatically switch over to the sensor version of the door.

Hi Brian,

How would I go about creating an alert (email, push notification, sms, etc) when a door is open for more than x minutes?

Thanks!

(Rich) #1316

I set that up in my chamberlain app for the my Q for 20 minutes. I set it up this way, before I had a smartthings hub… hasnt failed me yet.

(Brian) #1317

I use Smart Home Monitor for this. You can set up a custom alert including if leaving a door open. I have mine alert me if the door is open for X minutes when my hub status is “away” or if it’s past a certain time in the evening.

@Brain — Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

@Rich — I totally forgot about Alerts in the MyQ app.

(Chris) #1320

Thanks … and then I can just delete the contact virtual buttons that were created?

(Brian) #1321

Yep. Or if you just uncheck that option in the SmartApp setup, it should delete them automatically.

(Chris) #1322

Worked perfectly! Very impressive.

(Adrian) #1323

Will this intergration work for the new Craftsman 57918?

https://m.sears.com/craftsman-57918-1-horsepower-diehard-174-battery/p-00957918000P

It’s a rebranded chamberlain, but uses this app:

(Brian) #1324

I’m not 100% sure on that, but I think so? Would need someone who actually has a Craftsman door with that app to confirm.