[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Iā€™m guessing you donā€™t have a tilt/contact sensor on your door? Without that, SmartThings doesnā€™t know the doorā€™s status, and that causes the open/close commands to not fire in routines. You can either add a sensor to the door or else recreate the same automation with CORE with ā€œstatus optimizationā€ disabled.

1 Like

Yes, that would be my phone

OK, that makes sense. You are correct, I do not have the tilt/contact sensor on the door. Can I do this with a regular door/window contact sensor? Then I would need to check to make sure the door is closed before performing the open function.

I finally got MyQ installed today while my Internet was down, after 3 years of owning MyQ but never put it to use. Motivation was because of SmartThings integration for notification since Iā€™ve been building up recently. As others pointed out, SmartThings Classic (for Android) works well with this SmartApp, but the newest SmartThings app does not. I was trying to install the SmartApp and configure it in the new SmartThings app, but it does not have any options to complete the setup. Must use SmartThings Classic app to finish up the setup. After that, everything works. Just now waiting for the new SmartThings app to be compatible with this SmartApp. Thanks for the SmartApp @brbeaird :slight_smile:

At this point, no custom code works in the new ST app. So the best recommendation is to continue using the ST Classic app as you have discovered.

Iā€™m having a problem with Myq Lite. It stopped working early this week. When I go to the SmartApp and enter my credentials for MyQ, it says, ā€œcould not find any supported devices. Please report to author about these devices.ā€

Iā€™ve not changed a thing. Ideas?

Does it work from your Chamberlain MyQ app? Have you tried power cycling the MyQ device? :slight_smile:

When is the last time you updated your SmartApp code? Can you make sure youā€™ve got the latest version?

1 Like

Yes to both. Thx

looked for updates this morning but there was nothing to update. Local copy and github copy are identical.

I was on mobile earlier. Let me elaborate:

I can open the door from the Chamberlain MyQ App and I power cycled the opener.

Last Updated : 11/28/2017

• SmartApp version: 2.0.3*
  • Door device version: 2.1.2*

I deleted the SmartApp and Device handlers. Reinstalled, and it is magically working again.

1 Like

Where did you find those versions app and device?

GitHub only has 2.0.0 and 2.1.0. Any help would be great

My door stopped working also earlier this week

Mine is also stopped working as well. Something is going on with MyQ probably. It works occasionally.

Honestly, I donā€™t know now as Iā€™ve completely uninstalled and reinstalled.

Iā€™m having an issue where smartthings is not accurately depicting the proper status of my myq garage doors. I have an alert that texts me if the garage doors are open when there no one is home. Itā€™s sending me this message and is opened in smartthings but the MYQ app correctly shows them as closed.

Same problem here, not working all of a sudden, everything was fine for a long time. Something changed in Smart things. I have tried reloading and reinstalling the program on IDE and phone no luck here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I assume youā€™ve got a contact or tilt sensor? If thatā€™s the case, this app just mirrors whatever state SmartThings sees the sensor.