[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

This thread is awesome thanks so much.

Extremely new to anything software/coding related. I followed the steps and I think I have the same issue as the guy tim steele back in 2016. When I ask alexa to “trigger open garage door”, it doesn’t open it. I don’t have a contact sensor. I have an external gateway, smartthings, and alexa. Do I need to update code? I followed the instruction and installed 2 days ago, but I see people have been adding to it. Thanks in advance!

Alexa doesn’t handle “open” commands for doors. Also, if you don’t have a contact sensor, the only devices that will be Alexa-enabled will the push-button switches. So you’ll need to say something like “Alexa, turn on garage-opener” or “Alexa, turn on garage closer.” But you can then set up a routine inside the Alexa app so you could have a shortcut of “Alexa, open the garage” that will then translate that to the longer version I typed above.

Anyone started having issues with this? In the last two days, its stopped working for me. It sits on a VM that is untouched. When I load it up, it is now just sitting at “Config Loaded”. I can try to sign into the app on my phone and I see ping and pong on the server… But then I get an error on the app. Not sure if this is because maybe chamberlain has blocked something, maybe samsung, etc?

Mine is working. Have you made sure the smartapp is up-to-date?

I checked it and it is up to date. It is quite odd, U can still open/close the garage doors in smartthings but the status does not update (open/closed) and it does not update on the server. Last time it shows to have reported anything was Mar 1 in the morning. Kinda at a loss.

Possible that the battery died on your sensor.

No sensor in my setup.

Interestingly, Samsung had an outage the day this stopped working. I email them about my routines and since, the did ‘something’, its not working.

I’m not quite following here. Are you running @aromka’s node server setup for getting the status? If that’s the case, it would be something between your local network and Chamberlain since that piece doesn’t involve SmartThings/Samsung at all.

Hey. Yes, I am running @aromka’s setup. Good point. This is all I am seeing.

Capture

The ping / pong is when I try to log in through the app. It does give an error. Sometimes it says “Sorry, but there was an unexpected error”

.126 is the hub. The smartapp is configured to point to the vm running the node. Nothing has changed so I dunno whats up.

I republished the smartapp and devices and its working again. odd.

I just published the github code to my smartthings hub. This works great on the smartthings app but I am unable to get alexa to discover it. Any thoughts?

Alexa will either discover:

1.) A switch device for the door if you’re using the sensor version of the SmartApp
2.) Open and close push button switch devices for the door if you’re not using switches (and you made sure to check the option to generate those buttons in the SmartApp setup)

If you’re not using switches, did you make sure to get the push buttons?

Thanks for replying, I did ensure to select generate push buttons within the SmartApp setup. I just re-tried the setup multiple times and still Alexa app says No New Devices Found.

I am use the No Sensor version.

You first need to open the Amazon Alexa SmartApp in Automation/SmartApps and select the Garage Door, and/or the Opener/Closer Push buttons as Switches before Alexa will be able to discover them.

I figured out my issue, i did not have the tile handler published. oops!

1 Like

I’m having an issue with the MyQ lite app. Anyone have an idea to help me fix it…

Did it work for you before or is this a brand new installation? Do you have the latest version of the SmartApp installed? That error is most often a result of an update on the MyQ side of things that breaks older versions of the SmartApp.

Thanks for the quick reply Brian! I’ve had the MyQ lite for a few months but suddenly it started giving me this error. I haven’t updated the SmartApp since I started so I should probably start there if you think that might be the issue.

1 Like

Updated and now works…thank you!

This worked fantastically for me. Thanks a ton!

1 Like