[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

This is the exact device that you are supposed to be using.

The Contact Sensor and Tilt sensor has to be a device already added in ST, such as an ecolink tilt sensor or an St multi purpose sensor setup as a garage door or a standard open/close. This sensor helps the MyQ Lite keep open/closed in sync with the actual Garage door because no polling is performed against the Chamberlain device from their site.

If you do not have a sensor to be able to do this, then install the No Sensor version of the app. However, if you use that, your garage door isn’t going to read the correct open/closed values without using an additional sensor. Just FYI.

2 Likes

Is anyone having issues currently with the app? I just tested it and its not opening/closing. Using the separate MyQ app it works fine.

This is what I’m seeing in the log:

9‎:‎01‎:‎43‎ ‎PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Internal Server Error
9‎:‎01‎:‎42‎ ‎PM: debug got login response: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseDecorator@d8260d3
9‎:‎01‎:‎41‎ ‎PM: debug Closing door.
9‎:‎01‎:‎41‎ ‎PM: debug Door close button push detected: Event name momentary value: pushed deviceID: XXX
9‎:‎00‎:‎08‎ ‎PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Internal Server Error
9‎:‎00‎:‎07‎ ‎PM: debug Opening door.
9‎:‎00‎:‎07‎ ‎PM: debug Door open button push detected: Event name momentary value: pushed deviceID: XXX

So the link between MyQLite and Liftmaster seems to be breaking. This makes 2 days in a row I’ve set it up and could open/close in ST and the next day couldn’t. My log looks similar to @japhule’s

This is on a new opener install. My old opener never had an issue.

Edit: I just tried completely removing the device and instance of MyQLite and reinstalling. Everything paired and installed right, we’ll see if it sticks.

Thanks for the reply. So I have sensors, but they are the My-Q branded tilt sensors. Are those able to be used with this? I’m unsure how I would go about adding the sensors to SmartThings. The system works currently with the My-Q Hub, and the My-Q sensors, but my goal is to integrate them into my SmartThings app so I don’t need to use the separate My-Q app anymore.

The MyQ Door sensor that comes with the MyQ needs to be installed on the door, but that’s not what these additional sensors are used for.

Think of the MyQ Door sensor as the actual Garage door. That sensor reports open closed on the garage door as part of the MyQ Lite install but you don’t select that sensor anywhere. The additional sensor that you add along side would be an existing ST open/close sensor or a tilt sensor.

And if you don’t have an additional sensor to add to SmartThings (not the MyQ door sensors), then you need to install the other code in IDE for No Sensor. But if you install that version, when you open your garage door, the door will show opening and never report open, because it doesn’t poll against Chamberlain anymore. That’s what having the additional ST sensor installed alongside your MyQ does is to sync the open/close status.

1 Like

Looks like the MyQ servers are responding to your account with an error for some reason. Have you updated to the most recent version of the SmartApp?

1 Like

Thanks for the app and the instructions! Working well so far.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me understand all of that. Guess it would have been nice to have used something different all together, but I’ve had the My-Q setup for at least 2 years so it won’t be so bad if I need to grab a few more tilt sensors. I’m going to try it for now without the sensors and see how it works, then maybe mix in a tilt sensor at a later time. Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks. Updating the app seems to have fixed my issue.

1 Like

I have this MyQ device and sensor:

But when I install this code, it doesnt show the sensor in the listed area. Its all grayed out. How would I get this to work?

If you are talking about the Contact Sensor / Tilt Sensor fields, those are not for the MyQ Door Sensor. That’s for a separate sensor (ie: ecolink tilt sensor, St Multipurpose sensor) that you already have added in Things. This sensor will sync with your MyQ Sensor to appropriately show open/closed status appropriately.

If you don’t have or want to use one of these additional sensors, then you need to install the no sensor code but you won’t be able to get synced open/closed status. More than likely the Garage door will report Opening or Closing and that’s it.

Here’s my post to someone else 3 days ago:

Node is getting hung up on "getting device list . . . " Everything seems to be running fine, but is stuck on this step. No devices are being created.

Anyone have any ideas?

hi all - this integration stopped working for me yesterday, after working great for the past 6 months. The smartapp suddenly reports that it “cant find any compatible devices” and the doors no longer function through smartthings. I am able to control the doors using the liftmaster app, and my username/password hasnt changed. Is this happening to anyone else?

Have you updated to the most recent version of the SmartApp?

1 Like

I just did, and the issue is resolved! Gracias!

2 Likes

Can I use any ST compatible contact sensor for this? I’m looking at this sensor right now. Cheap enough and says it works with ST.

in my opinion, you should pay $10 extra and get a device that is more reliable than the visonic

Hi all, new to samrtthings here! Just ordered the hub from the US (I’m living north of the border) and waiting to arrive to my front door next week.:grin:

Really glad to see MyQ is supported through SmartApp and DTH as I have a MyQ garage door opener, just going to get a multi-sensor to add status update on the garage door. Any idea on how I should put the sensor on the door?

I know this would be a dumb question but I’m confused on how you can utilize the second part of the sonsor(the other smaller part of the sensor, to detect door/window opening) since you don’t necessarily put that on the garage door right? And I’ve read the code description that the SmartApp is just utilizing the accelerometer component of the multi sensor, so I would assume that we don’t need the other part of the sensor to be installed for garage door? And if I don’t use the second part I guess smartthings would just alert me the sensor detects opening always??

Thanks in advance for your help!

This was great. Got the MyQ working in no time.

Any way to make Alexa work as well? She’s telling me it’s an unsupported device. A year ago it worked just fine for opening and closing the garage door. Thoughts?

Thx.