[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

@brbeaird, I was able to get some logs clicking around inside the MyQ app, however the app I was using wasn’t able to capture the actual login packets (the app would give an error and wouldn’t let me log in). When I logged in and THEN turned on the packet capturing, I was able to get some recorded data. I’m not sure if that would be of any help to you in debugging this, or if the initial login/auth calls are the required pieces. If you would like to see what I have, I can send the files to you. However, if what I have isn’t relevant to you, no worries (and hopefully you or another dev somewhere will be able to figure out another workaround!)

This turn of events did prompt me to buy a Linear/GoControl GD00Z-04, since I’d rather not be at the whim of a crappy company that actively wants to block users (and not offer a comparable integration themselves). I would PREFER using the MyQ integration since it seems the GoControl unit has a weak relay that don’t last very long, but at least I’ll be able to maintain functionality. Here’s to hoping that we’re able to eventually get this app working again! If you do want the logs I do have (or need other info to help debug), I’d gladly continue providing what I can.

Thanks!

Sure, send me what you’ve got. I’ve been trying to get logs from my iPhone, but the app is locked down tight and won’t even bother connecting if it suspects I’m trying to listen in via proxy.

I’ve scoured the Internet to find any other developer out there who has written similar integrations with the API. At least one responded to me saying his account is still working fine. I think the biggest challenge right now is that it’s not affecting ALL user accounts yet. Until it becomes even more widespread, this may take awhile for me us to figure out.

I believe I’ve got this fixed. I just pushed a new version to github. If you’ve been having issues, give this new version a try and see if it picks up your doors now.

A developer on another site pointed me in the right direction to add security token to the header instead of just the URL like we’ve been doing forever. I’d give a shout out to him, but he seemed to disappear after our conversation, and I’m not sure he really wants the attention.

I believe MyQ wants to make money with home automation:

https://myqservices.com/subscription/plans/28457a37-026b-4421-a3d2-1c10cba2ae35

Is this premium subscription thing something new?

The new update has fixed the issue for me at least thanks @brbeaird

1 Like

That worked! Thank you.

1 Like

Also worked for me. Thanks.

1 Like

@brbeaird Does this work with the new MyQ homebridge or is it limited to the gateways? I have one of the homebridges and followed all your steps, but when I go through the smartapp setup it does not find any compatible devices/openers. Thanks!

It should as far as I know. Maybe try renaming the door in the MyQ app and trying again (not sure why but sometimes that works). If that doesn’t work, post your logs from the IDE when you’re trying to install the SmartApp so I can see exactly what response the MyQ API is giving.

Also, make sure you’re using the latest code I just updated over the weekend.

1 Like

That worked! Thanks!

1 Like

They launched it a couple months ago I think. It has not exactly been received well as far as I can tell…

When I read about those options to add IFTTT and Google Home support as premium services, I thought they were joking. No one else charges for those options, I said to myself “Good luck with that!” Your solution works just as well and doesn’t cost us a dime. Like it should be.

This app has been amazing but I think Liftmaster’s announcement with Homekit is starting to take its toll. I lost total control of my garage door through the MyQ lite app this evening. I tried updating my Liftmaster credentals and it still won’t let me authorize. I get a “could not any supported device(s). Please report to author about these devices [].” When I try to update my credit credentials in the SmartApp.

Any ideas?

There was a new version of the app that was pushed out this weekend that addressed an issue where some users lost control of their systems - did you update it in IDE?

1 Like

Thanks @jkp I just saw the update this morning from @brbeaird . I just updated the IDE with his updated code and was able to authenticate the door and we’re back up and running. Woo hoo! Thank you both.

Question - I just got the Chamberlain MyQ Garage. It came with a mount door sensor. Should I use the sensor version or the non? Reason I ask is the sensor version acts as if there is no sensor. I’m confused if the sensor version is for the sensor included or if there needs to be another purchased. Thanks!!

I think I answered my own question - its without sensor. At least I was able to create and it shows up in Smartthings

The included sensor only works with MyQ, and SmartThings can’t connect to it. If you want to use the sensor version, you’ll need a separate SmartThings-compatible sensor.

I keep getting an error message that says contact app developer can someone help me

The error message I get is cannot save unnamed page