[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

As far as the light control with this app what exactly are you talking about that it controls? Is it the light on the garage door opener or is it just to add a switch in SmartThings to control a smart bulb or something?

It’s actually referring to a separate “Lamp Module” that you can plug stuff into. I went ahead and renamed this thread as “Lamp Control” to try and clarify that.

Please take me off the e-mail reply list.

Thank you.

Jeff Jaslow

Jeff–you can disable notification by clicking the “Tracking” button below this thread.

Noob here, but I’m getting the same issue. Just finished publishing the device handlers and smartapp, but after setting it up in Smartthings, I’m not getting any connection to MyQ. Is there any issue with the newest commit?

Not that I’m aware of. Are you saying the Open/Close buttons on the device don’t work as well as the opener/closer momentary push buttons? Can you open your live logging to see if anything is happening?

I too am getting the same issue, Installed manual, not with GitHub integration. Motion detection shows up and works as a thing but open and closed looks just like Maymad’s picture and does not function when pressed.

Motion detection? Not quite following what you mean

Maymad’s screenshot looks normal to me. You’re saying nothing happens when you tap Open or Close on that screen?

I assume everyone having trouble is using the app with no sensor - let me know if that’s incorrect.

I’ll test mine when I get home.

I’ll check when I get home, but yes, I’m running with no sensor as well. Nothing happens when I press open or close on the same screen as Maymad. The buttons on the screen are completely non-responsive.

No sensor here and mine is working. Just tried open and close using the main device and via the momentary push buttons. All works.

1 Like

Hey Brian, I must have done something dumb when setting it up the first time. Everything seems to be working now. Thanks for all your hard work!

1 Like

@scott_simmons and @RWK - I tested mine, and everything is working as expected. I’m not exactly what’s going on with yours. You can try viewing the live logging while you try to tap the open/close button on the door device to see what’s happening. You may also try just deleting everything and starting over.

Thx for the fix. Its resolved now.

Mine stopped working bcos I was always using the the open/close buttons on the screen-shot below , which was working fine until recently.

I had to redo the entire set-up with the Momentary Tile button & got it working now.

Is there any way to re-activate the open/close buttons on the screen-shot as well so it can be used without the momentary Tile button.

Also , Is it possible to configure a button to retrieve the current status of the garage door whether its open/close , so that you can take the necessary action based on the response

I just pushed out an updated version of the No-Sensor door type. The open/close buttons have been redesigned to behave more like real interactive buttons. @maymad - give that a try and see what happens now when you push them.

Possibly. I have considered adding a manual refresh button but have been hesitant because I have been avoiding any use of the MyQ status call because that’s what got the last version of this app killed. As long as it wasn’t automatically scheduled, it would probably be fine
I’ll think about it. Getting a sensor on the door is going to be the best way to go, though.

1 Like

I just gave this a try. Works here.

Thanks

All - I am successfully using this app to control my doors and in reading the readme file it looks like Alexa integration should happen as part of the app installation. Is this true? If so I am not sure why Alexa isn’t seeing the doors. Any ideas?

It’s similar to getting any other new SmartThings device picked up by Alexa. After you install this SmartApp and get your door device created, you can then open your Alexa app and have it do a device discovery. That should pick your door(s) up and enable Alexa control.

Thanks Brian - tried that and it doesn’t recognize them. It only shows the routines I have associated with them.

Thx for providing the integrated buttons. It works well and provides a cleaner look.

1 Like

Just wanted to reply and say Thank You for your efforts. Worked like a charm.

1 Like