[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

I’ve seen weird behavior of the colors/statuses before. I’d say give it an hour or two and see if those turn black on their own.

1 Like

How are people mounting the Smartthings MutiSensor, I have a few I am going to try to use today.Also does the MyQ Gateway handle more than 1 garage door opener? I have 2 of them.

Yes, the gateway can handle multiple doors. I have 2 myself.

1 Like

I have my multisensor mounted vertically with the “line” on left side. The sensor is mounted midway up the door on the left-hand side which is the closest to the hub. @brbeaird has done a great job with the lite handler, it works very well with Alexa, Google Assistant, the presence sensors in our cars and the ST app. Thanks very much for the solve!

1 Like

I am using an ST Multi-Sensor set up for use on a garage door in the sensor configuration with no issues. It uses the 3-axis instead of contact that way. It also gives me a redundancy check on the door if MyQ changes up their system breaking this app/handler and ST integration instead of using the no-sensor version. When it happens, @brbeaird normally has it fixed quickly :thumbsup:. I have it 3-M tapped right under the Chamberlain MyQ axis sensor on the top panel of my door.

Thanks! Now is the axis me sensor required or did you not have a MyQ ready door?

My MyQ Lite stopped functioning about a month ago. What is required to update the code to the latest version and will that fix the issue?

The MyQ sensor came with the gateway. My door was a “dumb” crafstman to start and that part runs the Chamberlain control for me.

See the top entry on this thread for installation. If you were using the MyQ lite then update the code in the IDE manually or via GitHub. Then step through the configuration and you should be back in operation. Chamberlain changed something that broke the integration around 1 month ago if you scroll up the thread.

1 Like

So I got everything installed & all looks good but I can not open or close my doors. Using a Smartthings Multisensor, app says to use the no sensor device handler but I just get Blue open and close buttons. Any tips?

You will want the other handler when using a sensor. You can skip the install of the no sensor version. Take a look at the manual instructions here: https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ

Set the multi up to be used as garage door control.

Then follow the instuctions in the githib link above. Install the DH and App then setup the app by entering your MyQ login info and control type, then select your door as setup in MyQ, select the sensor you are using on the door. I did not select to use the bottons when I set mone up.

The controls for the door should be green. They have not been changed to the new blue that they are switching everything too.

When I select the sensor handler and go in the app to set it up it tells me I need to use the non-sensor version. That’s where I am puzzled. UPDATE - so if I select contact sensor it works, but if I select Acceleration sensor it does not. All works now though! Thanks for the help, picked up the hub w/ sensor at Walmart for $50 on clearance.

Sorry, should have added that for you. There is a support article somewhere on using the multi for garage door. Glad you got it working.

1 Like

Since this fix, using the IFTTT triggers for virtual sensors has worked VERY WELL!!

It was a bit spotty before this change, but the last couple days have been completely reflected.

Props again to @kurtsanders for suggesting it!

2 Likes

This fixed the problems I was having with inconsistent statuses! Thanks!

1 Like

I have deleted the Devices & Smartapp & re-created & set-up everything from the latest code , but the push buttons for open/close still do not work. Im using no-sensor code for Craftsman doors. Pls let me know if I missed anything. It was working fine a month ago.

Hmm…Do you see anything in your live logging when the buttons are pressed? And do the open/close buttons on the door device itself work ok?

The buttons on the garage door & remotes work.However in the app nothing happens.
I dont know how can I see the live logging. Let me check how its done.

Ok , There was nothing in the live logging , but I went to each device & clicked on list events - nothing has been recorded

This is awesome! Quick question. Is this how the devices should look? I went the door without the sensor.