[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

That said, I have updated my device handler and smart app and it’s working again for me… Just thought I would pass that on…

Works thanks.

1 Like

Mine is working now too. Thanks much!

2 Likes

Awesome it works again, thank u so much Brian!!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick work @brbeaird. Donation sent!

1 Like

If you guys don’t tell them, I won’t. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mine is down

@brbeaird. Thanks for developing and maintaining the MyQ Lite. Donation is on the way. I was able to install it after the fix to the endpoint.

I was curious, I used the other MYQ version before and it was able to detect open/close state without a sensor. I have 3 doors below and was hoping to avoid the outlay of more contact sensors. Was this feature lost in the MYQ Lite or the API since the Craftsman website can tell me the open/close state?

Yep, the old version used to poll the MyQ servers every few minutes to get the status. Chamberlain decided they didn’t like that much traffic hitting their servers, so they worked with SmartThings to kill that polling functionality. When they did that, I created this version which uses a sensor instead of trying to poll.

Have you updated to the newest app code?

Yes. I have your new version installed and your Github repository defined for watching for any new updates.

From Sears/Liftmaster, I can see their disadvantage of hundreds of devices polling their servers to obtain the current status of the garage doors. But I guess that means that the MyQ Lite does not get any door status updates when one opens the garage door from the Sears keypad? Hence the need for a secondary device to provide status to ST.

Curious, is the polling for status limited by ST by the URL that is being used and sent by their servers?

I am also wondering how interested ST engineering is :smiling_imp: with developing an integrated garage door app since this would cut out the need for one of their contact or motion devices to monitor door status.

My thoughts exactly! :slight_smile:

Sorry, I was actually asking Dieseljim if he had the newest code since he said his was down.

But yes, you are correct that MyQ Lite can’t get door status if you manually open the door from the wall button or remote unless you have a separate SmartThings-capable sensor on the door.

The polling limitation seems to be limited strictly to certain SmartThings apps. There are several other integrations around the Internet where people have their own setups that still do polling; the difference is those solutions have not gotten as popular as the old SmartThings app, so Chamberlain hasn’t moved to block those (yet). Most of those solutions also involve traffic coming from each user’s own house rather than everything come from a centralized SmartThings server.

As for whether or not ST engineering still considers an official MyQ integration a priority, I doubt the need for a motion sensor on the door makes any difference - a lot of people (like me) don’t even use the SmartThings-branded sensors, so they’re not making any extra money from it.

1 Like

Noob here and i just wanted to see if someone could give me some quick advice (i havent had a chance to read through everything yet). Just replaced my garage door, have the liftmaster 8500 with wall control. the guy left me the 828LM for my q. I used to have a zwave go control which worked great, but he told me i cant use it with the door. Before i buy and or return/sell anything. What setup should i be using for the new door setup? I was using ridiculously easy garage door smartapp and loved it as it was able to sense my phone when i arrived and left the home. please help!!! Thanks

on my smartthings it says all are up to date

1 Like

This app works with the NYCE tilt sensor, right ?

1 Like

I can’t say for sure, but as long as it works with SmartThings as a contact
sensor that reports open/closed, then you’re good.

Thanks again to this forum! MyQ in SmartThings quit working a couple of days ago, coincidentally when we had a power outage - I assumed it was the power outage that caused the issues, and that I just needed to re-boot everything. I finally found the time to do it, did that, and it still didn’t work.

Jumped on here, found our MyQ:Lite needed to be updated, bing bang boom, everything back to working again!

THANKS!

I can see a SmartApp update at: https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ/tree/master/smartapps/brbeaird/myq-lite.src

But when I go to update it via IDE’s update section “Update from Repo” it is listed as black and identical to repo (item as up to date). I view the actual code in IDE and is dated 6/14/2016???

What is up with the Update Repo section, see pic???

your Github integration is not set correctly. It should be:

it should look like:

Thanks, but now it’s purple… says “Repo version has been modified”… Won’t let me select an update or anything, shouldn’t both be black for fully up to date with latest versions? Now listing:

Purple - SmartApp: MyQ Lite - 1/12/2017
Black - DeviceType: MyQ Garage Door Opener - 1/12/2017

At least door is no working again…