[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Thanks, @jkp. I wasn’t on the right page before. @brbeaird here is the log data I get when trying to install the MyQ Lite and login to the Liftmaster account. Any ideas why this happens?

I’m seeing that it’s showing an older version of MQ Lite, but I swear I deleted and reinstalled the whole thing from my IDE from current Github code–not sure what’s happening there.

/mike

The older version is probably what’s getting you. Other than again trying to flush it out and manually copy/paste, I’m not really sure.

However, the bigger news is that this SmartApp (and all other groovy apps) now has an official expiration date: Sept 30. The End of Groovy Has Arrived

Once that goes through, we’re dead in the water as far as this method goes.

I have made a couple attempts at getting this working with an Edge driver. I think it should work conceptually but will still require running some kind of local server on your network to handle the connection to MyQ. I will see what I can do.

3 Likes

Something like a Pi?

Thank you Brian for continuing to support your program which we have all grown to use and love.

2 Likes

May as we get HA going then. lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not? I’ve got everything else: Smartthings, Sharptools, Hubitat, Alexa, Google Home, Tasker, an RPi running a node server, and probably a couple of other tools I forgot. :rofl:

But not HA!

Hey i just heard groovy is ending. Does that mean we will need something different to get myq to qork with smartthings?

An alternative is to wire in a zwave relay to a physical button. User discretion advised of course, as the warning beep will not be available when the door is remotely triggered. I created a virtual edge door driver that allows the relay and a contact sensor to behave as a single door device and enable local control. It’s a little basic wiring, but removes the need for MyQ integration.

https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen17-universal-relay/

1 Like

+BUMP

…with impending EOL of Groovy support in SmartThings, does anyone know the status of the brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ (master) custom DH?

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s on my list of stuff to do but haven’t gotten far into it yet.

Alright, I’ve made some progress, although there is still a long road ahead. I can get a custom LAN device to be discovered in the mobile app and have a decent understanding of the flow. We’ll see what I can do in the next few weeks.

11 Likes

Brian,

Excellent! I appreciate the work you’ve done in the past and this current effort. Thanks for the update!

I got some time to work on this over the weekend. Things are progressing really nicely. At this point, I am very optimistic this will work just fine via edge driver. I’m able to present multiple virtual “doors” to the hub and get them discovered and am now working on the MyQ connection piece to start working with real devices.

Once it’s all working, I’ll make the MyQ device server available, probably in multiple formats - executables on Windows/Linux/Mac and a docker config. After downloading, you’ll just put in your MyQ credentials in a config file or some kind of environment variable, then it will run on its own. From there, you’ll be able to scan for new devices in the mobile app, and the MyQ devices will show up.

16 Likes

Great news!

Your current app has been extremely beneficial to my homes automation, and your efforts to keep it alive in the edge driver world is really appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Sounds great. Thanks for all your work.

As I’ve been looking at converting an integration to a different device that needs IP to RS232, I’ve seen that many developers have created their own servers on various OSs/platforms using differing protocols over IP.

My hope is that end users wouldn’t have to install and maintain too many of these discrete servers, but instead developers could search and find a useable modular standard service while creating an integration that must talk over IP to a HA mfgr’s cloud API or LAN device.

Your edge driver will not be capable of directly reaching the external internet. Does MyQ offer a local API?

Some people have setup forwarding services on their network to handle this, but it is a power user thing for sure.

I love this integration and look forward to the new edge driver. I’ve been searching for a solution to another integration of mine as well. IP to RS232 for an AV system. This transition of ST is frustrating at best. If anybody who is a developer is willing to help me I’m willing to spend some $$. I’m already using a RPi for the integration so the server part is halfway there. I think. Thanks for any help and TY Brian for your continued support.

I agree, this part sucks, but it’s probably just the way it will be for awhile unless ST comes up with a more unified way for us to do this.

The edge driver itself will not interact with MyQ - I will have another server app that has to run on the LAN that will do that piece.

3 Likes

I encourage you to see if there is already a custom lightweight local service layer that other Edge developers have taken advantage of to do the talking to web APIs.

Again, very grateful for your work.