[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

I ran into the same.

Brian - Been using for a while and realized the update was needed and I finally updated 2 days ago. Did all the updates -smartapp and device handlers. configured the smartapp with username and password - found account, door sensor and figured I was done and would work like before. All the icons were added in the ST app, added to correct room but the opened (not the virtual switch) just spins with no action being completed.

Checked auth status in smartapp: token loaded, last refresh 1438 minutes ago. Not sure my issue and any help is appreciated

Live logging give me this error instantly.
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ā€˜accountIdā€™ on null object @line 1141 (getDefaultAccountId)

Thatā€™s really odd. The SmartApp main page shows all code as on latest? If you clicked through the ā€œmodify devicesā€ list and picked up a door, it should have set things up correctly, but according to that error message, your MyQ accountId was not assigned to the door device for some reason.

I deleted smartapp again and reinstalled. All good now. Not sure my issue but appreciate the fast response and Integration work.

@brbeaird could you please upload http://brbeaird.herokuapp.com code to GitHub? And maybe make the Smart App configurable to point it to our own address? Iā€™d prefer hosting that code in my local server. Thanks!

Done. Take a look at GitHub - brbeaird/MyQRedirectCode

I also pushed a new SmartApp version with the option to specify a different server URL in a hidden ā€œadvancedā€ section of the username/password entry page.

Thanks for all the hard work! Iā€™m getting that login error the thread was initially talking about. Would it be possible for someone to give me some brief instructions how to update the app and fix it? Do I need to login to the samsung dashboard thing and update something there? I followed a tutorial originally so I am not very savvy with this sort of thing. any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You can find the installation/upgrade instructions in the first post of this thread but here is the link to them ā€¦ just view the read me at the bottom

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was able to update the app and get things working again. You are amazing for making this and helping everyone with their home automation. You are very kind. Thanks again!

App is working great. Do you have plans to migrate this to an edge device? The ā€œappā€ portion would need to move somewhere else (self hosted?) if it canā€™t be pulled into the edge driver.

3 Likes

Brian,
Iā€™m having trouble accessing your repository brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ. I keep getting a ā€œDonā€™t have accessā€ Error Code. In ST Community Installer I get ā€œNot Addedā€ message on the GitHub Integration. Any thoughts?

Iā€™m hoping someone can help me with an issue. I have 4 garage doors. When setting up on the ST app, I can get everything setup on the smartapp, however, only one of the garages will show up on the app. When I go to the IDE all 4 get setup and show working. Iā€™ve tried setting up the garages with all 4 in the smart pp and also tried setting each one up individually - either option still only allows one garage door to show up in the ST app. each garage door has a separate tilt sensor. on the smartthings hub, all tilt sensors are registered as connected devices. 1 of the 4 garage doors registers as a connected device and the other 3 show up as ā€œno room assignedā€. If I go into the IDE and change the device to an assigned room, it does not change on the ST hub and still remains under no room asigned. also still wonā€™t show up in the app?

@brbeaird Do you have contacts within Liftmaster? Iā€™m curious to see if they have plans to bring MyQ to Edge or Matter. Once Groovy goes away, seems like a bunch of people will need to fall back to Alexa for integration.

Hi there, does anybody know why I cannot seem to see the smartapp after copying the code at the IDE? I am only able to see 4 smartapps so not sure whether this is a limitationā€¦ Thanks in advance, Martin
Here is the screenshot of the smartapps section through the IDE

Here is the automation section in the mobile app

Go to automations, + sign, add routine, discover (lower right corner), scroll down to Smart Apps and pick your app to install.

Thanks Paul!

Paul, any idea what this may be?

I have no idea that is above my skill level.
Maybe @brbeaird can help.

did you also install the required Device Handlers in addition to the smartapp you installed for MyQ Lite in IDE?

That typically means something didnā€™t quite go correctly with the device type handler installation. A fresh install and/or manually copy/pasting the code over normally fixes it.