[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

that fixed it !!! Thank you !

I got a notification that a new version was available and I just want you to know in case you did not change versioning.

Will it be OK if I stay on the prior version and not update to the new method using the 3rd party server? Itā€™s not like I am concerned about security but it is working now without the need for an other layer. I am thinking if I get a token error down the road I will try to use the exe you gave us to create a new key. With this I would not ask for help or support. If it fails I would then update to the new version.

If itā€™s working for you as-is, you do not have to upgrade. Iā€™d suggest turning off update notifications in the SmartApp. For what itā€™s worth, the new version does still have an option to provide a token and avoid the other server callout.

I just updated from the Repo and stepped through config selecting email/password. All appears to be working fine. Thanks!

I just recently added the MyQ integration into my smartthings app to replace the integration I had with Hubitat. It seems I have things set up properly as I am able to control the garage door with the app. I am trying to set up an automation to open the door when I arrive home. However, I have the geolocation set up and created the automation, but it does not seem to be working. Is there something else I need to setup or check. I do not have a smartghings hub, so i assume this should still work fine. When I check my settings for geolocation, I see a red exclamation point on the section for ā€œGet your location from this phoneā€. When I go there, i do not see any issues. I am using an iphone 11 with the ios15 installed. How do I get this working?

What device Handler did you use for that zigbee relay? Also how did you get the momentary output to work with SmartThings?

The relay installed as a switch so no device handler is needed.

The default behavior of relay is momentary.

Best regards.

Well I just installed it (installed as Zigbee switch). When I click it in SmartThings it just stays on Untill I push it again it turns off. So the momentary doesnā€™t work. Maybe I need to figure out how to configure it in the relay?
Best Regards!

I remember reading the tiny manual and itā€™s says something about momentary being the default but there were settings to allow you to change it to be momentary or on/off.

SmartThings automations will allow you to make a switch into a momentary switch as well:

In the above example when the switch turns on then it turns off after 4 seconds. You have control over how long you want it to stay on before it turns off which effectively creates a momentary switch.

My first choice would be to make the relay do it automatically. If for some reason the automation doesnā€™t run it could leave the switch on and drain the battery of your remote.

I got it working. The relay must have been defaulted to latched. I pushed the mode button on the relay circuit board once and that switched it to momentary.
Thanks!

Excellent.

I am glad it worked out.

Best regards.

1 Like

Would some please assist me as I am getting the following error

In the IDE under Device Settings > Update from Repo > SmartThings_MyQ(Master.
in the New (only in GitHub) I see 6 items to select.
I select them all then select Publish then press Execute Update.

I receive the following error.

Oh No! Something Went Wrong!
Error 500: Internal Server Error
URI/ide/device/doRepoUpdates
Reference Id 35c923dc-2d0c-4e1b-ad77-6dc9577e720c
Date Mon Sep 27 14:39:21 UTC 2021

Any suggestions on how I can fix this.

Did you only choose the .groovy files? Make sure you donā€™t select any of the json or other types.

These are the file types choices I am given

You should not check any of those boxes. The actual handlers would be .groovy files. This tells me you already have them. If updated, they would show up in a different column.

Thanks @brbeaird will do that going forward.

Hi Brian, great job. Iā€™ve been using this since you introduced it. Lost functionality after the API update and didnā€™t bother with the token. Iā€™ve only now updated to the latest version and am getting this error in the log for my Garage Door device:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_8fb9dd85bac8a88e782ad0a79853b4147208848154db9f050642b2b0bc28e130.sendCommand() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String) values: [CG08430433E6, close]
Possible solutions: sendHubCommand(java.util.List), sendHubCommand(physicalgraph.device.HubAction), sendHubCommand(java.util.List, java.lang.Object) @line 117 (close)

That sounds like you may have updated the SmartApp but not the device handler (or vice versa)?

I thought so, too, but the Update from Repo didnā€™t show any Obselete items. I then proceeded to delete the DH and re-add it. Still the error.

Did you tap to modify your devices in the MyQ smartapp?