[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

You should switch to DTH to a different one (doesn’t matter) and then switch it back and then log out and log back into your ST app for the UI changes to take effect.

I ended up Uninstalling and reinstalling and it works as expected now.

@brbeaird have you noticed that the ‘last activity’ only displays the time, and not the date? The format in the code is there, but it is not displaying.

@RBoy this is exactly what needed to happen. Amazing as always!

1 Like

In our new house we have a LiftMaster garage door opener which has MyQ. I came here looking for options to use it in SmartThings. I admit I have only briefly perused this thread, but I did at least do some searches for certain keywords within the thread.

After that I still have questions, hopefully they aren’t a rehash of the same things people have already answered multiple times:

• Can I control the door via a tile in ActionTiles (preferably a single tile that shows status and allows control)?
  • Can I use an open/close sensor instead of a tilt sensor? I know for sure I can do so to get a tile in ActionTiles to show status, but I am not sure if the SmartApp needs specifically a tilt sensor
  • Can I set this up using the new app? I have “migrated” :frowning:

Thanks

1 Like

Yep. That is weird. You can even see the attribute on the device in the IDE correctly has the date. I’ll try and play around more with the new custom DTH system to see if I can figure it out. I’ve been basically just leaving all of this on hold until they get their crap together as I’m tired of burning hours away on a system that’s basically still in an “alpha” state, but I can see if anything has improved.

1. Yes - it works just fine in ActionTiles and shows as a single tile as long as you’ve got the separate sensor on it.
  2. Yes, the key capability is “contact” so it really doesn’t matter if it’s a tilt or open/close sensor.
  3. Yes - the install process is the same in the new app for installing SmartApps.
2 Likes

Great, thanks very much @brbeaird I will check it out.

Mike

Everything is working just fine for me in the new app and I have all the latest DH and Smartapps from you. Thank you!

One question I have is how the doors show up in automations. Basically you select ON/OFF for the door for OPEN/CLOSE respectfully. But when you select ON, a bunch of other options become available and some of them are Door Control Open/Close. It’s a bit confusing and I programed it wrong initially in an automation. Is there a way for it to be fixed to just have Open and Closed as options?

Yeah these devices do not work well in automations yet. I would advise setting up rules in SmartLighting for now.

Okay thanks. I believe On and Off are working just fine (for open/close) from what I’ve seen thus far. Have you seen anything different?

My automations for my two MyQ doors are working well. I’m use presence sense to trigger. I do have ST multi sensors on each door.

To open: On->Garage Door->Open and
To close: Off

I’m having an issue where when then garage door is opened, the status is changing to opening and then to closed even though the door is still open. I’ve tried deleting and re-adding the door but still the same. Issue started happening on what seems to be Tuesday based on notifications I have set.

I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago with 2 of my 3 doors. It turned out that, somehow, the associated multi-sensors for those 2 doors became reversed. My doors would open but the sensor remained closed, so the door state would switch back to closed when it was really opened. It also meant I could not close the door with ST since it thought it was already closed. I had to use the MyQ app to close it. After I fixed the sensor linkage on the 2 doors they have been working fine since.

Exact issue here, started just a bit ago, and I’m using the IFTTT integration with myq. I assume it is somewhere in that handoff between all the ST and IFTTT changes lately.

Edit
It was because IFTTT started charging for custom applets if you have more than 3. Well it takes 4 for two doors. Luckily, thankfully to whomever is responsible, there are pre-built applets now for two doors (one open, one closed each) which don’t count as custom for me.
Thank you for whomever did that. Fixed my issues completely.

Edit 2
IFTTT is having issues. Go here if you’re also having issues. How to: SmartThings_MyQ SmartApp using MyQ Sensors with IFTTT

1 Like

had to swap out the tilt sensor but can’t seem to find the option to change it in the app setting. latest version.

help.

thank you.

I recently went through this: open myq lite smart app, select to modify connected devices, select the devices you want the app to manage (don’t change anything here) and click next, then on that screen you can select the tilt device for each door.

2 Likes

thanks … that was a bit non-intuitive … at least for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
My garage doors stopped working yesterday with Alexa, so I went back and delete all the devices, smartapp and DHs and recreate them again with the latest versions. Since I don’t have sensors, the virtual closer/opener buttons were created. But the recreated buttons still do not work and cannot close/open the doors. I do notice that the main door devices themselves remains in “Checking status…” state in the new ST app.

Brand new install which I’ve tried both manually via IDE and via the community installer and I’m getting the same error when I unsuccessfully attempt to enter my credentials in the myQ lite app.

“The username or password you entered is incorrect. Go back and try again”

live logging on my IDE offers nothing of substance:

• 10:56:14 PM: warn API POST Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request
  • 10:56:14 PM: warn forceLogin: Refreshing login token

I made sure I was running the latest version of myq lite and tested my creds on the myq app

version 3.1.4

Please help me figure out what I am missing here

I’m also having issues logging into the MyQ Lite smart app in the new Smarthings. I am getting the error "We’re having trouble connecting. Check the network connection and try again.

Anybody know what’s up?