[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Your SmartApp shows 3.1.3?

1 Like

I had forgotten to publish the update for myself. Thanks for that.

It seems to be working better, but one of my doors is very slow to update the virtual contact sensor after a close operation. Opening is instant.

I’m using IFTT-linked virtual contact sensors to update the status. Perhaps it’s just an IFTT delay, as I don’t see it updating from that direction.

If I recall, the old DTH had a configuration option to choose a contact sensor; I don’t see that in the new one, even though it’s still available as a state item on the existing device as attached.

@brbeaird Just want to say thank you again. I didn’t use the community installer but I went into the IDE and updated my existing device handler and smart app code with the new code from the repo, I then uninstalled and reinstalled the smart app on my phone. All is working great now.

It does look like MyQ now offers free 2 year integration with Google Assistant and IFTTT, but they don’t allow you to OPEN the door
 That is a shame.

1 Like

Never say never, friend! I do believe an official integration will come eventually.

In a similar fashion, an official MyQ integration with SmartThings could also be limited. For that reason, I have begun the process of writing a replacement version of this that uses the new SmartApp endpoint API. It won’t be quite as simple to setup as this version, but I’ll try to make it as easy to follow as possible.

6 Likes

When you tap through your door setup, you should see the option below it to select an associated door contact sensor.

1 Like

You are awesome! I’m all in for whatever you come up with
easy or not. I really appreciate the time and effort you put in. I wish you could develop EVERYTHING I need in my life! :wink:

1 Like

I’m still not able to login. I installed using st-community installer. I am able to login using the myq app. The smartapp is published and up to date and I can see it in the list but cannot login.

“The username or password you have entered is incorrect. Go back and try again.”

Please help

Any of you guys seen such an error before?

I uninstalled all the devices and tried reinstallating, I get the following error:

Nothing has changed to date, I still have the two simulated contact switches. This all worked until 7/6/20 when it stopped working after I updated the SmartApp.

Thank you for the update, Brian. I echo everyone’s sentiments here
 I really appreciate your time and efforts keeping us up and running! Another small donation should be in your account to help show my appreciation!

Your app has worked so flawlessly that I had to remember how to update everything! LOL

1 Like

Turns out my password was too long.

Smartapp doesn’t seem to be able to recognize my garage door having a sensor. Is there a list of supported models?

Yes, this error means you need to update the Momentary Button Tile device handler in your environment. I updated it awhile back for some reason I can’t remember.

Not quite sure I follow here - if you’re referring to the sensor that comes with MyQ, SmartThings can’t read that sensor. You need to get a separate SmartThings-capable sensor (any ST-compatible sensor with contact capability will do) if you want to associate the door with one.

I just deleted and reinstalled the app a few times both through the community installer and manually. I cannot get the device handlers to work in the new Smart Things app. Everything works flawlessly through the old app and I am able to run commands through Google Home, which is my primary purpose. Any thoughts?

Ah I see, I take it myQ doesn’t output its own open/close sensor data

Get SmartThings Multisensor. It’s on sale now on Amazon. It has tilt and open/close sensor (besides temperature and vibration) which is useful for garage door

I’m having the same issue here

When you open the SmartApp setup page, it definitely shows you’re on the latest version?

You might also try a shorter password.

1. Is there a way to identify which user opened/close the door?
    I would like to setup multiple codes on myQ keypad, and trigger automations based on who opened/closed the garage.

2. Is there a way to have garage hours? Say 8am-10pm the garage code works, outside of these hours it doesn’t

3. Can the garage code be software programmed? I don’t think I found an app that does that yet, curious if this is a possibility or if it has to be programmed physically from the keypad

You can have this done with another app from @RBoy , LUM. You can control garage opener with any keypad (not sure about myQ keypad) or even smart lock. It does report who’s code was used. Also you could set up when codes work as there are many built in options for that.
And it does code programming.

Hi - I have this working with my chamberlain 8500 jackshaft openers, and it works fine for them. I would like to also control the remote light that comes with these (https://www.amazon.com/Liftmaster-380LM-Jackshaft-Openers-Chamberlain/dp/B000MT9YSS), but don’t know if this app can do it - anybody know?

Also, Alexa does not seem to want to open it but instead says that it doesn’t support this capability
 Am I doing something wrong?