[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

I just fear we are at their whim with regards to if they are feeling like they want to integrate or break things that given week.

Thanks, Brian! Got this installed and up and running in just a couple minutes. Works like a charm!

1 Like

Awesome integration… wanted to let you know about a neat trick that worked for me when you can’t get a reliable sensor for open/close. In my case I have an exterior gate with a Liftmaster swing opener. Since the gate swings open a tilt sensor is not a viable option… and as I found out there are not really many(or any) reliable outdoor rated z-wave/zigbee contact sensors. So here is what I did:

1. Enabled email notifications from MyQ for open/close
  2. Setup Gmail filters that label the open/close emails separately(ex: gate opened, gate closed)
  3. Setup a virtual sensor using the Universal Device Type/Translator([RELEASE] Universal Virtual Device Type and Translator)
    3.1 Set the input of the virtual device as a on/off switch
    3.2 Set the output of the virtual device as open/close (on = open, off = close)
  4. Head over to IFTTT and setup a If This rule based on new Gmail w/ label(ex: gate opened label) and Then That to toggle the virtual switch(again gate opened = switch on)
  5. When setting up MyQ lite just set the sensor as the new virtual sensor and voila… fully working myq lite w/ sensor

Hope this helps someone else…

7 Likes

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I published both the device handler and app, but nothing appears in the mobile app under “my apps”.

Look in Automation: Smartapps

You may have installed on the wrong shard (server). Have you installed custom apps or handlers before? If so, are those items showing in the IDE where you installed the myQ stuff?

Anyway, here’s details on the shards. It’s easy to log in to the wrong one.

Thank you, that fixed it!

I’ve ready through most of this long thread (most of last years posts - but brain started getting numb as I worked through 2017).

Not much of it stuck except that I’m consistently very impressed with brbeaird. Awesome in every post!

I’m still unsure which garage door opener to get if I want it to work with smart things. I am limited to getting a “jackshaft” style opener. I think my only options are liftmaster of these models:

I’m willing to get whatever (old model or new or even a different brand if I could find one) so long as it works with smartthings :slight_smile:

I’m not happy with what I’ve heard of MyQ so would love to avoid it - and just get a z-wave controller for it and be done - but if I understand correctly, I will need to use MyQ Lite AND in order for MyQ Lite to work I will need to have full MyQ operation with the MyQ hub in order to get it to work in smart things. Is that correct?

Any suggestions for jackshaft style openers that I can make work easily with smartthings?

Thanks for any help!!! - I’ve held off ordering for a month because I can’t determine for sure what I need.

1 Like

Yes, MyQ needs to be working first before the MyQ Lite SmartApp can integrate with and control it. If you’ve got a choice now, you may want to just go with a non-Chamberlain brand so you can just use a simple Z-Wave controller to open/close it. But if you end up with a MyQ door, this smartapp works great for me.

Thank you for the QUICK reply.

I was afraid you would say that. I would love to go with a non-chamberlain product but they are the only ones with the side mount “jackshaft” openers I’ve found here in the US. I think there is a company called Zap that makes them too but not here and seem expensive. . .

Thanks just the same :0)

PS> just a thought but do you recommend the Zwave opener soldered to a single button liftmaster/chamberlain remote as a reasonable work around? It seems that might work for using smartthings but not using MyQ. . .

Do I need a contact sensor now…I didn’t need one before. The system knows when it’s open and closed…did they shutdown pulling the status down through their API?

From SmartThings, yes, that’s exactly what they did. If you want to do any kind of routine or SmartApp that relies on knowing if the door is open or closed, then you will need a separate contact sensor for ST to know the status.

My App is giving my an “Error!” - Could not find any supported device(s). Please report to author about these devices: []

I’ve been using this App for a few months now, just today it started to malfunction. I’ve deleted/reinstalled the SmartApp and Device Handler. Error still exists.

Could you try renaming the door in your Chamberlain MyQ app? Sometimes that fixes that. Otherwise, we’ll need to dig deeper into the logs to see exactly what information is coming back from their server.

Thank you for the quick response. I’ve just tried your recommendation. Still unsuccessful

Have you gotten this fixed? I’m too having this issue.

The app has been working for months, up until a few days ago. I’ve deleted the SmartApp and Device Handler, reinstalled, and tried to login from ST app. MyQ app, however, works without problems.

I have not. I haven’t had time to try to track it through the logs as the developer suggested.

Update…just ran live logging. This is what I got.

94935796-5fcb-46b1-95a8-a73f78e2ff40 6:49:37 PM: debug got login response: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseDecorator@335768b8
94935796-5fcb-46b1-95a8-a73f78e2ff40 6:49:37 PM: debug lightVersion: 1.0.1
94935796-5fcb-46b1-95a8-a73f78e2ff40 6:49:37 PM: debug doorNoSensorVersion: 1.1.1
94935796-5fcb-46b1-95a8-a73f78e2ff40 6:49:37 PM: debug doorVersion: 2.1.1
94935796-5fcb-46b1-95a8-a73f78e2ff40 6:49:37 PM: debug latestVersion: 2.0.1
94935796-5fcb-46b1-95a8-a73f78e2ff40 6:49:37 PM: debug installedVersion: 2.0.1
94935796-5fcb-46b1-95a8-a73f78e2ff40 6:49:37 PM: debug previousVersion: 2.0.1

I’m experiencing the same issue. It was just working the other day. I’ve tried renaming the door in Chamberlain App.

Something has changed for some people on the Chamberlain side. The API allows their account to get a token, but it throws an unauthorized error when trying to do anything after that. Mine still works fine, so I can’t do much digging into it at the moment. What we really need is someone with the issue who can look at the network calls going out from their device when using the MyQ app to see what changed for them. If you can find anywhere else on the Internet that has figured this out, let me know.

It’s also possible this is something bigger Chamberlain is gradually rolling out that will eventually hit all of us. We’ll just have to wait and see for now.

1 Like

I found that my IP is being actively blocked by Chamberlain. When I go to https://www.mychamberlain.com/, I get back:

Your request has been denied.
[4251746504170309467]

If I go to the site through a VPN or from another location, I’m able to log in. From the “unknown” IP, I was able to delete and re-add my garage door opener. However, now the MyQ smartapp doesn’t report any devices (as previously reported above). Do the requests to the MyQ API go out over the cloud or using the hub’s local IP? The blocked access from my IP is very suspect, but could just be coincidental?