[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Thanks for the insight.

I tried changing the “true” to “false” for the sensor requirement but it kicks back an error when I try to load up the app.

I guess I’m not techie enough to figure this out on my own!

Anyone having issues after hub update? Hub update yesterday and garage now says always open?

The hub update was delayed until today. It hasn’t happened yet.

1 Like

Would not clear till door cycled, did the normal st update panic mode… Not sure why sensor and myq both locked up? Myq app reported correctly, but st app confused.

I have a tilt sensor on one of my doors that acts up once a month or so where it will just randomly start reporting as open, even if the door hasn’t been touched for days. Opening and closing the door always fixes it. When it did it a couple weeks ago, I took the sensor off and switched out the battery - will see if that makes a difference. My other tilt sensor (same model) has been 100%, though.

Mine has been 100% reporting for a long time, also 100% batt with the AA upgrade some time ago. Same weird thing, didn’t touch it for hours, then randomly said open on sensor and myqlite in ST app, actual myq app reported properly.

I just bought a SmartThings Multi Sensor at BestBuy earlier today and set this up using my Chamberlain Gateway. The gateway worked fine before the original SmartApp got shut down.

I installed the sensor and set it to be used for a garage door. Then installed the MyQ Lite SmartApp and set it to use the Multi Sensor.

The sensor shows “Open” all the time and I am unable to open the garage door. If I open the door with my remote, I can close it from within SmartThings.

The MyQ standalone app works just fine, as well.

I have tried rotating the sensor as well just in case I installed it upside down, but I get the same results.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The MyQ smartapp definitely relies on the sensor being accurate. I’d suggest checking with SmartThings on troubleshooting why it’s always showing open.

Did you go into settings for the device and set it to garage door?

I sure did.

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do with the sensor.

I have tried changing the device type in the IDE to SmartSense Garage Door Multi and SmartSense Garage Door Sensor Button and neither one seem to update properly.

When it is set to Garage Door Multi or Garage Door Sensor Button, it always shows closed.

When it is set to the default SmartSense Multi Sensor, it always shows open.

I have tried resetting the battery on the sensor and even moving its location. None of these fixed the problem.

Is this the sensor you bought? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-smartthings-multipurpose-sensor-white/4481809.p?skuId=4481809

If so, are you trying to use it as a tilt sensor? Because I’m pretty sure that sensor does not have tilt capability. Instead, it will act as a contact sensor if you use both parts of it.

Thanks for the reply, Brian.

I’m not sure if the one you linked to is the one I have, the sensor is now mounted on the garage door and I don’t want to mess with it. More on that later.

Based on this support article, you can use it without the magnet: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205463033-How-to-set-up-the-Samsung-SmartThings-Multipurpose-Sensor-as-a-garage-door-open-closed-sensor

[quote]When the Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor is connected with the SmartThings Hub, it can be used as a garage door open/closed sensor.

Selecting the Multipurpose Sensor’s garage door option through the SmartThings mobile app tells the device to use its 3-axis accelerometer to sense the tilt of the garage door, so you can use it without the magnet.[/quote]

I spent some time testing various configurations and even did a reset and repaired the device. I found that not messing with the IDE to change the device type worked best, after you set it to work as a garage door sensor in the SmartThings app itself.

I left the sensor alone for a while and tested it again, simulating what the garage door would do and it reported fine, consistently, for a while. I let it sit in between flips, though – I hope that makes sense.

I then tested the MyQ Lite app and it opened the garage door while the sensor was still in my hand. I then flipped the sensor to the position it would be while the door was open, and it once again reported fine. I closed the garage door from the app, and flipped the sensor again, and all seemed well. I repeated this for a few times with no issues.

I then went and placed the sensor on the garage door, in the same position I held it when I last closed the door and it opened just fine; the sensor reported accurately as well. I repeated this test a few times and they were all successful.

Long story short, it is working now as expected and I will keep monitoring it. Hopefully my confidence in it will grow.

Alexa can now open my garage door, as well.

Next step, getting this all integrated with BMW ConnectedDrive.

Babysteps…

Do you still need the MyQ Hub to make this work if you have a MyQ enabled opener?

My garage door opener is MyQ enabled but I still needed the gateway for this and the original integration. I also needed it for the native MyQ app on my phones.

The way I understand it, you need the MyQ gateway unless your doors have wireless capability built-in. Only a few models do, and they usually have the Wifi icon on them.

Good evening! New to Smartthings and trying to get this Chamberlain going. I followed the manual instructions but when pasting the code into the New SmartApp code window I get the following error:

No signature of method: script1479522125856727617910.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1479522125856727617910$_run_closure1) values: [script1479522125856727617910$_run_closure1@24dc3802] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi @enroberts, that happens when you use code designed for a device handler for a SmartApp, or visa versa. Switch what you created and you’ll be OK. Who’s code are you using?

I’m trying to configure my garage door opener with MyQ Lite. I’m using the Samsung Multipurpose Sensor accelerometer’s feature (without magnet) and I was wondering if I can select the Multipurpose Sensor as “Contact Sensor” and “Acceleration Sensor” ???